Random Crashing

2»

Comments

• TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    edited August 2014
    It's interesting as groups of people are crashing at the same time, 5 people crashed on the Alien team and 3 on ours at one point. I didn't realise it until I reconnected back into the game. Some people didn't crash at all, it happened 4 times to me that match.

Instances when I recall it crashing:
    Opening the tab menu
    Opening the escape menu
    Some comm related tasks
    In battle (happens quite a bit)
    Respawning
    Opening up the prototype lab (I believe it was a mod causing)

I wonder if the updated font manager has something to do with it. It's pretty easy to make the game crash now.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @Turbine‌
    Please run techsupport.exe when NS2 is crashed and the window is STILL OPEN.. even if its black.
    Sometimes it can be difficult to navigate to it, so make a shortcut to your start bar temporarily.
    It will create a large dump file in a zip folder after a few minutes... upload this to somewhere online and link it here.
    It is the fastest method for devs to fix crashes.

Thank you :)
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    No crashes so far on the new build. Still getting slight weird rubberbanding from time to time, but it seems to be less severe when it happens.

However now I'm having issues with workshop, getting missing required mod errors, mod not found on workshop errors and funkiness with workshop subcriptions, console saying "mod " not found" on game startup etc seems to be totally random. Done the usual unsubscribe and remove mods. Weird.
  • Mr_ChainsawMr_Chainsaw Join Date: 2014-08-13 Member: 197946Members
    For me 268 only crashed when I tried to tab out of the game. Ingame no crashes so far.
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    Turbine wrote: »
    It's interesting as groups of people are crashing at the same time, 5 people crashed on the Alien team and 3 on ours at one point. I didn't realise it until I reconnected back into the game. Some people didn't crash at all, it happened 4 times to me that match.

Just yesterday I reported to matso that I coincidentally spotted (server console) one of those cases where 4 players timed out at the same time. One of them immediately said his client crashed and I assume the others suffered the same fate. It does look like the servers are sending something bad which causes a flock of clients to crash. 8-X