268 and beyond

Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
Dear CDT,
You guys and gals are Gods among us mortals. To put so many fixes and QoL changes to the vanilla game in such a short time (as volunteers) really show your dedication and passion for this game. I want to thank you for all the effort you all have put in. Here's to 268 and beyond. HOOOOORRAYY

Comments

• RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    We are not worthy to post among the Gods.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    I think a CDT dlc is in order. :)

I would so buy that!! Even if it is just a simple shoulder decal that says "CDT are gods!!"
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    This will do me fine.

Rw8B04O.jpg
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited August 2014
    We should add hats and other gimmicks to the game, and viewing them is toggleable in options.

Money goes directly to cdt =P
    Turn babblers into mini gorges? Complete with mini-gorge taunts?
    Mendasp wrote: »
    My two top features that I want in the game are chickens and the aliens to get their buttholes back. Bonus NS1 Onos udders if possible (shadow onos?).

That is some story. May be you should start a poll @Mendasp, if enough people want it... What is the chicken in reference to? Like babblers look like chickens? Or the Onos turn into a giant Chicken (or a turkey) and peck the marines to death (gore). There is also stomp (with the turkey legs) and bone shield (extend the neck feathers). That is perfect. And we can render a butt hole on that turkey.
    edited August 2014
    We should have CDT donator only mod where huge gorges make mini-kingdoms that wage war on each other, lol

Age of Gorges most likely...
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    @Cannon_FodderAUS‌ I think he's referring to the counterstrike chickens ...

Frankly if by 'chickens' he means 'little harmless alien NPCs to casually shoot' I'd be cool with that... But you know, babblers do exist already :P
    oic. I was all excited about chick babblers that turn to nuggets when they die. Or may be we can make the lerk into a chicken (giant death chicken with sharp teeth). Like the teleporting rape sloth (fade).
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    @Cannon_FodderAUS‌ I think he's referring to the counterstrike chickens ...

Frankly if by 'chickens' he means 'little harmless alien NPCs to casually shoot' I'd be cool with that... But you know, babblers do exist already :P

No. Little harmless aliens to shoot at would be a distraction and visual clutter, and therefor anti-competitive. Only someone who truly hates the competitive scene could propose such a thing.

:D
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Yes, I referred to the CSGO chickens...

• RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    My two top features that I want in the game are chickens and the aliens to get their buttholes back. Bonus NS1 Onos udders if possible (shadow onos?).

Shadow udders...

Shudders!
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Some reason that reminds me of The Killer Tomatoes!
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    But now the SEA region has no clue when to expect the patch.

Not fair.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Obraxis is the biggest Awesome farm on the forum at the moment. :D
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Ots wrote: »
    But now the SEA region has no clue when to expect the patch.

Not fair.

Yes You (we) do. Mid morning on wednesday.
    It's always mid-morning on wednesday. Or is it Tuesday now?
  • G_of_the_JG_of_the_J Join Date: 2013-08-12 Member: 186764Members

To promote CDT (and NS2), pls make it happen.
    STNG opening theme parody with ns2 related stuff.

Something like: NS2, the final frontiersmens. These are the improvements that CDT has made (fast flash about improvements). It's continuing improving, to explore, strange new gaming experiences. To seek out better frames and new kharaa entities. To boldly go, where no one has gone before.

NS2 - Community Develoment Team, tyy titi tyy...
    Starring loki, rantology, mendasp, wasabione, etc etc.

Ps. I got 15-40 fps improvement in last patch (267). Long live CDT!
  • HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    @AurOn2 It's Friday M8 :D ... also @Obraxis It's evening in the Euro zone allready... no Patch :( It got delayed?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
  • HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just saw it... never mind :D
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester

And we want more plants in atrium
    :-h