Reinforced taunt

rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
Has anybody heard it at all? How does it sound like? I see
Reinforced taunt “Kill em’ all, it’s the only way to be sure” is now much more likely to play.
in the 267 build changelog, it also was in 263:
Increased weight of exclusive Female Marine Shadow badge taunt from 3% to 8%
I've never heard it even once. Asked other players, they didn't even know that it exists. Is it only me? Or is it a Linux version bug?

Comments

• AmadAmad Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186626Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    You can only hear it if you're using a female marine. Just keep spamming the taunt button and it'll come out eventually, apparently in this new build it's a common taunt. Not that I mind though. <3
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm using a female marine all the time and it has never been played. Spammed for several minutes once and nope, nothing like "kill em' all".
  • AmadAmad Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186626Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    That is really odd. I see you got the shadow badge too so it should work.

Just went to test it myself and I keep hearing it all the time now...perhaps some sound file is missing or something? Verify NS2 steam files?
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Not only I verified it many times but also redownloaded the game completely due to broken localization. Yet again, how does it sound like? Just like they wrote in the changelog, "Kill em’ all, it’s the only way to be sure"? Or is it an alias?
    rkfg wrote: »
    Not only I verified it many times but also redownloaded the game completely due to broken localization. Yet again, how does it sound like? Just like they wrote in the changelog, "Kill em’ all, it’s the only way to be sure"? Or is it an alias?

It literally sounds like that. Kill em' all, it's the only way to be sure!
  • agmen92agmen92 zimbabwe Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184486Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i never heard that taunt either, not a single time since reinforced, no idea what's up with that
    Nice to get a confirmation, thanks! I'll do more research and ask friends who have the shadow badge whether or not they heard this taunt.
  • agmen92agmen92 zimbabwe Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184486Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Apparently i can hear others using that new taunt since b267 which i didnt before;
    Still cant use it myself tho
    Could it be because you have several badges and not only the shadow one? Needs more confirmations but could be a clue.
    yea i actually do; that might cause the issue hmm
    @Amad‌ also has the silver badge but the taunt works for him. But @agmen92‌ has also the supporter badge as well as myself...
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Calling @samusdroid to see if he can shed any light
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Probably because you don't have the dlc hooked up to your steam account. It is also only shadow and above that get this taunt as female.
    edited August 2014
    My "Steam Community Profile URL" (in the reward section of the reinforcement program) is missing the " / " at the end of my url when comparing it to the copy&paste url from the steam proile pic, so that's maybe why i can't use the taunt;

But my badges do show up ingame regardless since the beginning
    Hmmm, same here. I've found my shadow badge Humble URL, added a slash to the end of the Steam profile and will try it later. It's not exactly a DLC though because it's visible for everyone in game. I'd call it "an unlock".
    Nothing changed, spammed taunts for 4 minutes in Sandbox, nothing new here.
    Is it even possible to change your "Steam Community Profile URL" afterwards? It seems to reset itself to the "old" URL when you reopen the reward page.

Besides that i don't think that's the issue really. I mean i DO have my shadow skin, the shadow badge, the shoulder pad and everything else you are supposed to get with the 75$ tier; everything works fine but the taunt.

I also checked if all codes on the humble bundle page are connected to my steam account. They are.

edited August 2014
    Yep, same here. I've got everything that was in that tier, except the taunt. I didn't think it's a big issue so I somehow forgot about this. Now, seeing all the great progress CDT makes, the lack of the taunt resurfaced in my mind.

And yes, the URL isn't saved it seems. It just says "Data saved!" when I press Enter but after refresh it's all the same.
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    this was one of the things that i posted and emailed them about when i first got my onos badge...also, they never said the taunt was only for female players...all very misleading.

also, the latest release does NOT have the options to select skins or shoulder badges...wtf?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @joohoo_n3d‌
    Um.... yes you can? You can even rotate the models now ;)
    Just like it's always been : be sure you are in game first before hitting esc and looking for that menu item that says "customize player"
  • FeathermonsterFeathermonster California Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187312Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    I also couldn't seem to get the shadow taunt to work. Spent what felt like forever spamming the taunt button while waiting for scrims to start last night, no dice. All the other shadow stuff has been working, female marine, etc, just no taunt. That or RNG hates my guts, but I think I heard every other taunt, so.. :P
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @joohoo_n3d‌
    I wouldnt make presumptions of QA failing if it was done intentionally due to a technical limitation within the engine (that has been discussed endlessly, internally, with no easy solution) as that may come off rude and uninformed.

It's been like this for months now, btw..
    Ahem... I don't want to be impolite but why CDT members ignore the points of my two latest threads while answering to completely unrelated matters posted in that exact threads? I really don't get it. Something like "thanks for the report, we're investigating/fixing this, please provide this and that info" would be very fine but I feel ignored now. Like I'm complaining to a thick glass wall and all the life goes behind it, no one hears me like I don't exist. Yes, I may be persistent, but I'm trying to be affable and informative in my reports. I'm ready to provide any information you need to fix these issues, just TELL ME WHAT YOU NEED ALREADY! You have Linux members, what do they do? Have you said them about my reports? Did they read them?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Just because we dont reply, doesnt mean we are not noting the issues or passing them to the programmers. WE're all doing this in our spare time, so we can only reply to things when we have time, or knowledge about a certain thing.

We are watching. Always watching.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014

Blame youtube for cutting the end out. Played first time I tried.
    Did you upgrade to shadow or buy it in full, for those who it does work for, answer too please.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I upgraded to shadow and it works fine.
    I bought Shadow first, then bought all the lower tiers.
    rkfg wrote: »
    why CDT members ignore the points of my two latest threads while answering to completely unrelated matters posted in that exact threads? I really don't get it.
    Two CDT members already responded to your post, regarding your report, before i even replied.
    But like Obraxis said, even if we didn't respond, it doesn't mean we didn't see it or that it isn't reported.
    Case in point, today from our internal chat room :
    "samusdroid @group I need everyone to taunt at least 30 times as female elite assault and tell me if the reinforced taunt plays"

HOWEVER, it needs to be said that these forums are not a guaranteed 2 way communication. This is not a live chat.
    They are a forum to post information and for us - on our own free time - to respond to and collect data and assist others if we are able; everything is purely community maintained.
    So while we all appreciate any contribution provided, to include detailed and helpful reports, this does not necessarily mean that we promise A) it is going to be fixed B) that it is a priority C) you will even be responded to

Please try to keep that in mind, and remember that you are free to private message any of us (myself, especially) if you have a direct question.
    And thank you, as always, for your detailed reports.
This discussion has been closed.