Patch 267 today?

Comments

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Bringing up the VRAM question again, I have a Radeon HD 6770 with 1gb VRAM, do I choose the 1gb option or do I have to stick with 0.5gb? (Since there isn't a 768mb option.)
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Bringing up the VRAM question again, I have a Radeon HD 6770 with 1gb VRAM, do I choose the 1gb option or do I have to stick with 0.5gb? (Since there isn't a 768mb option.)

YOU HEAD OVER TO NEWEGG, AND GET A NEW GPU WITH 2GB+ OF VRAM!!!!!!!!

Well they told me to use the 2gb option for a 2gb video card, so I'd assume you'd use the 1gb?
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    IF I SIT AT MY COMPUTER FOR THE NEXT 3.5 HOURS, DOES IT DOWNLOAD QUICKER?!

YES/NO?
    Dictator93 wrote: »

YES/NO?

technically yes if you restart steam when the update is out and D/L it first you'll have a faster download compared to when everyone downloads it at the same time!!!!1111111111

But I don't think we'll have 200,000 people downloading an update :P
  • DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    Still need servers to update, which going by the last patch could take a while.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    nooo don't do this to me, I can game basically from nowish for the rest of the evening, but need an early night then won't be gaming for a few days! Release early! :E
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Daveodeth wrote: »
    Still need servers to update, which going by the last patch could take a while.

Last update took me at least 30 minutes to download to the server. Steam had some problems. Again. Let's hope it works better tonight.
    psh, servers

REAL MEN HOST LOCALLY
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ezekel wrote: »
    psh, servers

REAL MEN HOST LOCALLY

I always do that with a new patch. Load up the game locally, run around Biodome like a mad man.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2014
    ezekel wrote: »
    psh, servers

REAL MEN HOST LOCALLY

I always do that with a new patch. Load up the game locally, run around Biodome like a mad man.
    53308788.jpg
    Madmen probably started calling it a dome by running around in circles over and over again after each patch... And now we're stuck with domeism!
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts

I would try it with both and see what fits better, but really if yo are 768 then you shouldnt go over.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Minimum vram requirements are 1 GB.. So you should get a better card. :)
    In the mean time however, you can manually type in the console r_texmax 350
    Because you should keep a 350-400 MB buffer.

I still recommend a new card, though
    You know I swear someone is taking the piss. Patch out today and the local interwebs exchange dies. Grr
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • ChizzlerChizzler Join Date: 2013-01-04 Member: 177532Members
    MrFangs wrote: »
    Downloading! oO

Let's do this!!!
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Great, got the patch, played two matches and now Steam died entirely. FU Valve.
  • TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    The good news is, higher fps. The bad news is the hitching isn't much better and the servers which were struggling before are falling over themselves now. =3
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    Still getting hitching when having a stable >60fps. Is still patch suppouse to fix it completely or just improve the hitching?
  • LobsterBusterLobsterBuster Quebec Join Date: 2014-03-26 Member: 194986Members
    Something annoys me with this new patch : i can't list the servers in the order based on Skill properly anymore - I seems the higher skill servers aren't on top anymore, instead we're given the "equally skilled"
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Something annoys me with this new patch : i can't list the servers in the order based on Skill properly anymore - I seems the higher skill servers aren't on top anymore, instead we're given the "equally skilled"

It was reset, so it needs a few weeks to collect data before it meets its potential. It now tells you which server will, or would as it be, tell you what server matches your skill level. If you still feel that is not high enough, choose a ^ or ^^ server.
  • MartigenMartigen Australia Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2714Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Reinforced - Onos
    My initial feedback:
    • The game definitely 'feels' smoother, fantastic work.
    • MENUS! Am I the only one noticing they load faster? It should be unimportant but it's really not -- it's about polish, and first impressions last for new players. I always thought seeing hitching just by moving around menus was odd. It feels more slick now, right from when you load up the game.
    • Loving zoom for commander and spectating mode!
    Also:
    • Actually related to NS2+, but since all the major servers run it: the new HUD options. For aliens, the HL1 option gives Skulks an effective crosshair for skulk bite. I found this helped me land bites a tad easier, but from a design perspective the Skulk view is deliberately hampered by both lack of crosshair and blocking vision with the teeth to stop skulks being too powerful.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014

YES/NO?

@Dictator93 try this for speed:
    lenmGkH.jpg
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Martigen wrote: »
    but from a design perspective the Skulk view is deliberately hampered by lack of crosshair
    [/list]

Many crosshairs on the workshop keep the crosshair on for all lifeforms and weapons.
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well, precaching is clearly faster now. Before it took quite a while with extra precaching enabled, even with my SSD cache along the HDD. But now it's like 5 seconds.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited August 2014
    Well the game definitely feels smoother, i.e. no dropped frames opening menus, and I only experienced one or two 'hitches' during games last night, where FPS would suddenly drop to like 30 (much better than the 0fps hitches of yore ;) Also the new fonts look much crisper, very nice!
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    it would
    QUESTION: I'm sure someone must have mentioned this, but are you guys aware of/ planning to hotfix the bug where alien structures are spazzing out and turning into goo fountains? I'm not sure of the repro steps but it might be the first support structure the khamm drops each round? I've seen it happen with 2 shifts and a shade, and wasn't keeping track of what the khamm was doing in those games. Funny though :P

This is related to the ns2+ mod, which was quickly fixed by mendasp once it was discovered, so all should be already fine regarding to that bug.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    QUESTION: I'm sure someone must have mentioned this, but are you guys aware of/ planning to hotfix the bug where alien structures are spazzing out and turning into goo fountains? I'm not sure of the repro steps but it might be the first support structure the khamm drops each round? I've seen it happen with 2 shifts and a shade, and wasn't keeping track of what the khamm was doing in those games. Funny though :P

That was a bug related to NS2+, mendasp fixed it already. ;)
    james888 wrote: »

It was reset, so it needs a few weeks to collect data before it meets its potential. It now tells you which server will, or would as it be, tell you what server matches your skill level. If you still feel that is not high enough, choose a ^ or ^^ server.

Not yet it hasn't. Thought the reset was the weekend.