[Server] Script Error #1: attempt to index a string value

nilkkiinilkkii Finland Join Date: 2013-12-24 Member: 190758Members
edited May 2014 in Server Discussion
cec486d8f7.png

Server crashed, this is my problem now. I tried update via steamcmd but still crashing

EDIT2: This is problem too, Steamcmd update dont help.
WARNING: Corrected case of '/home/ace/hakemisto/serverit/NS2/serverfiles/ns2/models/marine/Dropship/dropShip.model'
WARNING: Corrected case of '/home/ace/hakemisto/serverit/NS2/serverfiles/ns2/models/marine/Dropship/dropShip.model'

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2014
    I reported this issue allready in the internal bug tracker! Does this happen at mapchange?

BTW: Could you please use something like gist to post error stacks, so its easier for me to copy paste them etc. .

Edit: The second error is not a really causing any issue at all just a warning don't mind it ;)
  • nilkkiinilkkii Finland Join Date: 2013-12-24 Member: 190758Members
    edited May 2014
    I think that happen at mapchange, but im not 100% sure because it happen at last night :3

EDIT2:
    I see this
    Jekt wrote: »
    Just swapped to linux servers, also crashing very frequently on map change. Disappointing. Could also provide dumps if told how to do so. : D
    Was a problem with NS2Stats. Disabling the Shine plugin for it stopped my map change crashes.
    (Shine NS2Stats ? ?),

I disabled Shine NS2Stats and enabled basic NS2Stats but i get much more error : https://gist.github.com/nilkki/f01bf977e6dfc27cf066
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2014
    nilkkii wrote: »
    I think that happen at mapchange, but im not 100% sure because it happen at last night :3

EDIT2:
    I see this
    Just swapped to linux servers, also crashing very frequently on map change. Disappointing. Could also provide dumps if told how to do so. : D
    Was a problem with NS2Stats. Disabling the Shine plugin for it stopped my map change crashes.
    (Shine NS2Stats ? ?),

I disabled Shine NS2Stats and enabled basic NS2Stats but i get much more error : https://gist.github.com/nilkki/f01bf977e6dfc27cf066

DO NOT use the original ns2stats is out to dated since over a half year ( we stoped developing it ).
    [Shine] NS2Stats doesn't cause this issue directly, thought i might increase the chance of this happening. But that could fit to any mod using alot HTTP Requests (depending on how the spark engine handles those)

Every time i hear user telling me one of my mods causes kind of crashes i'm sitting here as dev and can't do anything.

I checked all my mods up to now at least 50 times after any corrupted stack they might cause. Rewrote ns2stats itself now 5 times complettly improving the cache handling any time even more, making sure nothing gets leaked out of the cache and everything gets cleaned up correctly.

Comparing my code with the vanilla code, mine is like 5 times more solid so i have no idea how on earth my mod could cause this.

But i'm also not perfect so if you find any error pointing towards shine or ns2stats tell me.

More confusing is that the error is happening at a point where no mod is mounted at all, so its impossible ns2stats could cause this directly.

So if ns2stats really cause this then the httprequest function of the spark engine is somehow really broken which will cause issues any way as also the vanilla code uses some of them (for skins, badges etc. )

And this also happens without any mod enabled
    edited May 2014
    I disabled basic ns2stats and shine ns2stats. Working fine now with Shine administration.

I hope, server not crash anymore..
    How often did the freezes /crashes happen to you?
    About 50% mapchanges + and maybe 1-2times at week.
    edited May 2014
    LoL.

Network variable 'animationBlend' of class 'Rifle' has value inf which is outside the range 0.000000 to 1.000000
    [19:20:38]Pbodeh[8705901] ran command sh_votesurrender with no arguments.
    Client disconnected (207.118.69.89) Quit
    [19:20:47]Chat Team - Mr.Nice: can u aim with RM here???
    Client connected (70.49.77.57)
    [19:20:52]Client Authed. Steam ID: 4181390
    Dark connected.

Segmentation fault

And server stopped.
    Really, wtf
    edited May 2014
    Welcome to the world of hosting a ns2 server ;)