DLC for Exceptional Contributions to NS2

2»

Comments

• b1.seb1.se Stockholm, Sweden Join Date: 2012-09-17 Member: 159734Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Saltlick wrote: »
    How about some skins that have the faces of the contributors?

LOL I would totally wear @Mendasp face on my arm.
    Lets make Summer-Edition Marine model with short sleeves and customizable tattoes.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    @GhoulofGSG9‌ For what it's worth we are all credited in the games credits so it's not like we are not recognized for our work. Current active PTs also got the Kodiak DLC for free with more perks to come for future titles. While PT leads put in a lot of time outside PT sessions and all PTs put in a lot of time right around release the overall time impact of playtesting is actually quite small compared to what you'd be doing for a minimum wage QA job.
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    I nominate NS+. I will pay up to $15 for this mod to go official.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Narfwak wrote: »
    @GhoulofGSG9‌ For what it's worth we are all credited in the games credits so it's not like we are not recognized for our work. Current active PTs also got the Kodiak DLC for free with more perks to come for future titles. While PT leads put in a lot of time outside PT sessions and all PTs put in a lot of time right around release the overall time impact of playtesting is actually quite small compared to what you'd be doing for a minimum wage QA job.

I am and was well aware of that but still i thought if i start to thank ppl for what they do i can't let some pts out ( beside that they got their pt credit entry, badge, bot named after them, the free dlc and are involved in future uwe projects ) as some of you do alot more than the usealll pt stuff.

My post was not about ppl that deserve a thanks in generell from the community but was just who i would like to thank personally to show off that there are still alot great ppl around who deserve some more public attention and thanks.

And without saying too much i wouldn't keep pts with what's going on currently.
  • Evil_IceEvil_Ice Join Date: 2004-07-09 Member: 29827Members, Squad Five Blue
    Hmm... have to think on this one for a bit longer...
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Evil_Ice wrote: »

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Contact hugh and be done with it!
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Oh I'd love to have hughs face on my marine
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow

I AM BEGGING YOU.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2014
    It would be smart to limit any additional models (skins/textures don't matter) to 64 bit OS users only, due to the current ceiling that's been reached already. Else, the tech support forums shall flood again..
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    Or add that option to just display the models we want instead of getting a fuckfest of different skins ingame :D
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @Regnareb‌ Then no one would bother buying skins or models beyond just those that show up in first person view. (Rifle only so far?)
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    No because most people would not activate the option, and you wouldn't know who activated it or not, like in other games.

Regarding competition, I wouldn't take a game seriously if it did not gave that basic option (not that I care about competition).