Official servers not in list and cannot connect to them.

spongeboburuspongeboburu Join Date: 2013-09-30 Member: 188540Members
Ever since a few updates ago I noticed that none of the UWE official servers showed up in the server list. Sometimes they would show up for a second only to dissapear. If I managed to double click one of them during that brief moment I would get a "could not connect" (or similar). This problem started about the same time that bringing up the player list for servers started showing "Unknown" for all players on it.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or intential, but why aren't the player names showing up? Also, is it a bug or intentional that I cannot play on official servers any more?

Comments

• L3gionTML3gionTM idk Join Date: 2014-02-25 Member: 194353Members
    edited April 2014
    Click right button and check how long players is on the server
    This server is fulled with bots, two slots is reserved i think. You cannot join them anyway.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    I have seen one or two other people complaining about UWE servers being down, especially in Europe. UWE responded and said they would look into it. Some people have been wondering if this is related to the impending NS2 release, but I don't know.

@L3gionTM Why would the UWE servers have bots on them?
  • VengaboyVengaboy The Swamp Join Date: 2013-08-24 Member: 187053Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2014
    Player names not showing up has been an issue since the gather system was introduced. Should be fixed in the upcoming build, I hope.

Makes gametracker near useless
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2014
    The official servers are down for a while now and noone knows if they will get up any time soon.
    So just choose a community server to play on. There are alot of those many with a better perf than any uwe (multiplay :S ) server.

@L3gionTM‌ Make sure those are really UWE servers, there are alot server around named in the same way which are not UWE servers
  • spongeboburuspongeboburu Join Date: 2013-09-30 Member: 188540Members
    Every build seems to be one step forward, two steps back.
  • Goliath VietnamGoliath Vietnam Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 178080Members
    Every build seems to be one step forward, two steps back.

Natural Selection :))

Life is happy , suddenly there is Ice Age>> Dinosaur dead :D

I see you have problem because Linux , but hope you understand for UWE , they are not Activision or EA >>> Big company with loads of $$$$$$$$

• spongeboburuspongeboburu Join Date: 2013-09-30 Member: 188540Members
    How is that relevant? I paid for a game to work in Linux, both parties must uphold their end of the bargain regardless of their financial circumstances.

Would it be OK for me to buy the game and not pay clamining "but I'm not Donald Trump or Bill Gates" ?