Rookie Stomps

Comments

• craZyfxcraZyfx Austria Join Date: 2014-01-20 Member: 193350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    The single biggest thing that annoys me is the players who HAVE to be on marines every round. You shuffle the teams, all is good, then check the scoreboard 30secs in and half the alien team is back in the ready room trying to get onto marines.

Reminds me of NS1 ;)
    Yeah it's a problem, but it's totally understandable. People want to be good, have many kills. Playing marine is similar to games they know - shooting with weapons. On the other side, playing skulk is a pain in the ass as rookie. You are dead even before you reach your opponent.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I actually thought he was using irony/satire...?
  • orbitalshapeorbitalshape gameland Join Date: 2014-02-03 Member: 193754Members
    Based on my experience with Orbital's posts, I'm pretty sure Google translate is butchering his input language.

I mostly just default to saying "wat?"

I know how to write, i dont need Google translate, i was just in rage for players like this .
    They are ..... most ....... brain...... ....less ...... , that dont deserve to even ......... in servers.
    U fill lines in way u understand, but i think u get "wat?" point i place x mark on . Words may not be right but mine point is!

I cant see point of playing fade, lerk, shotgun, jp, when noobs are in .
    When u can have honor and play exo ,flamer, gorge, even onos-they will have fell to even shot in something.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I would just love to know what method of input you use, orbital. Suffice to say it is less than accurate. The alternative is that what you write comes straight out of your brain, like some kind of linguistic diarrhoea... Either way, it really is truly horrible to attempt to decipher.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Roobubba wrote: »
    I would just love to know what method of input you use, orbital. Suffice to say it is less than accurate. The alternative is that what you write comes straight out of your brain, like some kind of linguistic diarrhoea... Either way, it really is truly horrible to attempt to decipher.

u mad
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    This thread, much like the ones before it, will accomplish nothing.
    Locklear wrote: »
    This thread, much like the ones before it, will accomplish nothing.

It doesn't stop politics, why should it stop us?
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hi Orbital,

I'm sure plenty of people know how to type and don't need Google translate.

But I get cancer reading your posts. :(
    Cancer are no lifers on this forums , that make your videos useless with noobstomping.
    Noob say, hm find this video maybe will help me, ah crap it is not working, i will dislike video, and delete game , was cheap anyway, so how can be good ?
    ''Pro'' say oh i .... them up , grrrr im beast.

It is very strange how some1 who spend so much time makeing videos to help mans, can fall and take miror image of dark ages bourgeoisie, outdated set of belifs,

Mans in this video never help any1 but them self, but u are , so that made me wonder are all mans created evil? But u see that when they gain power, or think they gained it , like u cuz u made all this videos that i vatched all , or RO who i have friend list becoz of REDDOG, and somehow they still think , that few leters of some1 post will change more than topic it self.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I need Google translate for his Google translate.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I'm struggling not only with reading each 'sentence,' but also the overall meaning.
    As I understand, you're saying that ISE is evil because he tries to help players improve, and if they improve they'll get more kills, which in turn leads to their victims rage quitting.
    That can't be what you mean to say (although on past performance maybe it is..?).
    I absolutely don't want to criticise anyone's English when it's a foreign language, but if you cannot make your point clearly, may I suggest one of the many good translate tools that exist?
    The ability to make oneself understood is not just about correct use of language, it also requires structure both in grammar and in style. Knowledge of how to construct an argument so it can be clearly understood is independent of language. I had a Taiwanese PhD student a few years ago who started in the lab with very little English. In a little over two years from the start of her studies, she wrote up a full thesis of very high quality. There were some corrections to make to her written English, though not many, but she was one of the few PhD students I've seen of any nationality who really knew how to write coherent, logical and clear arguments.
  • _mod_mod New Zealand Join Date: 2013-11-01 Member: 188922Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited April 2014
    Yeah it's not an oudated, dark age belief to prize the skill of actively making sure one is understood clearly.

OT I agree with D0pey, and I think "noob friendly" is moreso about openness than segregation. Also agree that new players often migrate to marines, dip into aliens, get shocked, go back to rines, and dip back to aliens when they're curious.
    In aussie/kiwi land where there's fewer servers and they get saturated there's more crossover.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    We need to start stealing players from other FPS :P
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Other FPS players don't necessarily have to work as a team let alone take orders from a commander to win or get that feel good K/D ratio. You need to stick at NS2 a lot longer than any other game to get good, which is both good and bad.

We need to steal those players who are also into RTS
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Now you're making sense!

I always thought NS2 marketing lacked emphasis on the RTS elements, tbh.

But again, many RTS players dont do the whole teamwork thing. But I'll tell you who does...

The MOBA players.

And it's funny, once you get past the RTS and FPS basics of NS2, the macro strats have an element of MOBA-like gameplay to them. That's the combination of RTS and team-reliance.

So yeah lets steal LoL's playerbase, all we need is microtransactions and they wont feel a thing mwuahahahahahaahahaahaha
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Now you're making sense!

I always thought NS2 marketing lacked emphasis on the RTS elements, tbh.

But again, many RTS players dont do the whole teamwork thing. But I'll tell you who does...

The MOBA players.

And it's funny, once you get past the RTS and FPS basics of NS2, the macro strats have an element of MOBA-like gameplay to them. That's the combination of RTS and team-reliance.

So yeah lets steal LoL's playerbase, all we need is microtransactions and they wont feel a thing mwuahahahahahaahahaahaha

My gaming career these last few years (ok many years):

-NS1
    -Warcraft III's Dota
    -NS2

So yeh, makes sense to me.

So we need players from FPS, TPS, and RTS, oh w8 they are all in Smite now .
    TPS skill shot based action MOBA.

That have : if in need :
    Auto buy items - 4 noobs
    Auto spend points -4 noobs
    Video tutorials in game -4 noobs
    Twitch stream software in game
    Twitch chanels in game and
    Simple combat mod arena for lads that want not to use brain, when they dont want to :)

And im so sad that this game have so high potencial, dont care to fix simple things like
    loading times, adding weapons that based on prediction and tracking, right now just twich aiming is viable , prediction and tracking weapons/atacks on aliens are lame .
    Or like add preset unlock upgrade order for comanders, will help new players, but nah we dont need new players anyway.
    In last one indy sale hs2 got sold good cuz frankieonpc1080p made video about it
    Now no1 famos cover this sale so u get
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2014
    *Painfully rubs eyes* I've re-read his post multiple times to make sure I'm not going off on a tangent, but I will try to respond...

I don't pretend to say, "Hey watch this, and you'll be instantly a pro"... Because people learn in different ways and in different speeds, while it will help some, but not for others and that is completely out of my hands.

I would like to bring to light that I have had plenty of people thanks me for the videos as it worked for them and helped them become better and I could care less if they dislike the video, as that is ultimately their opinion and gives me little constructive feedback to improve the series.

If people stop playing the game, I doubt it will be because of watching the video of trying to explain the game to them, it would be from events or experiences that I have no control over.

I've been told that some prefer to read instead of watch, to which I put all the supported research and text in the NS2 Guide Section.
    While some simply prefer to tough it out like all of us did when we started, but the gaming industry has changed a lot since NS1, so many games out there, giving players a much lower tolerance to invest in a game that takes time to learn a complicated game as NS2

The videos I have made are just one of many avenues for people to learn, to give them to knowledge they need to not get stomped as easily and one day become a contender.
    It isn't a solution to rookies getting stomped, but it plants to seeds to help reduce it, and increase player retention.

That is the effort I made to make positive change instead of bickering a endless topic on a forum.

I beg you, please make a post that we can all read next time.
    I know the gameland's dialect well.

Basicly he says :
    I am disappointed in you ISE, you help (new) people with video's but now you are 'famous' you act like 'royalty'.
    *sigh*

orbitalshape the new coolitic?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    *sigh*

Cooltic can't be replaced. :)
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    james888 wrote: »
    *sigh*

Cooltic can't be replaced. :)

Cooltic replaced Xao though

*sigh*

I like how people were (trying) to take him seriously in the first place
    edited April 2014
    This is how I interpreted his post:
    "Cancer are no lifers on this forums , that make your videos useless with noobstomping.

Everyone on the forums are no-lifers and are the cancer (of the community?) Because they are noob stomping, therefore ISE's videos are useless or not doing enough to counter it
    Noob say, hm find this video maybe will help me, ah crap it is not working, i will dislike video, and delete game , was cheap anyway, so how can be good ?
    ''Pro'' say oh i .... them up , grrrr im beast.

New players discover the videos ISe made thinking it will help them, but it doesn't work. So then they dislike the video and delete the game, reassuring themselves that the game was cheap anyways and therefore it is a bad game. Players who believe themselves to be pro like to display their dominance through manly phrases
    It is very strange how some1 who spend so much time makeing videos to help mans, can fall and take miror image of dark ages bourgeoisie, outdated set of belifs,

ISE, you spend so much time making videos to help people, yet you ... (oh boy) ...do the opposite, something something Monty Python and the Holy Grail ... with your old ways of thinking
    Mans in this video never help any1 but them self, but u are , so that made me wonder are all mans created evil? But u see that when they gain power, or think they gained it , like u cuz u made all this videos that i vatched all , or RO who i have friend list becoz of REDDOG, and somehow they still think , that few leters of some1 post will change more than topic it self.

In the example video I posted, the people never help anyone but themselves, but you are, ISE. So that made me wonder, is everyone evil? Because when people gain power, or think they have gained it, such as ISE who made all those videos that I have watched or RO who I am friends on steam though REDDOG. Somehow these people think that a few letters in a post will change anything regarding this topic.

Let me know if I got that right.

I am not sure if he's trying to slander my name and calling me evil or acknowledging my efforts, or not doing enough to fix "noob stomping" of which I couldn't possibly fix myself.
  • RunkiRunki Helsingborg, Sweden Join Date: 2012-12-02 Member: 173929Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Laosh'Ra wrote: »
    tova, you could teach rookies how to kickvote if a particular player annoys them too much. even if the vote fails, a significant amount of "yes" might get that person thinking at least.

I have been votekicked several times for being "too good" or "not wanting to gorge rush" or "not wanting to save for onos rush since we got 7 our of 9 rts". If a vote fails the first time it should not be allowed again.
  • SpaSpa Join Date: 2013-05-20 Member: 185301Members
    It's like reading Jaro *ahem* "the legend" posts but longer.

ISE YOU EVIL BCOS I DIE TO BCOS BITER LERK SKULK KILL....PEW...PEW...PEW. HATE YOU ELISTEST NOOB
    Pff, you just can't handle my...mirror image of dark ages bourgeoisie, outdated set of beliefs.
  • Goliath VietnamGoliath Vietnam Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 178080Members
    Visit NS2 UWE forums
    "oh, a thread about new players gettting owned"

1/Read the firts comment
    2/Pull down to last comment

>>>> Its a Mad Kid who play fast pace action FPS like Call of Duty , not listen to comander , not defend extractor
    Or He think rambo style fit this RTS +FPS game :)
    Players who believe themselves to be pro like to display their dominance through manly phrases

Indeed, inspired my new and 1st signature slogan!