What is releasing in 27 days? Speculation thread

Comments

• Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    edited March 2014
    Racer1 wrote: »
    Dictator93 wrote: »
    It would be great to see a blog post detailing plans like the old days...
    Unfortunately, I think people going bat sh** crazy mad when releases got delayed or features got dropped (from what was talked up in the blog posts), has kind of put a damper on UWE openness. To bad, really...I enjoyed those posts as well.

Not really, this isn't a new practice by UWE by any means. It's pretty much how they've always done it.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    I obviously agree that more information on the state of ns2 development should occur.
    But i feel like that can occur alongside surprises and teases as well.
    Just look how well that one teasing eclipse video was received.

And while I agree that Hugh probably knew the risk that hype may occur from such a picture, (and therefore shouldn't have risked a date) it is still up to the community how to act and respond to it.
    There's no relieving that responsibility - from either side of the fence, Imo.
  • InnotaInnota Belgium Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17118Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    still not any reveal? maybe it was really ns2D... xD
  • SnXSnX Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180145Members, Reinforced - Gold
    IronHorse wrote: »
    And while I agree that Hugh probably knew the risk that hype may occur from such a picture, (and therefore shouldn't have risked a date) it is still up to the community how to act and respond to it.

Stop blaming the community they are the ones that are keeping this game alive in the first place. Just admit that UWE (or Hugh) shouldn't have teased on twitter. People are disappointed and that's it end of story.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2014
    it is still up to the community how to act and respond to it.

It's a little ridiculous to expect people not to be upset. Yeah it's up to us to decide how we act, but it's up to UWE to not put out misleading information. Posting a date from an official twitter account, having 3 UWE staff post on the first page of the thread ("Hint: It's not SN related.") , and then going radio silent when the date comes and goes? Yeah that's not something that the community is gonna rally behind and support.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Jekt wrote: »
    It's a little ridiculous to be a fan of UWEs work and expect a due date to actually mean anything.

you're unfortunately very right.
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    it is still up to the community how to act and respond to it.
    Most people have responded by losing their interest towards UWE and the game. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. It really is simple as that.

The especially nasty thing about the mess is that every time something goes bonkers like this, it hurts most on the people who genuinely are excited and care about the game and as a result it keeps shrinking that pool of potential community contributors.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2014
    Ohh, maybe they are going to open source the Toolset, so someone can finally make it easy for modders to do stuff other than change code :D

Edit: I don't think the hype in this thread by the community was ever anything other than tongue in cheek? I certainly never mean't any more than that...
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2014
    There's no relieving that responsibility - from either side of the fence, Imo.

That is like blaming the scorpion for stinging the frog. Its not complicated to figure out how forums will react to many things.

That said I'm glad hugh posted saying the deadline wasn't going to be met. Considering how little information forum goers get now any information is very much welcome information. Also the worst part about all this is that skulk sounds, alien structures not flashing and mineshaft being 100% broken is going to last even longer now :(

• meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I dont care if it's past the deadline, just tell me what it is so I can decide whether or not I care already!
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I am actually amazed a thread purely about speculation has gone on for 8 pages and ultimately turned into a uwe-frustration thread. lol Well done people.

On that note... Hugh has always super-hyped everything. Just expect some sort of patch with fixes and/or content and be happy. It will come out eventually.
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    joshhh wrote: »
    I am actually amazed a thread purely about speculation has gone on for 8 pages and ultimately turned into a uwe-frustration thread. lol Well done people.

On that note... Hugh has always super-hyped everything. Just expect some sort of patch with fixes and/or content and be happy. It will come out eventually.

:D

What happens if the patch is actually some sort of paid DLC?
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Tip for all: Never have expectations. You'll never be let down! ;P
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    If I dont find out soon I'm going to shave WasabiOne's moustache off and mail it to Hugh, hair by hair.

Well thats the strangest threat ive ever heard in my life.
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    If I dont find out soon I'm going to shave WasabiOne's moustache off and mail it to Hugh, hair by hair.

Thats precisely what Hugh wants you to do. He will then take the strands and sell them as part of the new gorge tier. Ever wonder why the gorge plush neve happened? The body can only be woven from the finest silky strands of WasabiOnes stache. You fool, can't you see you're falling right into his trap!
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Wasabi is a scary man. I wouldn't try that even with excessive amounts of alcohol.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver

Thats precisely what Hugh wants you to do. He will then take the strands and sell them as part of the new gorge tier. Ever wonder why the gorge plush neve happened? The body can only be woven from the finest silky strands of WasabiOnes stache. You fool, can't you see you're falling right into his trap!

No, he's planning to incorporate every single hair into his new Evil Beard Of Doom™, which is made up of unfortunate caster's beards who are slowly integrated into it until they perfectly fit on to Hugh's face and can be used as a shield for atmospheric re-entry (dammit, Hugh, I told you you need more boosters).
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    "It's a little ridiculous to be a fan of UWEs work and expect a due date to actually mean anything. "

Agreed - hush up and play, ya'll.
    edited March 2014
    "It's a little ridiculous to be a fan of UWEs work and expect a due date to actually mean anything. "

Agreed - hush up and play, ya'll.

this is the kind of brainless nuthugging that really needs to stop in this community. "Hush up and play, the developers lied about a release date again. You should be grateful."

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    current1y wrote: »
    That is like blaming the scorpion for stinging the frog.
    Yes.. that is exactly what it is! What is so wrong with that? What world is this where accountability for your own personal actions and behavior go out the window??
    You are not forgiven for heinous actions (stinging the frog) because "it's your nature"...

That is akin to suing McDonalds because your coffee was too hot.
    Other parties are not responsible for your own personal actions, they are yours to make - so be accountable for them.
    but it's up to UWE to not put out misleading information.
    the developers lied about a release date again.
    Lol, are you serious??
    This kind of language, where you inaccurately insinuate intentional harm on the part of UWE in order to villanize - really needs to stop in this community.

You know they missed it.. they didn't lie, yet you use that word anyways.
    You know it wasn't actually (or intentionally) misleading information, yet you say it anyways.
    You know such unreasonable reactions will make them less likely to share anything with the community in the future... yet you do it anyways. (selfishly)

Basically, It's disingenuous at best, and downright toxic at worst.
    I don't even want to touch this thread anymore, ugh..
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    It would be great to have more communication and openness about patches and when they're happening and info as soon as we officially decide to delay them. I completely agree with you. I'd love to be able to make that happen. I can't promise anything, but I'm going to see if there's anything I can do.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Thread of the month right here.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow

Coming to your cinema Maybe 2014!

fixed!
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    CCTEE wrote: »

Coming to your cinema Maybe 2014!

fixed!

Fall 2009.