What is releasing in 27 days? Speculation thread

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Benson wrote: »
    *Serious Face*

Free NS2 DLC Game as a standalone platform for all NS2 Mods in order to allow easier access to mods. (Combat/Last Stand/Gorge Race/XenoSwarm/etc.)

Give the man a cookie. He deserves it.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Last stand didn't take off because people couldn't find the concede button :P
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited March 2014
    -- this information has been removed in consensus with ironhorse--

If that's classified information, please don't kill me.

Also, I'm back to the forums. Yay.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't think it would be even in the running for stand alone, but making the faded mod stand alone would be AMAZING. It was my favorite mod when it was still worked properly.
    Where did you go? Things havn't been the same! Not enough sillyness.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    james888 wrote: »
    I don't think it would be even in the running for stand alone, but making the faded mod stand alone would be AMAZING. It was my favorite mod when it was still worked properly.
    Where did you go? Things havn't been the same! Not enough sillyness.

I was... well, not playing ns2... but The Stanley Parable, Space Engineers, SimCity 4, Sanctum, Strike Suit Zero, Strike Suit Infinity and Dishonored. After 530 hours (admitted, not that much compared to some others, but I never played a game that long before) I need a break. But I have to force myself playing at least until my final english exams are over :D
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    My guess is something standalone using Spark by the Faultline Games guys. There have been many tweets and such that would indicate this. But no idea if that's the case or not.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    If it is anything to do with a standalone, it would only be an announcement, I mean, they can't get a game written in that short timeframe..
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    yes they can soul_rider.
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    More then 1 core server performance update?
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    " they can't get a game written in that short timeframe.. "

Didn't they once make 5 games in one week?
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    edited March 2014
    CD121 wrote: »
    I love this game and hate writing this, but I think it's probably something disappointing. I dislike being pessimistic here, but personally I've been let down more than a couple times by these cliffhanger posts and tweets. The hype train ran out of steam quite a while ago (in my opinion) and now there's no momentum left. At this point an announcement with actual content would appeal to me much more.

Of course, I would love so much to be proven wrong...but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

UWE is a fantastic developer but marketing has always been their weakness. The way they make these announcements leaves too much to the imagination and the end reveal is almost always a guaranteed disappointment. Its not necessarily always a matter of the announcement being bad or lacking, but rather because its simply not what people built up in their heads. It seems a lot wiser to leave just enough bread crumbs to steer expectations in the right direction while still leaving enough hidden to keep people excited.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Next week... prepare for the threads...
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I might be wrong, but I found sth while working on a map and I hope you will improve the game before you add new stuff. The last time you added stuff it only led to more memory problems and no real benefit. If it works out though, it's another step towards ns1 and I applaud you. It's in your hands, hate or love.
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    A hotfix to fix mineshaft is all it is guys. don't get to hyped.

calm down
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    nezz wrote: »
    A hotfix to fix mineshaft is all it is guys. don't get to hyped.

calm down

Because it can't be fixed before then apparently.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2014
    Current1y pls...

Your not suppose to confirm what will be in build 277. You signed the NDA remember?
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The Mineshaft thing is confusing me. Samus has created a mod that fixes the map. Why can't UWE just release a hotfix incorporating it?
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    The Mineshaft thing is confusing me. Samus has created a mod that fixes the map. Why can't UWE just release a hotfix incorporating it?

Half wild-guess here, half something that I *think* I heard at one point: doesn't Steam limit or charge for how many updates a game has?
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    LORFCASTER wrote: »
    A complete and accurate true-port of Natural Selection 1 ( ONE ) onto spark ?

PLEASE.
  • orbitalshapeorbitalshape gameland Join Date: 2014-02-03 Member: 193754Members
    Future telling about next few updates, that just awesome way to get informed :)
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Half wild-guess here, half something that I *think* I heard at one point: doesn't Steam limit or charge for how many updates a game has?

Never ever heard of that. Pretty sure it is not true.
  • Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Has it been 27days yet? D:
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Has it been 27days yet? D:

I don't know what time zone you're in, but it can't be more than a day ahead of me, and it is NOT the 26th here... ;)
    Is it making the Exo's work like Titan's? hahahahaha... sorry...
  • SaltlickSaltlick Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177347Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Oculus Rift support
  • orbitalshapeorbitalshape gameland Join Date: 2014-02-03 Member: 193754Members
    Good titanfall was disapontment for most , cuz now we can keep those exo proplayers :) ,now we just need to survive Smite strategic upgrade and aim elements that come out in few days, and UW can give smile on our faces with boxes of marine baced bean lunch packs from year 2123, that can be buyed at armory and restore 10 points of hp per second for 10 seconds :)
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    OK, so unless my maths are wrong (they should not be), we have 1 day until we find out about what is going on/releaseing? Or is that the release date?