Ingame badges and what they stand for?

2»

Comments

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    perso wrote: »
    PoNeH wrote: »
    Badges are so lame.
    As someone who doesn't have any badges, I have to agree.

You have a WC supporter badge :P
  • NX WolfNX Wolf Join Date: 2008-04-04 Member: 64021Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I know the thread is abit old, but i'm wondering how does one go about on obtaining these in-game badges??...
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    NX Wolf wrote: »
    I know the thread is abit old, but i'm wondering how does one go about on obtaining these in-game badges??...

You can claim some by going to: http://hive.naturalselection2.com/log-in

Login with your forum username and password. Thank click on 'redeem badges'. You can then manage any badges you have.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    JT7wF8b.png

This should be the Alpha edition pre-order badge.

Yes I just photoshopped that.

+1 for Alpha badge.
  • KevinKevin Join Date: 2002-12-16 Member: 10907Members
    Hi, I purchased NS2 pre-order (Special Edition) in 2009. Would I get any badges?
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I remember that button.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I almost clicked that button again :D
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    edited March 2014
    wulf wrote: »
    YCER5NF.png

No but isn't eternal gratitude enough?
    and the black armor.

• MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Black armor & lots of builds of the game to play.... ahhhh best gamble Ive had in a long time. Thank you @flayra
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2014
    Eternal gratitude that shows in form of a badge, ohh please make it happen!
    I always thought it's weird that every other donation rewarded, but not the pre-orders.
    There's now also the new commander badge. See link below, next to Squad5 silver. (And the forum banned jail badge :D)

http://hive.naturalselection2.com/template/images/badges.png
  • TarrogTarrog Join Date: 2013-04-06 Member: 184662Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think there's 1 badge missing.
    The same Icon as the commander badge just in red, and the people are telling me "its from the trading cards" I already have SpecOps lvl 5 from the tradingcards.. and I dont have it.

Can someone tell how to get that Badge?
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Its mod run on a specific server. I can't remember which one.
  • GlassesGlasses Join Date: 2010-01-11 Member: 70056Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Would be nice to have some text when pointing at the badge with a mouse in game.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    _INTER_ wrote: »
    I always thought it's weird that every other donation rewarded, but not the pre-orders.
    There's now also the new commander badge. See link below, next to Squad5 silver. (And the forum banned jail badge :D)

okay here's the deal, you get your special pre order badge, and the black armour is opened up as a new Reinforced tier reward. K? :)

• CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Roobubba wrote: »
    _INTER_ wrote: »

okay here's the deal, you get your special pre order badge, and the black armour is opened up as a new Reinforced tier reward. K? :)

Lol that would for sure make an enjoyable forum-thread.
    edited March 2014
    Roobubba wrote: »

I can already feel the r@ge building up... X(
  • MartigenMartigen Australia Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2714Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Reinforced - Onos
    Incidentally, can we please have an official version of 'Main Menu Poses' integrated into NS2's main menu for the next release? (esepcially since this mod no longer works and the author has said they won't update it).

I had a player come up to me today and say 'Cool badge on your shoulder!'.

Is it? I can't see it, have never seen it, and have no way to see it. I've selected my Reinforced goodies in the menu, but ironically, I don't get to see them.

Pretty please? *hands @Flayra Gorge-shaped chocolates. No, wait, that's Gorge-flavoured. Eww!*

Martigen wrote: »
    I had a player come up to me today and say 'Cool badge on your shoulder!'.

Is it? I can't see it, have never seen it, and have no way to see it. I've selected my Reinforced goodies in the menu, but ironically, I don't get to see them.

I do have to admit this is one of the reasons Ive not bought shadow, buying the shoulder badges for other peoples pleasure. I might still crack yet but holding out for Shadow Onos :-?
  • matsomatso Master of Patches Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7000Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, NS2 Community Developer
    Hmm... you can see yourself on round start when the camera moves in on you. If you are lucky, you might catch a glimpse of your shoulderblade. Or you can start your own server and then use "cheats 1; thirdperson" in the console. If you are really desperate to see what you look like.

But yea, NS2 really needs full-length vanity mirrors ... or rather Onos-sized vanity mirrors.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    matso wrote: »
    Hmm... you can see yourself on round start when the camera moves in on you. If you are lucky, you might catch a glimpse of your shoulderblade. Or you can start your own server and then use "cheats 1; thirdperson" in the console. If you are really desperate to see what you look like.

But yea, NS2 really needs full-length vanity mirrors ... or rather Onos-sized vanity mirrors.

The shadow skins yes, but the shoulder badges not really. You can't get a good angle at it, and the view is too far away. I was glad I was able to see them in game on other people though.
  • orbitalshapeorbitalshape gameland Join Date: 2014-02-03 Member: 193754Members