What is releasing in 27 days? Speculation thread

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    *bites lip*

I love reading the wild guesses whenever stuff like this happens.. but you guys aren't going out to left field enough ;)
    tumblr_inline_mrwhqtavEn1qz4rgp.gif

Hungry hungry onos goes stand alone?
    A flash based gorge rag doll game?
    2d ns2 platforming? Where kharra are on one side, marines are on the other?
    LOM! League of MVP's?
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2014
    IronHorse wrote: »
    *bites lip*

I love reading the wild guesses whenever stuff like this happens.. but you guys aren't going out to left field enough ;)
    tumblr_inline_mrwhqtavEn1qz4rgp.gif

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
    Benson wrote: »
    Obviously its the addition of the Hive lifeform.

At 9 Biomass, the Kahmmander BECOMES the hive, crawling around on its tentacles and spawing whips and infestation where ever it goes, stealing the hive skill points of any marine killed by the whips and giving to the Kahmm.

The codename for this lifeform is RookieWhipFarmer.

I am imagining the hive walking down a corridor in Tram like a boss. (Btw, Iron within, Iron without)
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Be forewarned. Whoever permits the awakening of Leviathon must henceforth use the steel of axes to strike it down, or will themselves be consumed by its wrath. - Lurk 12:33
  • BalmarkBalmark Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3476Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Free to play .. so we can test the match making system.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
  • BalmarkBalmark Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3476Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    After the tweet about NVidia giving cards to UWE .. its probably just something like NVidia releasing a profile for NS2 or something equally as useless .. 3D stereoscopic compatibility with NS2 haha .. but as @blarney_stone said .. there's no point getting excited about any 'hype' relating to anything in these forums .. might aswell just wait for the announcement
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    From the drop bear link...
    The Australian Museum has a purportedly serious entry on drop bears in its catalogue of Australian fauna, classifying them as Thylarctos plummetus. The description says they are about the size of a very large dog, have coarse orange fur with dark mottling, have powerful forearms for climbing and attacking prey, and bite using broad powerful premolars rather than canines.

Sounds like a Skulk to me....

If we are not going left-field enough, then what we have all feared has become reality. UWE have finally lost all touch with what NS2 players want and need. They are instead going to give us loads of 'Left-Field' stuff, rather than the straight forward fixes and improvements we want, so we can show this game proudly to our friends, without having to explain:

'ah sorry, yeah, don't use exo's, they aren't as good as they appear',
    'Yeah, I know your computer is way over the minimum specs, but the specs don't reflect what is required to play the game.'
    'Yes, I know the organised play function doesn't work properly, give it time, it will probably be fixed'

and a myriad of other comments that have my friends accusing me of being a NS2 fanboy.

Well, I am, but I get genuinely disapointed when my friends just complain this is a shit game, and they can't see why I bother playing it. They are taking the game at face value, and at face value, it has a lot of problems that need to be solved before we start getting all 'Left-Field' in the updates.

I know it's nearly April, time for the april fools jokes, but a lot of people I have introduced this game to feel it is a joke. Some of them were even NS players, who liked the original game, but can't see past the problems of NS2.

I know it's relative, and I think UWE have done an amazing job with their resources, and produced an amazing game, but to the non-fanboys out there, there is a lot that hinders their basic enjoyment of the game.

Although, ultimately, I guess it's them that are missing out.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited March 2014
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    At the moment there are no plans to work on Discovery, unfortunately.

Benson wrote: »
    If the map itself is not going to be worked on, were there any new assets created for it before the worked stopped?

I sure the mappers would love to get ahold of any new assets they can :D
    There are some assets, yes. We may still have some use for them, though.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for Discovery, although those posts are a whole 3 months old, so they could have changed their minds, but I doubt it.

Do we actually have access to the discovery assets? Haven't seen them in el editore`.
    james888 wrote: »
    2d ns2 platforming? Where kharra are on one side, marines are on the other?
    OMG YES I WOULD PLAY!
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dropbear_(software)

I guess they mean that with Dropbear (this hould mean performance improvement)
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited March 2014
    RadimaX wrote: »
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    RadimaX wrote: »
    if its not DISCOVERY im gonna cry

Cory confirmed that discovery was not being worked on anymore.

What? so they just tossed in eclipse instead of DISCOVERY?!??!?!?!? does it not already have conceptart and music made for it? :(
    Eclipse wasn't exactly just "tossed in." There was an enormous amount of work that went into it in concept art, mapping and prop design. I'm just as bummed as anyone that we won't be seeing Discovery any time soon, but I take exception to the characterization that Eclipse was trivial.
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    Engine change?
    Female aliens?
    Cross dressing gorge?
    Australian live event?
    New "I want ns1 back" map?
    Natural selection 3?
    Micro-transaction hats?
    A new badge?
    A ns2 mod for stand-alone combat?

I must be close?
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    So close, yet so far away.
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    nezz wrote: »
    Engine change?
    Natural selection 3?

I lolled. NS2 isn't even done yet silly!
  • SarvijaakkoSarvijaakko Join Date: 2013-09-08 Member: 188001Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • GeekavengerGeekavenger Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157117Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    3 hour poorly written single player, punctuated by big glitchy set pieces and subtle racism and the addition of a perk and kill streak system and weapon attachments, all unlock-able via booster packs purchased with in game currency and/or real money.

Oh and hats
  • NammNamm Join Date: 2011-12-08 Member: 137116Members
    Racist singleplayer? That must be it!
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sexist racist homophobic single player. You guys are not thinking far enough outside the box. We all know it is hungry hungry onos stand alone. No point in continuing this discussion.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    @Iron_Horse So... has ANYBODY guessed it yet?
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Female gorge. Where DOES she keep all those clogs? @-)
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    Female gorge. Where DOES she keep all those clogs? @-)
    Somewhere in her stomach like the current genderless gorge? That is unless someone makes a new animation with gorges turning around and clogs seemingly ejecting from their nether regions. o.O
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @BeigeAlert‌
    You botched the @ function, i have no space in ma name! ;)

To answer your question: No, surprisingly.
    I'll admit though, It may not be that left field at all... i just love seeing the creative guesses hehe
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    My guess is that it rhymes with smuild poof-lixty door.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    OOooohh silly hat dlc!!! PLLLEEEAAASSSEEE BE SILLY HATS!!!
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    Old Alien Vision.

already in CHUD
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    @Iron_Horse So... has ANYBODY guessed it yet?
    There's a few guesses that are pretty close, but not quite right - similar idea, but not the right details.
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    My guess is something based on "last stand" being released.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    *Serious Face*

Free NS2 DLC Game as a standalone platform for all NS2 Mods in order to allow easier access to mods. (Combat/Last Stand/Gorge Race/XenoSwarm/etc.)
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    well w/e it is I cant wait!