NS2 WC DLC

ChesterTMChesterTM Canada Join Date: 2014-02-15 Member: 194040Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
Hello everyone, I purchased the full World Cup Championship DLC yesterday. When I go into settings in NS2, I can see all the team badges, however.. I never got a globe badge as part of the full package. I'm not sure who I have to contact or what I may have to do to fix it. Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks

Comments

• ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Might be a bug, or maybe the world thing isn't a shoulder emblem maybe it's an actual badge?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Afaik you got the world badge for donating to the event.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    Wait what? Shoulder Pads are only owned via steam dlcs.

Here are the appids you should have in your buy history (https://store.steampowered.com/account/) after buying one of the pads:

Complete Pack + Globe : 280763
    Godar: 274150
    Sauna: 280761
    Snails: 280762
    Titus: 280760

If you don't have the right dlc in your buy history please contact the steam support ;)
  • ChesterTMChesterTM Canada Join Date: 2014-02-15 Member: 194040Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Here's what I purchased....

15 Feb 2014$11.96Purchase
    NS2 - WC14 Godar Emblem, NS2 - WC14 Titus Emblem, NS2 - WC14 Saunamen Emblem, Natural Selection Team DLC 3
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    Here's what I purchased....

15 Feb 2014$11.96Purchase
    NS2 - WC14 Godar Emblem, NS2 - WC14 Titus Emblem, NS2 - WC14 Saunamen Emblem, Natural Selection Team DLC 3

Contact the steam support. http://store.steampowered.com/app/280763/ is including 5 articles you only got 4.

Are you sure you bought the Championship Pack and not every pad each as the pack only cost $9.99?
    Maybe ask the support for refund in your case ;)
  • ChesterTMChesterTM Canada Join Date: 2014-02-15 Member: 194040Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I did purchase it as a whole pack, why it came to $11.96 , i have no idea though
    It's quite frustrating contacting someone about this. Steam sends me to Natural Selection 2 forums here and NS2 sends me to steam. This is crazy. Who can I speak to?
    edited February 2014
    It's quite frustrating contacting someone about this. Steam sends me to Natural Selection 2 forums here and NS2 sends me to steam. This is crazy. Who can I speak to?

This is really a steam store issue and has nothing to do with ns2 directly so far, your issue is that you haven't got the globe dlc but every other dlc.

I don't see any way else we or uwe could help you :(
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hi Chester, from reading this thread it looks to me like you might have purchased all four team DLC items separatly, some how. The reason I believe this is:

- You paid 2.99*4 = 11.96
    - You say you own: "NS2 - WC14 Godar Emblem, NS2 - WC14 Titus Emblem, NS2 - WC14 Saunamen Emblem, Natural Selection Team DLC 3." This list does not include "NS2 - WC14 Championship Pack," which is the Steam 'package' name for the World Championship pack.

I'm very sorry, but again, based on the evidence you've presented I can't make any other inference. I don't know how it could have happened, but it appears somehow that despite your intentions the Championship pack did not make it into your Steam cart.

Please note that after reading this thread, I've gone and corrected 'Natural Selection Team DLC 3' to 'NS2 - WC14 Legendary Snails Emblem' in Steam. This doesn't affect anyones purchases in any way, its simply a naming change to make them consistent.
    well, I guess when I was purchasing it, it got all confusing and I thought I was purchasing the whole package. Oh well
    thanks for your reply
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Since you bought all 4, maybe contact Steam to see if they'd be willing to add the Globe to your pack. After all, you did buy all of them, just maybe misunderstood?
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Seems an oversight that you can buy them separate and not get the bonus... ouch!
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    MuckyMcFly wrote: »
    Seems an oversight that you can buy them separate and not get the bonus... ouch!

Not really an oversight, thats just how steams DLC/package system works. Im pretty sure the OP could just contact steam support and get it sorted however.

• rayzourayzou Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184066Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    _@/'' Cheer for Snails _@/''
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    rayzou wrote: »
    _@/'' Cheer for Snails _@/''
    EVERYBODY IN AMERICA DISAGREE!........:P
  • AconitAconit Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185502Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    Snails : making every opposing team concede since 2013....
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    TBH the surrendering 'joke' about France is both stupid and offensive: the French resistance during World War II showed insane courage in an extreme situation, and the French have had more military success throughout history than any other army on the planet.

And this coming from an English guy who doesn't even speak French.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Ohn hon hohn, hohn jean je le couchon, je le suis je mons dans le pons et le tu c'est une pomme de chien
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Ots wrote: »
    -picture snip-

Napoleon?
    Roobubba wrote: »
    and the French have had more military success throughout history than any other army on the planet.

Source?
    edited February 2014
    the French have had more military success throughout history than any other army on the planet.
    Dude, are you serious?

1. The British had a MUCH larger empire than France could ever imagine. At one point in history, they control every time zone in every hemisphere.

2. The US is the largest superpower in the world. Please post where you got your info.
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Well regardless of the IRL French Military record their competitive NS2 record is pretty damn impressive :p
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    NeXuS wrote: »
    the French have had more military success throughout history than any other army on the planet.
    Dude, are you serious?

1. The British had a MUCH larger empire than France could ever imagine. At one point in history, they control every time zone in every hemisphere.

2. The US is the largest superpower in the world. Please post where you got your info.

I made a mistake: I meant most successful of the *European* military forces. There's a reference here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/qi/8080884/Quite-Interesting-the-QI-cabinet-of-curiosity.html
    And excerpt of that article is here:
    HISTORY
    Which country is the most successful military power in European history?
    France. According to the historian Niall Ferguson, of the 125 major European wars fought since 1495, the French have participated in 50 – more than Austria (47) and England (43). Out of 168 battles fought since 387BC, they have won 109, lost 49 and drawn 10.
    The British tend to be rather selective about the battles they remember. Every English schoolboy was once able to recite the roll call of our glorious wins at Crécy (1346), Poitiers (1356) and Agincourt (1415), but no one’s ever heard of the French victories at Patay (1429) and (especially) at Castillon (1453), where French cannons tore the English apart, winning the Hundred Years War and confirming France as the most powerful military nation in Europe.
    And what about the Duke of Enghien thrashing the Spanish at Rocroi late on in the Thirty Years War in 1643, ending a century of Spanish dominance? Or the siege of Yorktown, Virginia, in 1781, when General Comte de Rochambeau and American forces prevailed? The British always prided themselves on superiority at sea, but knew they could never win a land war on the Continent.
    France’s achievements help to explain another French “military victory”. Whether it is ranks (general, captain, corporal, lieutenant); equipment (lance, mine, bayonet, epaulette, trench); organisation (volunteer, regiment, soldier, barracks) or strategy (army, camouflage, combat, esprit de corps, reconnaissance), the language of warfare is French.

I wouldn't deign to say that the US isn't a superpower, and I certainly wouldn't comment on their excellent military record in recent decades, such as their amazingly successful jaunts into Vietnam, Iraq (twice) and Afghanistan. Don't get me wrong, the British are no better either historically or currently. There are so many wars and battles that we Brits are never even taught about because we lost, including some pretty horrible efforts both in Europe and North America.

The point is, calling the French prone to surrender is both factually incorrect and offensive.
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    @Ots
    This is just the intro, feel free to read the whole thing before you make a fool of yourself again:
    The French
    By Gary Brecher

The new big thing on the web is all these sites with names like "I Hate France," with supposed datelines of French military history, supposedly proving how the French are total cowards.

Well, I'm going to tell you guys something you probably don't want to hear: these sites are total bullshit, the notion that the French are cowards is total bullshit, and anybody who knows anything about European military history knows damn well that over the past thousand years, the French have the most glorious military history in Europe, maybe the world.

Before you send me more of those death threats, let me finish. [...] there are two things I hate more than I hate the French: ignorant fake war buffs, and people who are ungrateful. And when an American mouths off about French military history, he's not just being ignorant, he's being ungrateful. I was raised to think ungrateful people were trash.

When I say ungrateful, I'm talking about the American Revolution. If you're a true American patriot, then this is the war that matters. Hell, most of you probably couldn't name three major battles from it, but try going back to when you read Johnny Tremaine in fourth grade and you might recall a little place called Yorktown, Virginia, where we bottled up Cornwallis's army, forced the Brits' surrender and pretty much won the war.

Well, news flash: "we" didn't win that battle, any more than the Northern Alliance conquered the Taliban. The French army and navy won Yorktown for us. Americans didn't have the materiel or the training to mount a combined operation like that, with naval blockade and land siege. It was the French artillery forces and military engineers who ran the siege, and at sea it was a French admiral, de Grasse, who kicked the shit out of the British navy when they tried to break the siege.

Long before that, in fact as soon as we showed the Brits at Saratoga that we could win once in a while, they started pouring in huge shipments of everything from cannon to uniforms. We'd never have got near Yorktown if it wasn't for massive French aid.
    So how come you bastards don't mention Yorktown in your cheap webpages? I'll tell you why: because you're too ignorant to know about it and too dishonest to mention it if you did.

The thing that gets to me is why Americans hate the French so much when they only did us good and never did us any harm. Like, why not hate the Brits? They're the ones who killed thousands of Americans in the Revolution, and thirty years later they came back and attacked us again. That time around they managed to burn Washington DC to the ground while they were at it. How come you web jerks never mention that?
    Gary Brecher: The French
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Well...

this thread escalated quickly. I blame Ray.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I loved the Asterix the Gaul books :-bd
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    edited February 2014
    Holy christ you lot are making me laugh so much atm. Kudos to Roo&Hamlet, haha.
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    MuckyMcFly wrote: »
    I loved the Asterix the Gaul books :-bd
    One of my childhood favorites, along with Tintin!

• nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    remember australia guys.... you remember us?
  • VengaboyVengaboy The Swamp Join Date: 2013-08-24 Member: 187053Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    Ots wrote: »
    Offensive image joke removed - GISP

I'm no history buff (I don't have a meme to support my claim, sorry) but I think France had one of the most feared armies at one point in time.