Dropship Update (263) Released - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    Not to sure how the skulk change actually was allowed.

But, comparing it to "in reality" is possibly the most stupidest thing I've heard. In comparison I should be able to hear a shotgun blast in shipping from warehouse given that metal on metal is really loud IRL
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    Did fade get a sound increase as well when they walk/land between jumps? Before I had trouble hearing a fade coming but now I can hear them pretty easily, not as loud as a skulk but they don't catch me off guard anymore.
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    shade hive first. /thread
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    edited February 2014
    With regards to skulk sounds, in addition to toning down the sounds, I'd like it if they made jumping sounds (off anything but the floor) and landing sounds (maybe anywhere, but perhaps disclude the floor) to be completely silent (perhaps only if you're holding shift) - but walljumps (i.e. chained jumps) and floor jumps still make a sound. Maybe it already works like that but I doubt it.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    @ZycaR
    Kek, yea. I was just thrown off the multiple use of floor and temp variables.
    Actually they should never calculate time stuff themselfe, there lies evil in it. :D

How about they cut off a leg or two from the skulk model, atleast that'd made it consistent with the crippled beeing Skulks are.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    nezz wrote: »
    Not to sure how the skulk change actually was allowed.

But, comparing it to "in reality" is possibly the most stupidest thing I've heard. In comparison I should be able to hear a shotgun blast in shipping from warehouse given that metal on metal is really loud IRL

dont forget those are nanite-bullets
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    elodea wrote: »
    These skulk sounds are really highlighting the issues with ns2's surround sound code as well. The positioning is all off. Hopefully that will get fixed as well in the process.. (or not most probably)

Silver lining to every cloud blah blah.
    This pretty much, was so weird coming from ns1 to b259 and getting acustomed to the sound difference. Having said that, i don't really mind the current sounds skulks are making..
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    I hope they can fix the sounds & get surround sound actually working properly.
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    From the comments on my server, most people are unhappy with this new patch, not only is docking off the table but basically skulks are too loud and giving some people headaches, lol
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    When has docking ever been on the table ?
  • rayzourayzou Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184066Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I'll go for Snails' emblem !
    rayzou wrote: »
    I'd support Legendary Frogs. But snails? Hell no.

• current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    elodea wrote: »
    These skulk sounds are really highlighting the issues with ns2's surround sound code as well. The positioning is all off. Hopefully that will get fixed as well in the process.. (or not most probably)

Silver lining to every cloud blah blah.

You mean like hearing crevice power go up standing in glass hallway? lol
  • ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
    _INTER_ wrote: »
    @ZycaR
    Kek, yea. I was just thrown off the multiple use of floor and temp variables.
    Actually they should never calculate time stuff themselfe, there lies evil in it. :D

Yeah I know that ... it's hilarious spaghetti code (just look at ... seconds = seconds -minutes * 60 - hours * 3600)
    fortunately this function shows time spend on server (calculate diff. between two state of heartbeats) nothing with real-world datetime :)
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    *sigh* this is as bad as the time the Lerks kept growling :))
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    edited February 2014
    I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but it's getting pretty annoying to look at a server info dialogue of a friend and see a wall of "Unknowns" instead of player names. Will this be hot-fixed soon?
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester

I heard the snails emblem makes you smell funny. Go for the Titus emblem.
    <3
    joshhh wrote: »

I heard the snails emblem makes you smell funny. Go for the Titus emblem.
    <3
    I heard the Titus emblem makes you flash.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    No. No. No... your confusing the Titus emblem with the Golden emblem.

I can see how you would get those mixed up.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    joshhh wrote: »
    No. No. No... your confusing the Titus emblem with the Golden emblem.

I can see how you would get those mixed up.

Wasn't the Golden emblem the one that makes you lose your fade to turrets?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    DarkflameQ wrote: »
    From the comments on my server, most people are unhappy with this new patch, not only is docking off the table but basically skulks are too loud and giving some people headaches, lol
    You do realize I not only posted a link in the thread here, but also sent out a message to all server admins with a link to a fixed Docking...
    You also realize @Mendasp lowered Skulk sounds in cHUD right?

If not, you should get on that ;)
    I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but it's getting pretty annoying to look at a server info dialogue of a friend and see a wall of "Unknowns" instead of player names. Will this be hot-fixed soon?
    This has been mentioned many times in this thread and is on the list of things to fix.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    DarkflameQ wrote: »
    You do realize I not only posted a link in the thread here, but also sent out a message to all server admins with a link to a fixed Docking...

What's wrong with Docking?
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    This patch makes my poor ears go nuts. If in a skulk pack they explode, my poor ears.
    Meanwhile as marine I judge distance position and speed completely wrong to the point that I may aswell throw down my weapon and stare at the ground. I have a better chance to notice the skulk correct like that.

seriously though, skulk sounds are truly bad this patch.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    *sigh* this is as bad as the time the Lerks kept growling :))
    They still do. >_<
    Be idle on the floor, then strafe left and right continuously... enjoy the disgruntled lerk.
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'd like to finally see the option not to mute game sounds while in background/overlay.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    I was ready to complain like hell about the messed up sound when I first played this patch, I couldn't get a single location or direction right, after 4 hours I took my headphones off, and realised I had them on the wrong way round.. :P
    Been there. Done that. Figured it out quicker especially since I didn't have a new patch to blame it on. I would hear a skulk to my left so look left to have a skulk kill me from behind. lol