Dropship Update (263) Released - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Join Date: 2010-11-23 Member: 75218Members
    edited February 2014
    Still unable to even play the game since I bought it.

Still sits on the 'starting local server' screen when doing its optimization or when creating/joining a game.

Still have not found a solution to actually play the game.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    DAOWAce wrote: »
    Still unable to even play the game since I bought it.

Still sits on the 'starting local server' screen when doing its optimization or when creating/joining a game.

Still have not found a solution to actually play the game.

@DAOWAce I see that you have one comment on the forums so far. I do suggest posting your issues on the tech support side of these forums and someone will absolutely try to help you out, really they mostly don't bite. Also, read this http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131384/how-to-make-a-good-tech-support-post

Anyways, awesome and fun update, looking forward to gettin some games in.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    Silent skulks??? I don't understand this, I have never had trouble hearing skulks wall hop. ..

Hope it's not too loud, just because your faster doesn't mean your louder, look at horses, they are WAY smoother/quieter when galloping then trotting or cantering....

• Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    So after playing a bit on pubs, should probably try it in 6v6. But the skulks sound overly loud right now. You can hear them from 2+ rooms away while you're firing a weapon. Skulks that bite things just about have a chance to hear a marine in the same room, let alone before he gets there so you can reposition.

They might have needed to be louder at speed, but right now it seems like it was a bit over the top to me. After playing the last patch where, I honestly didn't find the skulk sound to be an issue.
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    A vote for force even teams is long over due but why must it randomise every player?

Surely balancing out the players with the lowest scores is better, i just see players either not voting for this or if some how it does pass, some of the high scorers will get pissed they were put onto the losing team, also, to disable, would it be as simply as placing:

"voteeventeams": false

In serverconfig.json?
  • bp2008bp2008 Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173581Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Played several games on docking. I like the new vents.

With any luck the game-critical bug will be fixed sooner rather than later. Friday updates, seriously! You guys do this to yourselves, UWE!
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester
    Rover wrote: »
    I mute them ingame to not hear them twice, but would like to still get their menu requests.

Go into Options, Sound, and turn voice volume all the way down :)
  • bp2008bp2008 Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173581Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Oh, also, two questions about the emblems:

1. Since aliens don't have emblems (presumably), do kills as an alien add to the total for each team?
    2. You say "All these Championship Emblems will be available only until a short time after the Grand Final ends on February 22." Does this mean the emblems disappear entirely, or do they just stop being sold?
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited February 2014
    WoZeR wrote: »
    The in game Organized Play is vulnerable to data leakage. The Organized Play browser is nothing more than a website running in a web browser in game. Unencrypted http request sent to gathersws.naturalselection2.com will return the users IP address, steamid, Latitude and Longitude coordinates, and the password to the player's lobby.
    "gatherPassword":""
    "country":""
    "lat":
    "lng":
    "ownerIp":""
    There is also data injection issues: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3296936495388340083/5B2A36B29CE70F1479068F15067267C6AD1B6D82/
    Exposed API tools: http://gathers.naturalselection2.com/api/

Can you please remove the information inside the post
    bp2008 wrote: »

1. Since aliens don't have emblems (presumably), do kills as an alien add to the total for each team?
    2. You say "All these Championship Emblems will be available only until a short time after the Grand Final ends on February 22." Does this mean the emblems disappear entirely, or do they just stop being sold?

Just being sold, you'll keep the emblems
  • RoverRover blargh Join Date: 2003-09-23 Member: 21139Members
    Gibs wrote: »
    Go into Options, Sound, and turn voice volume all the way down :)
    The point of muting them specifically (ingame) is to still hear the other players on my team. I mean with 1 or 2 friends on an entire server/team that I'm also on skype with.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Use mumble or ts3 and a different push to talk key, it's what the rest of us do.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    bp2008 wrote: »

Currently in the code it sends info to hive any time a player kills a player regardless of type. As long as it's not PVE like babbler killed a command station, I'm unsure of the backend side though.
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    As no one really plays in NZ, I tried making a gather, it stuck me on a server in US-east... But that's not important. Why does enter not send a message, why must I move my mouse allllllll the way to the send button?

Pretty petty complaint, but everything else (that I could test) was fine :P

Also go Gondar! Every person I kill, I kill for you. Wish I had money to buy the shoulder decal too :(
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't know what they've done, but my GPU is now constantly 100% utilized and my framerate dropped from 100 to 84 despite using exactly the same settings as before. Not cool, because this means on 32 player servers, i'll be digging into some very low framerate.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    £1.99 for a 7-day gimick? Yes I would have paid like 50p or something for a team emblem, but seriously guys. You refused to go F2P, yet you charge over-the-top F2P prices for in-game stuff. If you are charging for the game, then you can't justifiably charge that much for 7-day gimicks.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    £1.99 for a 7-day gimick? Yes I would have paid like 50p or something for a team emblem, but seriously guys. You refused to go F2P, yet you charge over-the-top F2P prices for in-game stuff. If you are charging for the game, then you can't justifiably charge that much for 7-day gimicks.

gimmick? Lol It's for people who want to support their team and a little support to the devs - Nothing but good fun which you're not forced to get at all - It's not like a moba where you're required to buy all the characters or else you're at a disadvantage or excluded from ranked matches
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    From my understanding, you keep the patches as long as you bought it before the DLC goes off the store after the specified time.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited February 2014
    Rover wrote: »
    >Muting a player will now also mute voice requests (like need ammo / medpack)
    This is great most of the time, but I often comm while playing with friends I have on skype or whatever. I mute them ingame to not hear them twice, but would like to still get their menu requests.

You and your friends can bind skype push-to-talk to the same button you have voice in-game. So when they speak in game, they stop transmitting to skype.
    Point is, skype's push-to-talk just toggel mic state as long as the button is pressed, so if your mic is unmuted, it becomes muted when key is held. Yes, it will be push-not-to-talk button actually.
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    I've been trying to join the organised play, but I can't seem to click on anything. It just says "Socket closed" at the bottom of the browser.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a setting that I need to change on my pc/game options?
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    WoZeR wrote: »
    The in game Organized Play is vulnerable to data leakage. The Organized Play browser is nothing more than a website running in a web browser in game. Unencrypted http request sent to gathersws.naturalselection2.com will return the users IP address, steamid, Latitude and Longitude coordinates, and the password to the player's lobby.
    "gatherPassword": [REDACTED]
    "country":"US"
    "lat": [REDACTED]
    "lng": [REDACTED]
    "ownerIp":" [REDACTED]
    There is also data injection issues: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3296936495388340083/5B2A36B29CE70F1479068F15067267C6AD1B6D82/
    Exposed API tools: http://gathers.naturalselection2.com/api/

[EMOTE]Facepalm![/EMOTE]
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2014
    ezekel wrote: »
    Soul_Rider wrote: »

gimmick? Lol It's for people who want to support their team and a little support to the devs - Nothing but good fun which you're not forced to get at all - It's not like a moba where you're required to buy all the characters or else you're at a disadvantage or excluded from ranked matches

Of course I am not forced to buy it. I WANT to buy it to support a team, but this is only for 7 days until the championships. I don't have a 'team' just wanted to support one for the finals. So it is a 7-day gimmick. However, the price is too much for that.

It's like when I watch the superbowl, I pick a team to support for the bowl. After that my support ends.
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    The new courtyard on Docking. Oh dear lord why.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    So in what build are you gonna fix PETS ON at biodome?
    3jRKF1y.jpg

• lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    RadimaX wrote: »
    3jRKF1y.jpg

Should read "NO PETS". :P

Is anyone else getting only Unknowns when right clicking on a server?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    lwf wrote: »
    RadimaX wrote: »
    3jRKF1y.jpg

Should read "NO PETS". :P

Is anyone else getting only Unknowns when right clicking on a server?

Kinda known issue with new build had that also with the PT version ;)
  • ghabanghaban Join Date: 2004-02-16 Member: 26595Members
    havent tried it yet but thank god for this : "Consistency checking now uses a much faster algorithm which in many cases may decrease loadtimes"

!!
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    It should read "STEP ON" and was included by a quirky TSF sergeant who likes a bit of mince meat with his veggies.
    Kamamura wrote: »
    It should read "STEP ON" and was included by a quirky TSF sergeant who likes a bit of mince meat with his veggies.