Is it not time for the next build soon?

RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
:P cant wait to see what UWE can bring to the table this time...

Comments

• Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    I believe UW is waiting for the tournament to finish before a release is made.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I've heard things floating around the rumor mill and I will be very disappointed if gameplay changes get implemented before the event.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    That would be somewhat unfair. The day after though...if what I've heard is true, GIMME GIMME GIMME.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    hey guys i've also heard things from an insider, allow me to say this so I look in the loop too pls.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Personally i think the patch should release 1 day before the tournament, but I do like to listen to people rage and complain.

All things considered I don't think most would mind some 'refreshing' of the gameplay, but as always with these events any little change is the end of the world, so the easiest and most diplomatic solution is to just wait.
  • Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
    it would atleast be nice to have some bug fixes, such as being able to jump over baby whips/crags when they are still tiny and being built, gameplay changes should wait after the tourny
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    Well if the patch is full of new content and patches, why not just split them?
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    The ammount of teasing about this patch is making me drool a bit.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Benson wrote: »
    The ammount of teasing about this patch is making me drool a bit.

You know the drill @Benson!

12179537056_d3c9d460da_n.jpg
  • DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    Where does one find info on this supposed blessing from the gods.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    SUPER_SARS wrote: »
    Well if the patch is full of new content and patches, why not just split them?
    I'm under the impression that NS2 is a fragile beast, and even modifying one little variable could potentially be enough to cause 5-10 early game fps on high-end computers, with this effect possibly being limited to within the NS2WC games... So it's probably not worth the risk
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2014
    Imho there are two options for uwe atm: Either release the new build this week or after the ns2wc.

I personally would just ask the team captians of the four teams to take a look at 263 and ask them how they think about the new gameplay changes.

If all of them are ok with those there is no real reason to not release it as i think it should be the goal of any company to present their product in the best state avaible at such a big public event.

Overall i think uwe will make the right decission. ;)
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    The tournament is 22.February. Thats basically a month from now. I can't wait a month after all the tease raahhggnnn =P~
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    What changes are incoming?
    Indeed, I feel like I'm being teased about the tease! What fantabulous extras are there?
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    MuckyMcFly wrote: »
    What changes are incoming?
    Daveodeth wrote: »
    Indeed, I feel like I'm being teased about the tease! What fantabulous extras are there?

ur clearly not in the circle but i'll have u know its the greatest thing they've ever done!!!
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is there a secret handshake to get in to this "circle" ? 8->
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Hugh wrote: »
    Build 263 is indeed well advanced. There are various schools of thought floating about with regards to when it should be released. The NS2WC is of course the elephant in the room ;)

I've read the temp changelog and some of the changes WOULD affect the event. I'm having a hard time understanding why a pre-event patch release is even being considered.
  • Ren26Ren26 Join Date: 2013-06-30 Member: 185811Members
    Hamlet wrote: »
    You got to make sure you are sitting on a solid chair that reliably will prevent you from dropping the floor and rolling around in uncontrollable laughter of irony,
    because the 4 very best teams of NS2 players in the whole world are not able to adapt to changes in a game that is (fasten seat belts) called Natural Selection.

How sure are you that this decision is made by those 4teams alone.
    edited January 2014
    You got to make sure you are sitting on a solid chair that reliably will prevent you from dropping the floor and rolling around in uncontrollable laughter of irony,
    because the 4 very best super pro teams in the whole world are not able to adapt to changes in a game that is (fasten seat belts) called Natural Selection,
    despite having almost a full month for familiarization, analysis and preparation.

What a belligerent and naive post. You obviously do not understand what goes into high level play.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Did you get his point / joke i wonder Joshh?
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    You got to make sure you are sitting on a solid chair that will reliably prevent you from dropping the floor and rolling around in uncontrollable laughter of irony,
    because the 4 very best teams in the whole world are not able to adapt to changes in a game that is (fasten seat belts) called Natural Selection,
    despite having almost a full month for familiarization, analysis and preparation.
    I was thinking more about the fact that the games they played to make it to the finals in the first place are no longer valid. They did not get there playing THAT game. If you want to play a tournament, you have to keep everything consistent (if possible) for the duration, otherwise it is going to be unfair on SOMEONE. Who knows, maybe if the group stages were played on that patch instead of this one we'd have a different 4 teams.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would worry more about technical problems, not the ability of the teams to learn (slight) changes in gameplay.
    Would be sad if something stupid goes wrong during live finals..
    CCTEE wrote: »

Joke or not. I have had this conversation with several people and that has been the standard reply. What ghost wrote best describes my feelings on the matter.

Now moving away from the release date topic. The changes will be quite interesting. Without giving away any details... it will (hopefully) change pub play as well.

joshhh wrote: »
    CCTEE wrote: »

Joke or not. I have had this conversation with several people and that has been the standard reply. What ghost wrote best describes my feelings on the matter.

Now moving away from the release date topic. The changes will be quite interesting. Without giving away any details... it will (hopefully) change pub play as well.

Why? WHY!? give away details damnit.