♥NS2♥ Black armour Question

MalphaiMalphai Sweden Join Date: 2014-01-18 Member: 193243Members
Hi,

I preordered NS2 the very first week the game came out to preorder (before they even had alpha testing for the game). But i never got the Black armour you're suppose to get for that. I got the Deluxe armor, but not the black one.
I was wondering who i may contact in order to fix it? or am i doing something wrong?

Comments

• MalphaiMalphai Sweden Join Date: 2014-01-18 Member: 193243Members
    Thank you, i'll try to send them a email on: store@unknownworlds.com.
    Hopefully they can help me out. Thank you for answering my question.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Just so you are aware, you won't get black armor. To get it you needed to preorder it about 2 years before release, not 1 week. Read that thread.
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Just so you are aware, you won't get black armor. To get it you needed to preorder it about 2 years before release, not 1 week. Read that thread.

Yep, unless you ordered before November 2010, no black armor.

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2014
    I don't suppose anyone has a spare key? I'd pay a bit for it. :(
    Since I wasn't around back then sadly.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Those feels when you missed out by a week :(
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    So the bidding for black armor spare key starts at $25
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    So the bidding for black armor spare key starts at $25

29!
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members

Malphai wrote: »
    Hi,

I preordered NS2 the very first week the game came out to preorder (before they even had alpha testing for the game).

But i didnt preorder the game after 2 years. I preordered the game the very first week you could preorder the game at all.
    When they announced that you could preorder the game for the very first time, that's when i bought it.
    The problem is that i got two serial keys when i bought the game, one was the black armour key, and then i got a standard key as well as a bonus. The problem is that in the email i got with the keys, it didnt say which key was what. So i registered the wrong key to my steam account.
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    The problem is that i got two serial keys when i bought the game, one was the black armour key, and then i got a standard key as well as a bonus. The problem is that in the email i got with the keys, it didnt say which key was what. So i registered the wrong key to my steam account.

That would be more of a Steam issue at that point I assume. Provided you still have the key's, you'd have to get the game delisted from your account then re-register the Black Armor Key I assume.

edited January 2014

Hi,

I preordered NS2 the very first week the game came out to preorder (before they even had alpha testing for the game).
    Ah, I misread it. Shame about that then, hopefully steam support can correct it.

EDIT: What happens if you try add the other key to steam btw? Maybe it just adds the black armor as DLC.
  • RautapalliRautapalli Join Date: 2010-07-23 Member: 72710Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014

No, one was the game key and one was for the black armor "DLC". You have to redeem both. Then later on they gave everyone that had pre-ordered the game an extra copy, but that was years later.

Also note that you had to pre-order the special edition (or w/e it was called back then), there were two different editions. Only the special one had black armor.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2014
    The question here what did you pay:

- $19.95 (Standard Edition), I think it was $19 or something :)
    - $39.95 (Special Edition, with Black Armour)

Both version also received the Deluxe armour, the bulky green one with blue visor, if they Pre-Purchased on Steam during the Final Beta phase (2012-09-04 to 2012-10-31)

You would have received a few emails from NS2 Store<store@unknownworlds.com>, Special Edition style:
    2009-05-09, NS2 Special Edition Pre-order

Thanks for pre-ordering the Special Edition of NS2!

Listed below is your game key(s), which you will need to play.

NS2 pre-order Special Edition Key - XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

You will be e-mailed at <your@email.here> when the game is ready for you to download and play. In the meantime, learn more about NS2 and our development process at http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2 .

Thanks for your support!
    2010-04-10, Your license information

Find your NS2 game key(s) listed below:

NS2 pre-order Special Edition Key - XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX registered to YOUR NAME HERE

For more help, please visit our FAQ (http://www.naturalselection2.com/faq) or write to us at community@unknownworlds.com.

2010-05-08, Natural Selection 2 Steam Key

Hello YOUR NAME HERE,

Thank you for pre-ordering Natural Selection 2! Your support has made a huge
    difference for our company and has allowed us to stay independent.

As we get close to the Natural Selection 2 alpha release, we are now
    distributing all of the updates to the tools and engine through Steam. So you
    will need to activate your copy of NS2 on Steam through the following steps:

1. Install Steam from: http://store.steampowered.com/about

2. Run Steam, then go to Games -> "Activate a Product on Steam..."

3. Enter your NS2 Product Code: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

NS2 should now appear in your list of available games. Just double click it to
    download it and updates will be installed automatically. The tools can be
    launched by right clicking on Natural Selection 2 and selecting "Run Launch
    Pad...".

Thanks again for your support!

-The NS2 Team

2010-07-27, Your license information

Find your NS2 game key(s) listed below:

NS2 pre-order Special Edition: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX registered to YOUR NAME HERE
              NS2 Black Armor: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX registered to YOUR NAME HERE

For more help, please visit our FAQ (http://www.naturalselection2.com/faq) or write to us at community@unknownworlds.com.

And there is the https://www.humblebundle.com/ link to your library, which should say:

Widget Purchases

- Natural Selection 2
    - Natural Selection 2 Black Armor
    - Overgrowth Alpha

At the bottom, which are links to the respective keys
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @kouji_San
    OP said he registered the DLC code for Black Armor on the wrong steam account, so i dont think he needs assistance with determining which key for what.. *shrug*

@OP
    That's a steam issue. Please contact them and request they remove that DLC code from your account.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2014
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @kouji_San
    OP said he registered the DLC code for Black Armor on the wrong steam account, so i dont think he needs assistance with determining which key for what.. *shrug*
    12059779785_a02a132f6d.jpg
  • whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    I also still have a "NS2 Preorder Key" and a "Black Armor" key if anyone is interested.

Key is claimed now.
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    whoppaXXL wrote: »
    I also still have a "NS2 Preorder Key" and a "Black Armor" key if anyone is interested.
    :O will trade soul for black armor key

• whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sorry Zinkey! Too late :(
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester

No problem :p, on a more serious note im a bit broke this month anyway so I wouldnt have been able to buy it. Am interested in how much it went for in the end? If you and the buyer dont mind my asking.
  • B3rTB3rT Join Date: 2013-02-14 Member: 183058Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Zinkey wrote: »

No problem :p, on a more serious note im a bit broke this month anyway so I wouldnt have been able to buy it. Am interested in how much it went for in the end? If you and the buyer dont mind my asking.

You are so broke, you don't have a soul anymore? oO
    B3rT wrote: »
    Zinkey wrote: »

You are so broke, you don't have a soul anymore? oO

Long story, was playing poker with the Devil, got carried away.

When you're on that winning streak...