NS2WC Parties

GeekavengerGeekavenger Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157117Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Hey all,

I am planning on having a NS2WC watching party with some friends. Most of them don't play NS2, but I figured I have been to enough super bowl parties not knowing anything about Football, my friends would enjoy getting together having some beer and snacks for an afternoon.

I had 2 questions for the group: Any ideas for NS2 themed party snacks?

and a little more critical, do you think I should prep my friends at all for the games... i.e., I have linked them to NS2 in about a minute video, and the trailer. But should I spend time explaining more of the meta game and how competitive games work or should I just leave that to the commentators/my friends to figure out. Does any one know of a short run down of competitive NS2 matches, like a "How to watch an NS2 Match" type of video?

Comments

• male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyO3JtXztfkK0EeC-vGhtZQ
    Its Super Effective has some great overview/introduction videos. NS2 in under 1 min would be a great one to show your friends.
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    How does someone who plans an NS2 evening for their friends have any... friends? It's just sock puppets with painted-on faces, isn't it? Wanna share some sock puppet pictures?
  • GeekavengerGeekavenger Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157117Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    How does someone who plans an NS2 evening for their friends have any... friends? It's just sock puppets with painted-on faces, isn't it? Wanna share some sock puppet pictures?

Not JUST sock puppets... also stuffed animals... and dol--ACTION FIGURES!!!

Actually I am not sure if my friends will actually show, but I am providing beer, which is a powerful motivator that and several of my friends are willing to turn any competition into an excuse to gamble. We went to the Lumberjack World Championships in Hayward WI (my friend has a cabin there) and it was non stop micro-betting all weekend.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    If they are gamers, but not ns2, let the commentators explain. If they do not game much then you might need to explain.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    NS2 -themed snacks?

Bull testicles... 'Its a khaara hive'

'gorge grill' - lol acualy is pprk