Missing feature from ns1

destroyerjjbgdestroyerjjbg Join Date: 2013-03-01 Member: 183467Members
Electrify, heavy armors, hmg, and onos devour.
should we expect any in future patches?

could add more tactics and strategies, imo.
About heavy armors. Yes there is exos, but not the same i miss those kinda dark vaders models

greets

Comments

• MisterYoonMisterYoon Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155747Members
    I'm pretty sure we don't even need one of them. They even planned to create HA as itself but changed the plan to exo. You can enjoy devour on combat btw, and it's really boring and op like it was on ns2. I heard a new like a half year ago that they have plan to add HMG and i would also like it, however, i think it's no more than giving another choice of weapon rather than shotgun and that means it could cause unbalance again
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Heavy armor and HMG were fuses, onos devour was tried.. well.. yeah and electrify is unlikely to happen. (sadly)
  • Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    onos devour - OP
    Heavy armor and HMG - Exo
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Heavy armor and HMG - Exo

The exo has certainly tried to fill the hole left behind by heavy armour, but the two are nowhere near each other in terms of strategic purpose; HA was a counter against focus and fades, while onos (with devour) was a counter for HA, while jetpacks and HMG were a counter for onos, while fades and focus were a counter against jetpacks etc. This was the one RPS element in NS1 which actually gave you a meaningful choice in terms of countering the arsenal of the opposing team. The exo, however, has no distinctive role, and remains nothing but a shallow gimmick that doesn't really counter anything and has no real counter.

• meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    ^ Frankly I just think exos are downright awful. I actively do my best to make sure my commander doesn't research them.
    It's a huge res sink for marines that will most likely lose them within minutes, plus pretty much anything exos can do can be done 5x faster and with less expenditure by jetpack marines. They're a neat little gimmick to buy if your team is taking too long to get their asses together and kill a hive.
  • DraptorDraptor Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183721Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I avoid researching them as well. Too many people think they are giant invincible battlemechs from other games, and try to use them that way. They don't stop to think that a single skilled skulk can kill you one on one. The thought process just becomes SPINNYGUNNNNSSSS. Combine that with 80% of the team dropping exo at the same time thinking that MACs can keep them alive and you have yourself a bad situation.

What's really sad are the folks who won't buy a shotgun when the team is getting wrecked by a fade because they're saving for a dualie they will never get to see.