Caster request

RisingSunRisingSun RisingCalifornia Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28015Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
Not sure where this goes but i'll just throw it out there.

Can the Caster not reference other match results while casting? Not everyone is as current and some people like to catch the recorded match but dont know the order in which to watch them in.

Case in point: iMagine vs Saunamen. I downloaded this off twitch and enjoyed every second while eating dinner, desert, and my midnight snack (long long match.) I was also really interested in seeing the Ascension match but the score was said and being 4-0 i had no interest in watching.

Now i know speculation is fun and talking about the bracket is a must but can we make the beginning and end of the match the time for this? I generally skip all that content when watching a prerecorded stream. Live events are a different animal and i have no idea how to prevent spoilers. I'm sure our awesome casters can come up with something. Maybe leave the current "Round" or "Week" talk for the end so i can close my window =D Thank you in advance.

Comments

• RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I personally don't have a problem with commentators spoiling results but I can see why some people do. However, if you watched shows like GSL you might notice that they do a recap from time to time on who has made it through the bracket so far, who went to ro16, ro8, etc. Spoilers are pretty hard to avoid honestly, you should expect them when watching a related vod.
  • RisingSunRisingSun Rising California Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28015Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Im not asking for 0 spoilers but give people a day or so to catch up on matches. Talking about last weeks matches would be fine.
  • Ren26Ren26 Join Date: 2013-06-30 Member: 185811Members
    Reddogtv how could you do this! Lol he was gonna watch my cast and now NO
    Haha
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Ren26 wrote: »
    Reddogtv how could you do this! Lol he was gonna watch my cast and now NO
    Haha

muhahaha! My plan is complete! :D
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    thanks for the tip rising... also you really should watch Ren26's cast even though it was a 4-0 I really enjoyed the commentary and there are a couple decent games.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited January 2014
    Even though you may know the result of a match, there is still much you can learn from watching top teams playing against each other, especially when you have knowledgeable casters like RedDog, Wasabi, Blind, and Ren commentating live.
  • Ren26Ren26 Join Date: 2013-06-30 Member: 185811Members
    This Ren guy sounds really handsome.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    That Seb guy though... Idk about him.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    Oh man I haven't seen the Ascension game yet and you just spoiled it!
    Not even kidding > : - (
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members

Lots of flags raised about that Seb guy still.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    This sars guys, i hear he is from Texas? have to watch him with both eyes O_O
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    There were quite a few people who chose to watch Saunamen vs iMagine first, people who were at the map SCC playtest last Sunday for Example, quite a few of them were a little disapointed by the spoiler :D

Because I watched Sauna/iMag live, I didn't watch the Godar/Ascension game until yesterday, and instead of watching the casted version (Sorry Ren), I ended up waztching Eissfeldts stream of the game, that was brilliant fun :D It even carries the Godar team chat :D
  • RisingSunRisingSun Rising California Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28015Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    WasabiOne wrote: »
    thanks for the tip rising... also you really should watch Ren26's cast even though it was a 4-0 I really enjoyed the commentary and there are a couple decent games.

It wasn't a tip, it was a "request". I don't watch games for the commentary since we don't get to pick and choose our casters for what game and would watch the game muted for at least 2 casters i know of, but it is too disorientating since the camera can't be everywhere, though I generally "get" what's going on. (unless it's blind or a player from competitive play. @RedDog is an exception since he adds excitement and i love his always positive attitude. He mostly has 0 bias and he is fun to watch get worked up. My wife doesn't watch NS2 but knows his voice and shakes her head saying "Are you watching RedDog again?" haha.)

I also, again generally, can't stand the camera work from certain camera men. I'm not saying i can do a better job and it's probably rough trying to catch everyone/staying aware/monitoring chat bans. I wish there was a way to get FPS views in crucial moments catching all the important action, even if i had to watch something an hour or day after the match has completed (in a no spoiler world). Live is fun but a polished edited match would be way better imo.

@Soul_rider I didn't know this existed 0_o Now that IS worth a watch. I am always trying to improve my own competitive game and high level decision making is exactly what i need to work on.
    Roobubba wrote: »
    Oh man I haven't seen the Ascension game yet and you just spoiled it!
    Not even kidding > : - (
    Sorry bud ;) Welcome to my world, but in all fairness it has been almost a full week since the game. It was ruined for me before i had a chance to find Ren's stream. I was just lucky to watch the Titus game first. If only there was a site out there that had a competitive VOD section which feature a chronological order that has 0 scores, 1 complete file, and hides rounds/time played.

All in all, thank you to those who do cast or new people who make attempts. Bottom line is to get the games actions casted, recorded, and disseminated to all. Without your efforts we would only have stats to look at. Just please be mindful of spoilers =D

*side note* Thank you @casan0vax for your predictions. Your insight into some of the lower divisions makes some matches worth watching, <3 the casts too.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

I'm still waiting for that cooking show.
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    RisingSun wrote: »
    *side note* Thank you @casan0vax for your predictions. Your insight into some of the lower divisions makes some matches worth watching, <3 the casts too.
    Thanks for enjoying :) I got involved because I wanted to, not for any rewards or accolades. Unfortunately, real life has reared its ugly head so I've had to take a step back from NS2. Maybe someday I'll come back as a caster again (if the game is even still around), but not any time soon :(