Server going back to vanilla every map change

DystoDysto Join Date: 2007-10-05 Member: 62545Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 45
So, exactly what my topic says. I don't understand why my server is reverting to vanilla. I have three mods installed currently, but the amount of mods or which ones does not matter. It always reverts...

I have the mod ids in the mapcycle, and in the command line. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,831 admin
    Can you post your mapcycle.json pls? Maybe its just some syntax issue.
    Developer, Modder and Server Admin of Survival of the Fattest - Ingame Nick: Ghoul
  • DystoDysto Join Date: 2007-10-05 Member: 62545Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 45
    edited January 2014
    here, and thank you for responding*

{
    "time": 30,
    "mode": "random",
    "mods": [ "706d242, c883d45, c3ae4b0" ]`
    "maps":
    [
    "ns2_summit",
    "ns2_mineshaft",
    "ns2_tram",
    "ns2_veil",
    "ns2_docking",
    "ns2_tanith",
    "ns2_eclispe"
    ]
    }
  • DystoDysto Join Date: 2007-10-05 Member: 62545Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 45
    I see the issue...Thanks for the help
    And I lied, still not loading mods:
    {
    "mods": [ "706d242,c883d45,c3ae4b0" ],
    "maps":
    [
    "ns2_summit",
    "ns2_mineshaft",
    "ns2_tram",
    "ns2_veil",
    "ns2_docking",
    "ns2_eclispe"
    ]
    }
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,831 admin
    edited January 2014
    Hi sry for late answer, but the syntax of your mapcycle is incorrect. You can check json syntax with http://jsonlint.com/ yourself in the future ;)

Your mapcycle would be correctly this:
    {
        "mods": [
            "706d242",
            "c883d45",
            "c3ae4b0"
        ],
        "maps": [
            "ns2_summit",
            "ns2_mineshaft",
            "ns2_tram",
            "ns2_veil",
            "ns2_docking",
            "ns2_eclipse"
        ]
    }

Also a little extra, look at my mapcycle (https://gist.github.com/BrightPaul/01a90412eff275ca39fa) and see how i added all the custom maps. By this way map mods get only loaded with the given map and not every time.
    Developer, Modder and Server Admin of Survival of the Fattest - Ingame Nick: Ghoul
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for the help!

Can you explain
    By this way map mods get only loaded with the given map and not every time.
    in a different way? I'm confusd on how this effects it? Just a fail-safe? Or does it improve performance?

Edit* Oh, I see, so you are saying not to put map mods in the "mods" section, only in the map rotation, right?
    Dysto wrote: »
    Thank you for the help!

Can you explain
    By this way map mods get only loaded with the given map and not every time.
    in a different way? I'm confusd on how this effects it? Just a fail-safe? Or does it improve performance?

Edit* Oh, I see, so you are saying not to put map mods in the "mods" section, only in the map rotation, right?

Exactly, it's just a better way to do it so your users only have to download the maps if they get really loaded by the server.
    Makes sense, thanks again for the help.