11 years passed... seriously!?

CobyCoby Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8210Members
Holy crappers, 11 years since joining this community and the first time logging in since '05, I had to make a post to reach out and see if any of the old crew still hang around, people like Fangs, Lerky, Kyliegirl, SSJ-Rene, CplDavis and shitloads of others. Another special shout out to any NSRadio contributers! Man, the stories and experiences shared here a decade ago, can't believe it is all still here... seems like a good time to start again!

Comments

• AldarisAldaris Join Date: 2002-03-25 Member: 351Members, Constellation
    I can't say I've seen those names post in quite some time. There is the occasional old schooler posting, but it's not what it used to be sadly.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    KylieGirl is still here I think.
  • Sub_zer0Sub_zer0 Join Date: 2004-05-09 Member: 28569Members
    Off-topic does seem a bit on the quiet side compared to what it used to be, time does go quickly though huh..
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Welcome to the future, we still don't have flying cars or hoverboards though :-S
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2014
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Welcome to the future, we still don't have flying cars or hoverboards though :-S

But we do have bendable TV screens. Close enough.

Some of the NS Radio stuff is online still. One day I should make downloads for it all.
    edited January 2014
    Flying cars and hoverboards are next year.

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2014
    Aldaris wrote: »
    Flying cars and hoverboards are next year.
    Nah they just went there, didn't the movie imply somewhere that hoverboards at least should've been in stores since 2013 :(
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Align wrote: »
    yo what's up
    This, I always hear this in his voice :D
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    OMG
    SO MANY OLDE PEOPLE! RUN AWAY!
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    edited January 2014
    Makes me wish I could remember how to log into my old account /:)
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    what is this how do i even
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Makes me wish I could remember how to log into my old account /:)
    I wish i knew how to log into my dads old account (i used it at the time) but i can't remember it's name nor its password nor what email he used at the time. D:
  • SpoogeSpooge Thunderbolt missile in your cheerios Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 67Members
    Aldaris wrote: »
    Flying cars and hoverboards are next year "SOON".

Seems this is a thread for the old school. We should be using the old school jokes.

Mostly this thread could use a little MonsE and Nem0 but I suppose that's not likely to happen.

Anyways, yep, still here.
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    Bring out the Scorpians!
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Makes me wish I wasn't 13 and got my old account banned :*(
    edited January 2014
    Bring out the Scorpians!
    WHY! I hope you're happy with your nightmares now!
    scorpion.gif
  • Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Members
    Halloween 2002. I bought a new PC that day ... And I stayed the whole night just WAITING for the game.

Hah, the nostalgia :( NS really was the best game I've ever played! I'm not even sure how exactly it all ended. I'm not even sure why I never really got into NS2 neither ...
    Halloween 2002. I bought a new PC that day ... And I stayed the whole night just WAITING for the game.

Hah, the nostalgia :( NS really was the best game I've ever played! I'm not even sure how exactly it all ended. I'm not even sure why I never really got into NS2 neither ...
    That's what's so weird. It's been so long since my NS starting and ending times that I can't even remember how I heard about it (especially so early compared to other people) and when I eventually stopped playing. I also don't understand why I haven't got into NS2. I used to be able to play NS all day. I try NS2 and there's nothing screaming at me that it's a horrible experience, but I only play a round or 2 before doing something else.

• XythXyth Avatar Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22312Members
    I played NS for the first time at an internet Cafe before I had my own computer.
    NS2 is cool and beautiful but it's not fast/dynamic enough to satisfy my urges these days.

Bring out the Scorpians!
    scorpion.gif
    Someone put wings on that, my nightmars aren't complete.

AurOn2 wrote: »
    Bring out the Scorpians!
    scorpion.gif
    Someone put wings on that, my nightmars aren't complete.

That is the original "hovaring scorpian" by smartbomb though
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Hovaring Without Flapping
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    In joke.

--Scythe--
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    How do I shot web?
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nazo wrote: »
    How do I shot web?

Through the magic of the way back machine you can find out from the original manual/fronteirsmen new recruit primer thing: http://web.archive.org/web/20031005110143/http://www.natural-selection.org/manual/introduction.html

Also, random nostalgia:

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23688
    Feel like such a newbie having only joined in 2003.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    The key was to never leave for dinner. Kept the team together.