AoE Damage Reduction for Shade Drifter Ability & Ink

MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
edited December 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
The basic idea is to redesign Ink so that instead of hiding structures from ARCs, it'd cause the blasts of ARCs, grenades and GLs affect a much smaller area. Perhaps with some cool looking implosion effect replacing the normal blast effects.

This would change Ink from a hard counter to ARC sieges to a general soft-counter of all siege weapons. So, in an ARC siege, the hive would still take full damage, but almost all of the structures around it wouldn't take any damage.

Oh and make this version of Ink the Shade Hive drifter ability.

Comments

• Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    Isn't this what umbra does except for everything? Two things for a similar role..

Doesn't sound to bad, but one can simply make halluncation better, i.e. allow to hallucinate anything (not bound to existing stuff either)?
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Was in a game yesterday, late game onos-armies vs packs of exo's. Hallucination was really good for pushing the marines.
    I prefer keeping it one form or another.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Omega_K2 wrote: »
    Isn't this what umbra does except for everything? Two things for a similar role..

Similar, but they don't overlap.
    Umbra reduces all damage taken.
    This Ink reduces the radius of all marine AoE effects (it just occurred to me that this could also reduce the radius of a scan), without affecting damage.

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Umbra blocks bullets, as far as i know it doesnt affect arks and gelols?
    seems like a perfectly solid idea, maybe we can employ the ever so useful @sewlek to try it out?