Mic stops working as commander

SaltlickSaltlick Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177347Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Hey folks. I have a USB mic set as default device, and it works perfectly when I'm playing as a soldier or alien. However, when I enter a command chair or hive suddenly no one can hear me. It's really a bummer because the influx of newbies really requires a commander who can talk and teach. Has anyone else run into this issue? Any solutions? Thanks.

Comments

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    That is super weird.
  • t0net0ne Join Date: 2012-07-15 Member: 154142Members
    I just started experiencing this exact issue. I've always been able to use the mic while in command, and just noticed this happening with build 261.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    Checked that you use the right key, commander binding differ from default bindings if not set so by user.

Also in future you may want to open a new thread because this one is pretty old.
  • t0net0ne Join Date: 2012-07-15 Member: 154142Members
    yes I am using the right key. what kind of question is that? as soon as I get out of the hive/chair, pressing my binding for my voice chat works.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Have you looked in the options
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    t0ne wrote: »
    yes I am using the right key. what kind of question is that? as soon as I get out of the hive/chair, pressing my binding for my voice chat works.

After build 261 commander bindings got integrated, everybody needed to update their voice chat key since you can (I think) have a separate key for it while comming now. I had to do this as well after not being able to use it as comm.

• AiorosAioros Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14850Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    i use the same key as commander ingame mic and player mic ... doesnt work as commander anymore.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Go into the Commander tab in your options and change it to what you want.