Ingame badges and what they stand for?

SnXSnX Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180145Members, Reinforced - Gold
Just curious if there is an overview of all currently used badges ingame and what they represent.
Is there an overview available somewhere? And I don't only mean the Reinforced ones...

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2015
    Just look into ns2/ui/badges to see them all:

VjvUCKi.png

Descriptions ( after order top to button ) :

1.CDT Dev
    Info: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/134843/announcing-the-community-development-team-build-266-and-possibly-beyond

2. Constellation NS1 Donation Programm (kinda donations for ns2)

3. Retired UWE Dev
    4. UWE Dev

5. Red Wrench unused (used by some servers to mark admins and by ensl to mark referees via badge mod but official unused)

6. Map testers
    7. NS1 Playtester
    8. NS2 Playtester

8. Marine unused
    9. Clawmark unused

10. Reinforcement Diamond
    11. Reinforcement Game Director
    12. Reinforcement Gold
    13. Reinforcement Insider
    14. Reinforcement Onos
    15. Reinforcement Shadow
    16. Reinforcement Silver
    17. Reinforcement Blue
    For more Infos about the Reinforcement Programm look here: https://web.archive.org/web/20141026160226/http://www.naturalselection2.com/reinforced/ (archive.org backup as the original site is not avaible anymore)

18. Squad 5 Blue
    19. Squad 5 Gold
    20. Squad 5 Silver
    For infos about squad 5 look at this: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/118047/welcome-to-squad-five/p1

21. Wrench unused (used by some servers to mark admins and by ensl to mark refferees via badge mod but official unused)

22. WC Gold
    23. WC Shadow
    24. WC Silver
    25. WC Supporter
    For more infos about the World Championship Badges look here: http://www.gofundme.com/ns2worldchampionship

An up-to-date list can be also found at the hive: http://hive.naturalselection2.com/badges-list

The Commander badge at hive can be unlocked by playing 10h as commander (time of victorious rounds counts twice)
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited December 2013
    The last one is used, it's NS1 playtester
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    Yeah currently not used are wrench, clawmarks, marine and hughnicorn ;)
  • FAIL_MurdocFAIL_Murdoc Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187257Members, NS2 Playtester, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    I have seen the wrench on a server today and wondered what it was
  • SammyGSammyG England Join Date: 2013-05-07 Member: 185160Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    In terms of NSL servers it is used to show that person has admin powers on that server. Not sure if it is used on other servers but I imagine it would be the same thing.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    JT7wF8b.png

This should be the Alpha edition pre-order badge.

Yes I just photoshopped that.

SpecOps marine.dds could work for that as well, not sure what that's tied to actually...
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I keep telling all the green that I'm UWE investor...
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    xen32 wrote: »
    I keep telling all the green that I'm UWE investor...

Well that's technically right.

If you see any badges that arn't in the post above, then they are custom server badges enabled by that server administration. They can be literally anything, but usually indicate donator/regular/admin status.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    JT7wF8b.pngThis should be the Alpha edition pre-order badge.  Yes I just photoshopped that.

SpecOps marine.dds could work for that as well, not sure what that's tied to actually...

Well for consistency sake, I was thinking if JT7wF8b.png was the Special edition badge, 5uAwnet.png could be the deluxe edition badge.

Weren't most if not all pre-orders bumped up to deluxe edition anyways?

Is8hhlb.png and this could be an example of importing steam badges into the mix. (moar badges.)
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Importing steam badges would be super awesome
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    PoNeH wrote: »
    Badges are so lame.

TqYlmM8.png

You just need some more badges.

This should be enough for a while.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    JT7wF8b.pngThis should be the Alpha edition pre-order badge.  Yes I just photoshopped that.

Weren't most if not all pre-orders bumped up to deluxe edition anyways?

People who pre-purchased before it went on steam all have been upgraded to deluxe regardless of standard/special edition yeah.
  • persoperso Join Date: 2003-02-19 Member: 13740Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    PoNeH wrote: »
    Badges are so lame.
    As someone who doesn't have any badges, I have to agree.
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    You guys omitted the PAX badge, which was handed out as a downloadable DLC if you met the team at said event or received the code from a person who went there. It used to appear to your teammates in-game, hovering in mid-air next to a teammate who had the badge. I don't think this is the case anymore due to it being annoying (obscuring vision) or possibly breaking from updates. Much like the Squad 5 badge, it also allows for some interesting, yet creatively limited, name combinations, such as PAX Fudge or names for elongating the character limit. I hope that I have been helpful regarding this badge in this most informative thread.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    I think the claw marks or the wrench would be great as beta player badges :D

(Just go by activation date on steam, anyone who played a game before the Holloween Release gets the badge!)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    I have the pax badge and it works just fine on the scoreboard like the other badges. But unlike the other badges it doesn't count as one of your three in the hive system, so in effect you can have four badges.

Yes the pax logo is no longer sitting on top of your player model, thank god. The other badges did this for a while too.
    But badges didn't need to be next to your name in game, that was silly and distracting. Idk why people would care what's on the scoreboard, though..
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Idk why people would care what's on the scoreboard, though..
    psKRwOG.png
    edited December 2013
    SammyG wrote: »
    In terms of NSL servers it is used to show that person has admin powers on that server. Not sure if it is used on other servers but I imagine it would be the same thing.

At my servers i gave the wrench to all modder i know, but indeed it's not used by uwe atm. But i heard that it is somehow meant to be for NSL admins. What makes imho no sense at all as there is allready a admin badge in the badge mod by default.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Benson wrote: »
    I think the claw marks or the wrench would be great as beta player badges :D

(Just go by activation date on steam, anyone who played a game before the Holloween Release gets the badge!)
    Pls do uwe, want to have moar badges, if you do, will buy shadowbadge asap. (once i have 75 bucks that i dont have to shove towards school fees)
  • SnXSnX Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180145Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Don't wanne be a bitch but still no answer to my question. So it seems UWE doens'nt have an overview available including a description per badge... Which I find kinda strange if you have over 20+ badges. Add this to the Wiki or something.
    edited December 2013
    SnX wrote: »
    Don't wanne be a bitch but still no answer to my question. So it seems UWE doens'nt have an overview available including a description per badge... Which I find kinda strange if you have over 20+ badges. Add this to the Wiki or something.

Yeah there is no description, so here i go (order after pic in my first post) :

1. Squad 5 Gold
    2. Squad 5 Blue
    3. Squad 5 Silver
    For infos about squad 5 look at this: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/118047/welcome-to-squad-five/p1

4. NS2 Playtester
    5. Clawmark unused
    6. Marine unused
    7. Constilation NS1 Donation Programm (kinda donations for ns2)

8. Retired UWE Dev
    9. UWE Dev

10. Wrench unused

11. NS2 Maptester

12. Reinforcement Blue
    13. Reinforcement Silver
    14. Reinforcement Gold
    15. Reinforcement Shadow
    16. Reinforcement Onus
    17. Reinforcement Insider
    18. Reinforcement Game Director
    For more Infos about the Reinforcement Programm look here: http://www.naturalselection2.com/reinforced/

19. WC Blue
    20. WC Shadow
    21. WC Silver
    22. WC Gold
    For more infos about the World Championship Badges look here: http://www.gofundme.com/ns2worldchampionship

23. NS1 Playtester
  • cpt000cpt000 Join Date: 2013-08-28 Member: 187152Members
    I'd really like to see badges for veteran commanders - a thankless (literally) task. Awarded after 50 net wins in a 90 day period, after which it resets to 30 and they have to earn them again.
  • draktokdraktok Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183156Members
    we should get 2012 badges... and then 2013 badges... etc :)
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    NS2 badges = TF2 hats. That's what they stand for. I like mine in genuine quality.
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    *cough* beta player badges please *cough*
  • duvelduvel Join Date: 2004-02-09 Member: 26318Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    clan badges, they exist?
    not that i need one :)
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Alpha uses got black armour (I'm still mad I barely missed it...), you don't need badges. Beta users don't need badges either you got a free deluxe upgrade.

tldr; pls don't add useless badges