Hitches.

herakl3sherakl3s Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75852Members, Reinforced - Shadow
I got game micro freezes at least 3 to 4 times each rounds especially at the beginning. As soon as a lifeform attacks me etc... I was full of hope seeing the changelog from the last patch but this is still happening on a constant basis.

With the biggest ns competition around the corner i don't want to miss my first spits as i am the top gorge EU.

I did a lil bit of homework and it seems it has to do wich texture pre caching or whatnot.
I'll join the techfile when i'm home.

As a conclusion, this rly is the last major problem slowing my full enjoyment of the game, wich has rly improved these past months! Thanks

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    This is most likely caused by shaders or models loading into RAM slowly, for a number of reasons.

If you have an SSD, try switching NS2 to that. If you dont, try defragging your HardDrive which has your NS2 installation on. Any of those might help.

Also this is in the wrong forum! *Moved*
  • SammyGSammyG England Join Date: 2013-05-07 Member: 185160Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    herakles best mount eu. I am gonna hop on your back while you are hitching! Bahahaha!
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    If you don't have an ssd but you have 16gb+ of ram then you can copy the game onto a ramdrive. Inconvenient you have to do it every reboot, but this should get rid of hitches unless the problem is a bad connection instead.