resources

clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
Will this game have resources like ns2?

Cause i would like to choose between things like:
-oxygen upgrade
-a stronger light
-a fish detector
-a submarine
-a harpoon
-ink cloud defense weapon
-underwater base
-a machine that bottles oxygen from holes in the earth

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    You forgot aliens cough kharra cough to fight.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    Cory hinted at an upgrade style progression system. I imagine you choose what to get from a variety of available options. And you get upgrade points probably for exploration / whatever other tasks there are in the game.
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I really hope i can fight some sea fish :)
  • TwigTwig Australia Join Date: 2013-11-09 Member: 189225Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    clankill3r wrote: »
    I really hope i can fight some sea fish :)

A giant sea dragon RAWR
  • SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer

-oxygen upgrade
    -a stronger light
    -a fish detector
    -a submarine
    -a harpoon
    -underwater base

Those seem like good ideas :)
  • TwigTwig Australia Join Date: 2013-11-09 Member: 189225Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    SteveRock wrote: »

-oxygen upgrade
    -a stronger light
    -a fish detector
    -a submarine
    -a harpoon
    -underwater base

Those seem like good ideas :)

What about a Kraken?
    release-the-kraken-o.gif
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2013
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    It would be awsome that if you have a boat like that, and you know it can go for example till 2km underwater that if you go deeper the glass slowly starts to crack and you could figure out yourself what the max is :)

Also about the exploring, it would be nice that you can put devices on sea creatures. And on some animals this will be easy cause there friendly fish. Other animals will be hard cause they might attack you. It could also be that the fish goes deeper then the device could handle and therefor it breaks. Also a signal lost if your didn't upgrade your TSF observer ;)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    CarNagE1 wrote: »
    jgH5AmW.jpg

You think we can drop that from a helicopter?

Also, that interior looks awesome. I want that ingame!
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    and you know it can go for example till 2km underwater that if you go deeper the glass slowly starts to crack and you could figure out yourself what the max is :)
    Already in the game :)

*adds to facts thread*
  • zbott105zbott105 Join Date: 2017-01-02 Member: 225902Members
  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
    Zbott necroed all the threads...