"Server mod out of date" is a real show stopper at this point.

spongeboburuspongeboburu Join Date: 2013-09-30 Member: 188540Members
Every server that uses Shine Administration (or any Shine related mods, it seems) and NS2Stats will give this error when I try to connect.

It is not fixed by a server restart.
It is not fixed by a map change.

It has been like this for months.

I am on Linux, not that it should matter much since this is a consistency check fail.

Comments

• spongeboburuspongeboburu Join Date: 2013-09-30 Member: 188540Members
    EDIT: my fav servers are now using Shine, de facto perm banning me from playing on them. When can we see a fully working version of NS2 on Linux?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    We need more infos to help you:

On which server does this happen, did you tried to delete the ~/.config/Natural Selection 2 folder, any logs?
    In all servers with shine or ns2stats. I posted a response here with log:
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2169783/#Comment_2169783

Ive tried deleting cache, Workshop and shine folders. Sometimes that works for connecting once, but manually removing and reinstalling the mods is not an acceptable workaround.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    I don't see any issue in that log about the mod, in fact the error is about a missing texture file in your ns2 install folder.
    Indeed. I'm not sure how the consistency/version check is performed (date comparison? version number? checksum?), but obviously the check fails. What are the criteria for having a compatible mod? If I know what the game is looking for maybe I can spot the error in my local Workshop filesystem.
    Indeed. I'm not sure how the consistency/version check is performed (date comparison? version number? checksum?), but obviously the check fails. What are the criteria for having a compatible mod? If I know what the game is looking for maybe I can spot the error in my local Workshop filesystem.

It compares checksums of mod files. Normally this error appears only if client has updated the mod but server hasn't yet.

Right. Although I have tried deleting Workshop (and shine) directory it does not work after the first connect (where you download everything). As of 261, I tried again to delete everything and behold, it seems to work. Not sure if it was the 261 or 260 release that did it, but deleting all DLC did it. It may also be some other weird bug that is still present, but is currently not being shown, because I can now play on servers with the Shine and ns2stats mods.
    Nice to know that, thanks for reply ;)