Ball court... how do you play this game?

xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
Okay, anyone got any clue what this game is all about? Looks much like basketball, but those two moving targets... and yeah, no basket.

2013-11-16_00001.jpg

Comments

• KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited November 2013
    You have to hit each moving target with one of your testicles. 100 percent perfect hit rate required.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    I always imagined it was like an [American] football-hockey hybrid.

Or, its like angry dodgeball where babblers are the balls! (dont get hit, or those little buggers will eat a hole in you!)

Edit: Added national context to avoid confusion about a sport that no one else in the world plays
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    Its a marine game, 2 teams both with 1 gun. You can pass the gun to other teamm8s and you need to shoot both targets within 0,5 sec to score a point. Intercept the other teams gun for easier scoring.

Edit: thank you @Benson for your cultural sensitivity.
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited November 2013
    the basketracks are behind the doors and that is a malfunctioning radar : ( )
    no fun allowed
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    I would love it if the maps had better easter eggs and were more interactive (traps? these mini-games?)

It would make us look at the devs as fun players like us, as right now I view them as people who often dont care about what the players have to say.
    (of course I could be wrong, but thats how I view it)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Idk, but you're not using FXAA and its bugging me
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    IronHorse wrote: »

I wish I could.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The real question is why would a transportation center have a ball court at all
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    The real question is why would a transportation center have a ball court at all

Better than trying to sleep in uncomfortable chairs during those long layovers and constant delays?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    You're all wrong, this is the nitty gritty...

You try and steal the other teams target stand and run off with it to the Onos Bar, first one there gets free drinks
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Benson wrote: »
    Edit: Added national context to avoid confusion about a sport that no one else in the world plays

Lol. Also impressed by you right now, can't help but assume most people (in America) wouldn't even know that. Then again, I've found myself increasingly impressed by random American's that seem to be quite aware of the outside world. Why just this morning some gentlemen informed me that he did in fact know what a cm was when he asked for my sensitivity and I answered as such. I was under the impression everyone in America (except maybe engineers or other scientists?) only knew the imperial system. Which makes me wonder, if they know what metric is why don't they use it when it's clearly much easier to use...
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »

Lol. Also impressed by you right now, can't help but assume most people (in America) wouldn't even know that. Then again, I've found myself increasingly impressed by random American's that seem to be quite aware of the outside world. Why just this morning some gentlemen informed me that he did in fact know what a cm was when he asked for my sensitivity and I answered as such. I was under the impression everyone in America (except maybe engineers or other scientists?) only knew the imperial system. Which makes me wonder, if they know what metric is why don't they use it when it's clearly much easier to use...

Most of us know the metric system as well as the imperial system but it doesn't come as naturally to us since we don't learn it at an early age... but for the most part there's sort of a weird mix here. Like you can find drinks sold in both liters and gallons, for example. No idea why we don't make the switch, as the metric system makes more sense, what with being based on powers of ten instead of totally random numbers.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Back in the 90s, there was a big push to convert everything to metric in the US. President Regan even had many of the traffic signs changed to show KM (along with MPH) speed limits to help people transition. However, it didn't take -- too many people set in their ways, unwilling to move to a better system. Like it or not, in a democratic republic, the majority rules...
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited November 2013

Most of us know the metric system as well as the imperial system but it doesn't come as naturally to us since we don't learn it at an early age... but for the most part there's sort of a weird mix here. Like you can find drinks sold in both liters and gallons, for example. No idea why we don't make the switch, as the metric system makes more sense, what with being based on powers of ten instead of totally random numbers.

Firstly, yeah what's with the random values, 3 feet to a yard, 5280 feet in a mile (until really recently I just assumed it was 1000...stupid metric system). Secondly, this actually surprises me, I (and I'm sure many people outside the US?) really believed you didn't know the metric system even existed lol. I guess that's a bit of ignorance on our part there, whoops. Also what's with Fahrenheit starting at 32 degrees :P (Does 0 actually have any meaning in F? In Celsius it's 0 = freezing point of water, 100 = boiling...).
    Racer1 wrote: »
    Back in the 90s, there was a big push to convert everything to metric in the US. President Regan even had many of the traffic signs changed to show KM (along with MPH) speed limits to help people transition. However, it didn't take -- too many people set in their ways, unwilling to move to a better system. Like it or not, in a democratic republic, the majority rules...

Damn, sorry to hear about that, really hard to speculate whether something like that will ever pass... Maybe if an entirely new generation grows up learning the metric system along side the imperial one.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    I personally can only gauge long distances in meters.. yet when i measure small increments, use inches.
    *Shrug*
    To be fair, even though we never actually use the measurements, the term "a few inches" or some variant are used quite often (when appropriate obviously...). We'd never say "about 5 inches" though, I think it's just a way of saying "a really small amount".
    I just looked it up and 0 in Fahrenheit is the freezing point of brine... because that's totally more important than the freezing point of water
    I just looked it up and 0 in Fahrenheit is the freezing point of brine... because that's totally more important than the freezing point of water

Of brine..haha wtf.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    I personally can only gauge long distances in meters.. yet when i measure small increments, use inches.
    *Shrug*
    Stop being wierd Pony!
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    edited November 2013
    Oh yeah we'll originally 0c was boiling and 100c was freezing they only flipped it after he died... Silly olden time people...

Also all of our rulers have cm on one side and inches on the other... 2.54cm/1inch is a given... Though going from miles to km isn't as fun

1mile * 5280ft/1mile. * 12 in/1ft. * 2.54cm/1inch * 1m/100cm * 1km/1000m =1.6mile/1km.
    I know what 60 mph feels like but have no IDE what 60kmh feels like off hand...
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts

@IronHorse Give us MSAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FXAA doesn't work all that great... infestation acts funny.
    maD_maX_ wrote: »
    Though going from miles to km isn't as fun

1mile * 5280ft/1mile. * 12 in/1ft. * 2.54cm/1inch * 1m/100cm * 1km/1000m =1.6mile/1km.
    I know what 60 mph feels like but have no IDE what 60kmh feels like off hand...

It's actually just 1km = 0.625 miles :P So 100kph is 62.5mph.
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Come on, we all know injecting SMAA is the right thing to do :D
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I actually got to learn both systems back in school. (3 temp systems, celcius, kelvin and F)
    Never need to use them so only metric and celcius stuck. (im eu)

Well I always said americans were weird in many ways, metric included.
    Kelvin is just Celcius + 273 iirc.
    edited November 2013
    Doesn't FXAA have the least amount of performance lost compared to MSAA and SMAA and even all other AA solutions?
    And why can't you use it @xen32 ?

edit: oh man just now looking into SMAA and that looks pretty sweet
    edited November 2013
    Probably an fps reason.

EDIT: Found an image COMPLETELY at random that I thought was totally appropriate to the more relevant discussion in this thread (lol). Laughed pretty hard when I found it.
    imperial_vs__metric_by_nekit1234007-d5p0ou5.png
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited November 2013
    Doesn't FXAA have the least amount of performance lost compared to MSAA and SMAA and even all other AA solutions?
    And why can't you use it @xen32 ?

edit: oh man just now looking into SMAA and that looks pretty sweet

Yes, it is fastest AA solution, but it still impacts fps. And that is the reason - I need every frame my old laptop can give me. I don't get all that good fps post early game.

Edit: I get 5 fps drop with FXAA on, which is 10%.
    edited November 2013

I think most of us 'Mericans are alright, its just our leaders that make us look like [rectal]holes :D

Edited for cencorship
  • DarkOmenDarkOmen Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7148Members
    edited November 2013
    Canada is especially weird. While we officially use metric, imperial is the established convention in construction and baking.

Our buildings and furniture are built on a scale of feet and inches. Our vast landscapes are measured in kilometers (yet outside of cities, our land is divided into exact square miles, so increments of 1.6 km). We bake with cups and tablespoons, yet we buy our liquid groceries in liters. For all scientific purposes, we use the metric system.

Commonly, gallon units of beverage are sold as exactly 3.79 L.

I'm afraid I have nothing on topic to contribute to this discussion.