Unable to start ns2 server on debian

TriguTrigu Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5807Members
Hi ya,

I'm trying to set up a ns2 server using 32-bit debian linux and i've run into a few snags along the way. I've managed to deal with those but here's something that i can't seem to figure the solution.
Running 'steam-runtime/shell.sh server_linux32' command from server install dir doesn't seem to start the server due to 'steam-runtime/shell.sh: line 86: server_linux32: command not found'.

Line 86 in shell.sh points to "$@" but that just leads to more questions rather than an answer.

To recap quickly what i've done:
1. Downloaded NS2 server files via Steamcmd (login, force_install_dir ns2, app_update 4940 validate, exit).
2. Executed command 'steam-runtime/setup.sh --auto-update' from server install dir.
3. Executed command 'steam-runtime/shell.sh server_linux32' from server install dir.

Any suggestions what should i do / what steps i've missed?

I suppose that steps found in http://wiki.unknownworlds.com/ns2/Dedicated_Server#Debian - 'install following packages' are something that i don't need to do since i'm already running 32-bit version of debian?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    try ./server_linux32 or absolute path to the file
  • TriguTrigu Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5807Members
    Nevermind, issue has been resolved.

Workflow goes something like this.
    1. Downloaded NS2 server files via Steamcmd (login, force_install_dir ns2, app_update 4940 validate, exit).
    2. Tried to start the server by using ./server_linux32.
    --> [SERVER] Cannot load libspeex.so
    2. Executed command 'steam-runtime/setup.sh --auto-update' from server install dir.
    3. Executed command 'steam-runtime/shell.sh server_linux32' from server install dir.
    --> steam-runtime/shell.sh: line 86: server_linux32: command not found'.
    4. Installed some of the packages suggested in 'Dedicated server' -wikipage. ( apt-get install libspeex1:i386 libspeexdsp1:i386 libgtk2.0-0:i386 )
    5. Tried to start the server again by using ./server_linux32.
    --> ./server_linux32: /lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by/root/Steam/NS2/ns2/libSpark_Physics.so)
    6. Got rid of the error by following steps in here ( http://wiki.unknownworlds.com/ns2/Dedicated_Server#Debian ).
    7. Tried to start the server for the 3rd time by using ./server_linux32.
    --> Server successfully started.

@Omega_K2 Thanks for help anyways. :)