Strafe Jump Needs To Go!

1111213141517»

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Not released, but I assume they're talking about the BT mod.
  • ZalamaelZalamael Join Date: 2013-08-18 Member: 186949Members
    Meh, here I am, about to join in to the excuse-making fanny-brigade.

The small issue I am having has fuck all to do with strafe jumping. It is the narrow cone attack and the lack of hit feedback. Couple that, with the fact I only have ONE mouse sensitivity, and here I am, PISSED OFF!!!!!
  • piratedavepiratedave Join Date: 2012-03-10 Member: 148561Members
    Zalamael wrote: »

The small issue I am having has fuck all to do with strafe jumping. It is the narrow cone attack and the lack of hit feedback. Couple that, with the fact I only have ONE mouse sensitivity, and here I am, PISSED OFF!!!!!

L2P noob
  • ZalamaelZalamael Join Date: 2013-08-18 Member: 186949Members
    piratedave wrote: »

L2P noob

Hmm, I think I know your mother's sister. She is cute one, without a chubby child :)

• FLuXFLuX Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11633Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    edited October 2013
    We're live, we can officially say strafe jump is gone. Just pretend it never existed folks. :)
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited October 2013
    Or we can miss it for the great mechanic that it was.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   IIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP   
    R::::::::::::::::R  I::::::::IP::::::::::::::::P  
    R::::::RRRRRR:::::R I::::::::IP::::::PPPPPP:::::P 
    RR:::::R     R:::::RII::::::IIPP:::::P     P:::::P
      R::::R     R:::::R  I::::I    P::::P     P:::::P
      R::::R     R:::::R  I::::I    P::::P     P:::::P
      R::::RRRRRR:::::R   I::::I    P::::PPPPPP:::::P 
      R:::::::::::::RR    I::::I    P:::::::::::::PP  
      R::::RRRRRR:::::R   I::::I    P::::PPPPPPPPP    
      R::::R     R:::::R  I::::I    P::::P            
    RR:::::R     R:::::RII::::::IIPP::::::PP          
    R::::::R     R:::::RI::::::::IP::::::::P          
    R::::::R     R:::::RI::::::::IP::::::::P          
    RRRRRRRR     RRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPP

• ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    FLuX wrote: »
    We're live, we can officially say strafe jump is gone. Just pretend it never existed folks. :)

Was it fixed in patch?
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    Now to watch the strafe jump thread, as people pretend that they're suddenly good at the game and can land bites. Biggest difference to skulk vs marine gameplay is going to be the improved collision system.

Having tested it in the BT mod, no longer do skulks stiffly crawl when strafing at the marines feet, or do you lose all your speed and 'bounce' off a running a marine. These are the true problems of skulk vs marine combat, I think the removal of the very minimal strafe jump boost will prove that to people.
    I think next to performance the biggest failing of this game was the collision system (not taking to account any changes since yesterday). So hopefully it works well now.

Also yeah...time for people to start misinterpreting fixed collision as strafe jump nerf being the problem.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    There's no collision improvements in this patch. It's just in the BT.
    Oh, in that case, it's time to see a thread where as you said, people pretend it made a difference and now that this injustice is gone they're fkin pro mlg 360 headbite sith lords.
    edited October 2013
    piratedave wrote: »

L2P noob

Patch notes:
    Balances:
    Removed marine dodge jump

You better "learn to play" without SJ.

r1a48rl.jpg
  • AsmodiesAsmodies Join Date: 2004-06-17 Member: 29353Members
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Oh, in that case, it's time to see a thread where as you said, people pretend it made a difference and now that this injustice is gone they're fkin pro mlg 360 headbite sith lords.

And what about the people that argued for SJ to be removed for more reasons than "I can't slaughter marines"....? If you're going to **** talk people for playing pretend, stop being a hypocrite then, I never had a problem topping either team in the servers I play in and I still wanted strafe jump gone for several reasons. Quit patting yourself on the back like you've been right the whole thread and everyone that disagrees with you is a noob. If anything the devs disagreed with you at least partially, which includes playtesters and people like Swelek.

It's fine to have an opinion but you don't have to be an insufferable child about it.

• Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    Marines can still dodge out of my bites... remove marine jump ability! It's too OP!! :P
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    It's just a joke dude, chill, what the hell is wrong with you.

EDIT: Also I never actually said I was in favour of SJ, I in fact, don't care. Because I don't think it really made a difference. It is fun to poke the nest though. To get responses from esteemed individuals such as yourself.

Don't backpedal on the opinion you've had all thread and pretend like I'm the one in the wrong. That's the actual opinion you and others have asserted in the thread, so no, it's not a joke, and last I checked trying to intentionally incite annoyance and argument is generally referred to as trolling and is looked down upon in forum environments. You were taking things seriously until the official patch change was announced so I have no reason to believe that you're not just making one last jab at the people who disagreed with you and got really tired of all the "L2P" crap coming from a couple people.
    edited October 2013
    I'm not back-pedalling on anything, my opinion hasn't changed, I'm not sure whether I posted in the thread earlier or not, but I really couldn't care less about the SJ, to tell the truth, I have a hard time even noticing it.

It may be trolling, but it was funny. You act like someone having a laugh is criminal. It's not like I hurt you (and if I somehow I did, oh god, that makes it so much more funny).
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It'd be nice if this thread was locked now.

IRONHORSE, AKA SUPREME GORGE 2012, STEP FORWARD PLS.
    Seconded. Unless "le epic trolling ftw guise" is on topic now.
    You're cute when you're mad.
  • tallhotblondetallhotblonde Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174770Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Woop we did it guys! Can this now be locked so i stop receiving 50 notifications a day? XD
  • CD121CD121 Join Date: 2013-04-04 Member: 184635Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    The deed has been (un)done. And now This Thread Needs To Go !

Ha, see what I did there? But yea, calling forum-gorge-guru @Ironhorse O.o
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
  • WalsaWalsa Join Date: 2011-06-28 Member: 106813Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Don't close this thread, yet. I want to reed their new opinions over marine movement and alien engage after las patch. Keep it open for a week at least.

:)
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    omgz rem0val of starfe jum make it so much eesier to kkill mareeeeens! I R SKUL GOD NAO

Or something.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Dead, dead, it's dead, dead, dead, finally dead, wonderfully dead, splendidly dead, dead, dead, dead!
    edited October 2013
    Roobubba wrote: »
    omgz rem0val of starfe jum make it so much eesier to kkill mareeeeens! I R SKUL GOD NAO

Or something.

Get good noob!
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    ns2isgood wrote: »
    Roobubba wrote: »

Or something.

Get good noob!

hao i byte?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Oh i've waited so long for this moment...
    AAAAANNNNDDDDDDDD....

CLOSED!
This discussion has been closed.