Skill Stacked Teams is Killing NS2

123457»

Comments

• crymearivercrymeariver Join Date: 2013-08-29 Member: 187185Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I haven't had the honour of getting stomped by IronHorse yet but I look forward to experiencing his wrath soon now that he has been spotted on the TG forums ;)
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    There it is. The gauntlet has been thrown down. @IronHorse, what do you say sir?
  • FLuXFLuX Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11633Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Xao wrote: »
    Shouts outs to member/s of NS2 PT team and member/s of a US clan for being knob ends and stacking CMGaming before, doing gods work once again.
    Wait.. wait... what?
    Am I reading this correctly?
    A PT is so skilled he is actually being considered as assisting in skill stacking??

I don't believe it. Really.. i don't. Its sorta common knowledge that PTs are not brought on for their skills, and moreso that we really don't have much in comparison to any average competitive player.
    I love my PTs... but we are not skilled players.. so much so that our feedback that we give on map balance is typically in opposition to the map testing team, (which is comprised of competitive players) as we more represent "pub games"..

In short, your argument just lost all credibility right there for me.

Any skilled playtesters are obviously wallhackers and aimbotters. :3
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    @Xao I actually feel badly that you took the time to write that response. And despite that, you're still missing the point since you're so mired in your own self-indulgent well of knowledge. I find it funny how you're saying I'm crying when your profanity-laced tirade is doing enough crying for the entire NS2 community, including us perceived comp-stackers and regular pubbers.

Anyways, you can chalk this one up to your internet argument win column because I'm done responding to you. Go forth and revel in your victory :D!
  • ChucullinnChucullinn Join Date: 2013-09-05 Member: 187848Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold

joshhh wrote: »
    Oh wait, I didn't, I was new to the game. Not that that fact stops bell ends like Colt and his clan of online heroes ala All-In from team stacking and aliasing just about every server they've ever joined

Just wanted to point out some misinformation. Colt plays almost 100% on KKG. Myself, a former All-In member, and almost of the rest of Old All-In' are banned from KKG. lol

KKG just doesn't fill up these days anyway, dunno what happened. Banned all the good players?

@Current1y

b8 m8. Could have sworn I put :^) in that post.

KKG still fills up in the evenings, albeit not as much because of a declining player base, but also because KingKahuna did a server migration a month or so back and so the IPs for the servers changed, effectively wiping anybody who added the servers to favourites.

Also I have never seen anyone banned from the server for being "too good", seen plenty of skilled/competitive players as well as rookies on the servers. Perhaps try again if you were banned before? Doubt any bans are still in place.
  • XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Shouts outs to member/s of NS2 PT team and member/s of a US clan for being knob ends and stacking CMGaming before, doing gods work once again.
    Wait.. wait... what?
    Am I reading this correctly?
    A PT is so skilled he is actually being considered as assisting in skill stacking??

I don't believe it. Really.. i don't. Its sorta common knowledge that PTs are not brought on for their skills, and moreso that we really don't have much in comparison to any average competitive player.
    I love my PTs... but we are not skilled players.. so much so that our feedback that we give on map balance is typically in opposition to the map testing team, (which is comprised of competitive players) as we more represent "pub games"..

In short, your argument just lost all credibility right there for me.

inorite, I was wondering what anyone was doing with a golden skulk in game as well, we all know the PT team plays 5 hours of NS2 a week and 50 hours on mumble/skype. If anything he proves the point that anyone gets good KDR when 8/9 of the better players in the server are on one team.
    ColtColt wrote: »
    After this thread was posted, I've played several (probably 10-15+) pubs with Roguefire AKA the Original poster, in which I have counter-stacked, readily managed and provided a balanced (even with high-skill players in the game) experience for both sides.

I illustrated, quite flatly, how it's a two way street. Not only do you not want to play with groups of friends playing together that are superior at the game to you, aka "Stacking", but they don't want to play with you either. You're stuck with them, and they're stuck with you. You should not be so blind and foolhardy as to admit this isn't just a logical truth; much like respect, this is a two-sided issue and shouldn't be treated with such blind, dogmatic venom-spewing from one side or the other.

Thanks for your time,
    Colt

Cut the rest because it's projection and assumption at best, so you specifically sought out the OP after he made this thread to defend your honour and followed him around counter stacking for an hour or two, I'm sure he's flattered m8 but it's like pissing into a lake at this point.

And it's not a 2 way street when one side can choose to totally flatten the other side repeatedly, and they do, while the other side gets to lube up and wonder why they even installed in the first place. Other posts early on in the thread already alluded to "oh no not this thread again" and other comp players have already posted snippy one liners that amount to "deal with it" so it's not hard to see where the majority of the blame lays.
    joshhh wrote: »
    Myself, a former All-In member, and almost of the rest of Old All-In' are banned from KKG. lol
    ColtColt wrote: »
    I don't play for All-In, and the team All-In which I lead for almost a year in all but name is not the current team.

So just to clarify, not you, but the team you lead, all got banned from KKG, which 2,-3, months ago, used to fill up 5-6 servers a night and was easily the most popular community server for a long while.

Thanks for clearing that up m80.
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    When did xao get unbanned?
  • AmbAmb Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168647Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited October 2013
    current1y wrote: »
    Do you have friends who play ns2? I'm not sure how any one who has any could not understand the desire to play with friends.

bs arguement. Can't you play ns2 with your friend on a different team? Ever played street fighter or tekken with a friend? Ever played tennis irl with a friend? or did you two stack on the same team and end up playing squash against the wall?
    *SNIP* Do not post like that again -Ironhorse
  • AceDauntlessAceDauntless Join Date: 2013-05-16 Member: 185253Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Amb wrote: »
    current1y wrote: »
    Do you have friends who play ns2? I'm not sure how any one who has any could not understand the desire to play with friends.

bs arguement. Can't you play ns2 with your friend on a different team? Ever played street fighter or tekken with a friend? Ever played tennis irl with a friend? or did you two stack on the same team and end up playing squash against the wall?
    *SNIP* Do not post like that again -Ironhorse

NS2 is not one of those games. Playing with friends on the other team is more frustrating than anything as now you can't really openly talk to your friend, or your team. You play the game completely different.

If you're on the same team you can still talk normally to each other and still communicate openly with your team.

Not to mention having 3 or 4 friends in a skulk pack/ marine squad is immensly fun.

• Mac1OManMac1OMan Join Date: 2004-10-29 Member: 32510Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    It's nice to see this topic carry on the last 2 pages without my input. I wanted to take a step back for a few days and collect my thoughts. There is definitely a lot of different opinions here, but just not a lot of constructive talk. It is a public forum so can't expect too much from it.

I wanted to jump in to say that Colt is a good guy in my book, but one person can only do so much. A prime example of what everyone should seek, not just because its fair, but because it creates an awesome gaming experience.
  • ZalamaelZalamael Join Date: 2013-08-18 Member: 186949Members
    edited October 2013
    Mac1OMan wrote: »
    It's nice to see this topic carry on the last 2 pages without my input.

Mexican_troll_face_by_mariodude12312-d5mtl9z.png

Hope we didn't let you down boss man :D

• DavilDavil Florida, USA Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155602Members, Constellation
    I haven't had the honour of getting stomped by IronHorse yet but I look forward to experiencing his wrath soon now that he has been spotted on the TG forums ;)

If Iron plays lerk you'll never get stomped by him.
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Lol CoD, I honestly hope everyone that thinks that game is great catches cancer, I really really do.

Cancer - now contagious