Titus v. Damage Networks @ 5pm PDT/2am CEST! *Edit: VODs Posted*

RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
edited October 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Hey guys!

I know this will be a little early in the morning for our European friends, but this match will be on roughly 7 hours from this post time.

See you there if you can make it! :)

Comments

• RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Man, please, people are trying to sleep here...
  • SammyGSammyG England Join Date: 2013-05-07 Member: 185160Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Yeah I ended up going to bed at 3!
  • PoNeHPoNeH Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58801Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    Honestly, who cares? These matches are sooo boring to watch.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    But the commentary is entertaining. I admire Reddog's enthusiasm, no doubt a result of the cheerful, colorful and optimistic American mentality.

Here in Europe, everything is gray and rain-soaked and grim, including the people.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    PoNeH wrote: »

Don't watch them then...

Personally, I really enjoyed this. Virsoul trashing the IP blueprint was hilarious!

• jewbearjewbear Join Date: 2013-02-09 Member: 182943Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    PoNeH wrote: »
    I find almost every match enjoyable to watch regardless of skill level.
    Personally, I really enjoyed this. Virsoul trashing the IP blueprint was hilarious!

Lol...we had a long discussion after the game about the drifter being able to hit a blueprint below it like that...I like the feature but it renders building an ip impossible with one person...especially with drifters being so difficult to track
  • CLARK_KENTCLARK_KENT Vancouver, Canada Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9508Members, Reinforced - Silver
    jewbear wrote: »
    Lol...we had a long discussion after the game about the drifter being able to hit a blueprint below it like that...I like the feature but it renders building an ip impossible with one person...especially with drifters being so difficult to track

I like the game mechanic as well, but maybe bring back the ability to beacon all people back to life, like in NS1? I haven't read why this mechanic was removed (and I'm sure there is good reasoning behind it), but I always remember it being a fun mechanic overall in the sense that it gives marines one last shot... a little bit of hope... of some turnaround or moral victory (like killing a hive or onos).

• Mac1OManMac1OMan Join Date: 2004-10-29 Member: 32510Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    CLARK_KENT wrote: »
    I like the game mechanic as well, but maybe bring back the ability to beacon all people back to life, like in NS1? I haven't read why this mechanic was removed (and I'm sure there is good reasoning behind it), but I always remember it being a fun mechanic overall in the sense that it gives marines one last shot... a little bit of hope... of some turnaround or moral victory (like killing a hive or onos).
    Agreed. This was one of my favorite mechanics missing from NS2 now... I can't find a reason why this shouldn't exist. It's not like its free to do.
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    And here they are in YouTube glory! Round 2 and 4 are my favorites! Enjoy!

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:

Round 4:

FULL SHOW:

• turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    i like how surprised you sounded when a NS2 game actually started on time.
    i like how surprised you sounded when a NS2 game actually started on time.

LMAO! It's been happening more often than not lately and I'm loving it! :D
  • BellicoseBellicose Join Date: 2013-04-11 Member: 184748Members
    Virsoul is clutch with that drifter; wasn't expecting that from DN in round 4!!
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Fun games to watch
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Wow, great stuff! Thanks for the great casting, too - some SICK moves from both teams caught in 1st person!!