Docking: Locker & Cafe Close spawns

RicezRicez Join Date: 2013-04-13 Member: 184784Members
edited October 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Marines are at a severe disadvantage in this situation (in Cafe), your only options are to rush.

The way the map is cut means Marines have a much more difficult time holding RTs, departures is closer to locker than cafe so marines are probably going to be on 3 RTs vs aliens on 4. Aliens can easily use the vent to kill bar, get to central access then either hit your base or cut through to landing pad or term. The bottom of the map also has plenty of places to drop a hidden tunnel.

ZyYKwb4l.png

Comments

• RicezRicez Join Date: 2013-04-13 Member: 184784Members
    Maybe an RT is needed in landing pad?
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    There are so many different variants of what this map should be and having cafe as marine start is in my opinion always bad even if aliens start departures... easy to hold them back from terminal, and just get a gorge tunnel to locker and you can hold them off there too. I'm not sure why cafe became a TP again, but I think it's well known that docking needs work still. But will they find the time to do it... that's another story.

If you're bored and want to read what everyone else has said about docking and how it should change here's the thread

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/130630/new-docking/p6

I personally would like to see terminal and cafe become one as that would make me happy.

ScardyBob on page 3 of the thread had a nice idea...

FvyBMHT.jpg

I also liked Howser's idea on page 10...

RjbpGQu.jpg
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't see a problem, everyone always wants balance but in real-life™ nothing is balanced or fair. Just overcome the problem with brute force American army style.. heehee. xx
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    enforce_cross_spawns
    and remove locker starting spawn (if that is even still a starting spawn)
    ie. Caf/Depo, Term/Gen

• RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Even spawning in cafe while aliens spawn anywhere else is still a nightmare vs a semi-decent team because they always gorge tunnel at the top of landing pad which makes it insanely difficult to hold terminal consistently without having to relocate. Cafe imo, should not be a spawn point, terminal should always be marine spawn.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    RaZDaZ wrote: »
    Even spawning in cafe while aliens spawn anywhere else is still a nightmare vs a semi-decent team because they always gorge tunnel at the top of landing pad which makes it insanely difficult to hold terminal consistently without having to relocate. Cafe imo, should not be a spawn point, terminal should always be marine spawn.

Pro-tip #492: You can get to that gorge tunnel with a solo marine (no jetpack.)

I'll let you go figure out how. :D
  • RicezRicez Join Date: 2013-04-13 Member: 184784Members
    joshhh wrote: »

It's possible but difficult, even more so when there's skulks or lerks trying to kill you.

Go on to the left side of the entrance tunnel, jump on the railing, then on the top of the tunnel. From there jump crouch unto the 45 degree ledge - you can just about make it.
  • fat catfat cat Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164696Members, Reinforced - Silver
    marines rush ballcourt, if they spawn in cafe and cut the entire map off? lockers is not that powerful.
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    enforce_cross_spawns
    and remove locker starting spawn (if that is even still a starting spawn)
    ie. Caf/Depo, Term/Gen

This.
  • DavilDavil Florida, USA Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155602Members, Constellation
    I actually find things easier for marines in this case, harassing the alien hive is quick, and if you can keep going through courtyard you can take maintenance and block the aliens in. It really just comes down to courtyard in those situations, personally I don't mind close spawns.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver

A bit showing off included ;)

My very first yt vid...
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    @F0rdPrefect

You do realise the entire first 18 seconds of your video are redundant, as you can just jump on the small grey duplo-box from the ground with a regular jump?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited October 2013
    Therius wrote: »
    @F0rdPrefect

You do realise the entire first 18 seconds of your video are redundant, as you can just jump on the small grey duplo-box from the ground with a regular jump?

Yes. That's the showing off part.

;)

edit: First, I was just jumping around to find the right way, and then I discovered this awesome path... you can get over the whole landing pad without touching the ground. I like that :)