What would you do if you woke up in NS2_veil?

godriflegodrifle Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58815Members
edited October 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
So you wake up in NS2_Veil.

You hear the beginning countdown. You're a marine. You look at everyone else on your team and see...
1. Your mom, or aunt
2. Your dad, or uncle
3. Your most able brother/sister/cousin
4. Your best friend
5. Your significant other or ex
6. The celebrity you find most attractive.

None of these people can have ever played NS2, but if they have, move on to the next closest applicable person. They all do not know what is going on. You know the round has just started, and you have no idea what the consequences of losing are. Time is running out. Aliens are coming.

1. What would you say to everyone, in terms of explaining where they are?
2. What would you assign them to do?

Comments

• IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.
    Then I'd assign them to WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
  • VigilantiaVigilantia Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 51Members
    I was going to go with the "hit concede because the damn marine team is still too stubborn to see we lost even after my nap" but you have to go and make a somewhat serious post.
  • godriflegodrifle Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58815Members
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    Assign all family members and friends to Pipeline immediately.

SO and celebrity stays with me in the command chair so I can die with a smile on my face.

So your family all dies...

And then your S.O. and your celebrity die after the chair closes.

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    godrifle wrote: »
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    Assign all family members and friends to Pipeline immediately.

SO and celebrity stays with me in the command chair so I can die with a smile on my face.

So your family all dies...

And then your S.O. and your celebrity die after the chair closes.

We can probably finish before the chair closes ;)
    Ironsoul wrote: »
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.

It's not hopeless.... for all you know, your IRL rival is on the other team playing aliens with his mom,dad, and so on... Aliens might win because they have the harvester advantage, but then again its really easy to shoot aliens running straight at you.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    turtle in base with w3/a3, turtle for so long the winning team surrenders and you live safely in the ready room
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    kalakuja wrote: »
    "everyone press f4"

Beat me to it
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would be scared and want to turtle. In light of this, I see why new players always want to turtle. Luckily my family knows how to use gun, although the new fangled nanite guns might get taking used to.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    "Hold X to Concede" :>
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited October 2013
    Wait wait wait quick question.
    Sword art online style?
    Cos if it is, Recycle ips' build robo, build sentries. assign a mac to every family member, armor 3, Give my best friend a shotgun, the rest get flamers....
    is friendly fire on? If so no flamers, just rifles, aaand alot of mines.
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    Sword art online style?

AFAIK SAO doesn't exactly explain how an attack is performed... Does the player mentally perform the action, and the avatar carry it out, or are the SAO characters actually performing attacks (but then restricted to the physical limits of their characters?)

In NS2, there's no reason why a marine in the NS2 lore wouldn't be able to see his own HP and armor at the corner of his retina interface, so let's go with that. Assume it is the real life, and it's not just fantasy, and you're caught in ns2veil.

• 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    Death before dishonour!
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Death before dishonour!

Meat before potatoes!
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    The first thing I would tell everyone to stay the hell away from Skylights.
  • zeqzeq Join Date: 2012-02-14 Member: 145493Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well the first question is whether or not the respawn at the ips. Because if so what is a little bit of pain from disembowelment so long as you don't stay dead?
  • delta78delta78 Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178131Members
    Well, I'll sacrifice them to the Alien Gods and pray that they'll show mercy!

Or I'll summon Freddie and with the power of his voice, he'll stun the aliens, so we can safely get to the shuttle outside of Cargo.

Or I'll summon Bruce Dickinson and together we shall sing RUN TO THE HILLS, while running in circles on Vail.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    1. Get mines and Topo
    2. Get upgrades
    3. Armory walls if possible
    4. Ten minutes to concede!

Or just f4.
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    get to cargo, take over the drop ship and fly away.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Loki wrote: »
    get to cargo, take over the drop ship and fly away.

That is, if you can make it through the forcefield :P
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Tell them all to get welders and get behind me.
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    edited October 2013
    -Find the hive
    -Build armory near hive
    -Research shotguns
    -Everyone runs in and kills the hive

People can hit a hive
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    or you could just break one of the many windows and run across the surface and take the long way around to the landing pad get the cargo ship take off and nuke the entire site from orbit !
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    First thing I'd say is, "Get out of my base."

Second thing I'd say is, "Don't bother with stupid vent gorges in West Skylights."

That should pretty much cover it.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    godrifle wrote: »
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    Sword art online style?

AFAIK SAO doesn't exactly explain how an attack is performed... Does the player mentally perform the action, and the avatar carry it out, or are the SAO characters actually performing attacks (but then restricted to the physical limits of their characters?)

In NS2, there's no reason why a marine in the NS2 lore wouldn't be able to see his own HP and armor at the corner of his retina interface, so let's go with that. Assume it is the real life, and it's not just fantasy, and you're caught in ns2veil.

In SAO the characters are connected to the game directly in their mind. (think matrix) The creator of SAO traps the players in this game and gives them only 1 life. If the game is cleared those who survived can exit the game. Otherwise your trapped in the game until your HP hits 0 and you die or you die in the RL. Note that being killed in the game will cause your brain to be killed thus killing you in RL.

A better understanding of how the playing system for SAO works is to see Accel World which uses a more advanced version of the same system. (based of world seed)

• |DFA| Havoc|DFA| Havoc Join Date: 2009-08-07 Member: 68375Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ironsoul wrote: »
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.

This cracked me up.

• shriikeshriike Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184461Members
    A much more interesting concept, is putting a bunch of pro players in this situation.
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited October 2013
    A far more interesting concept is putting actual soldiers in the situation.

EDIT: :P