Last Stand 2.0 released!

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2013
    So apparently we have three versions of Last Stand :-/

0ni wrote: »
    @0ni maybe you should enable LS maps instead of defaults

That's a pretty sound idea. Where do I find out what the maps are called? There is almost 0% information on the workshop page. :s

ns2_ls_hangar
    ns2_ls_hellevator <-- has been integrated into SamusDroid's version?
    ns2_ls_pad

So now we're using "ns2_ls_" as a map prefix instead of the good ol' "ls_"? I think we need some rules about naming convention for this stuff if people want to create more maps, otherwise it will get confusing...
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Search "last stand" or "ls"
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    We are using Sewleks version right now. Yes you need to change ls_... to ns2_ls_ I hid mine from the workshop. We are figuring out what to do with the other versions, whether it is possible to publish too the original official version, but I don't believe contributers can publish to the original mod.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Is there a reason, I mean code wise why it's "ns2_ls_" now? I personally prefered the much cleaner looking "ls_" one :P
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    Where is the maps folder?
    edited September 2013
    %appdata%\Natural Selection 2

Easiest to get to the correct folder is to use a Last Stand only search term. Search for ls_ and then right click that and select "Open folder location"
    edited September 2013
    Awesome thanks
    One last question though, how do I use windows 8? Or server 2012 I guess.
    Just kidding, I doubt anyone knows the answer anyway.

Took me a while to find the search function and then I couldn't find that folder or anything with ls_

I put Hellevator up as the only map though so if someone could try it and get back to me that'd be awesome. I won't be around to put the rest up until after 9pm pst though. Really gotta get back to work now.
  • SoundFXSoundFX Join Date: 2003-08-21 Member: 20048Members
    I am excited to be playing Last Stand again!
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    @0ni
    all Mapnames (just add them to your mapcycle.json):
    ns2_ls_catwalk
    ns2_ls_hangar
    ns2_ls_hellelevator
    ns2_ls_pad

Can someone explain why there are some maps twice in the mod? And swelek also included hellelevator, so you dont neeed the map extra.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    Status report Minimap not working, but could be because mapversion out to date. Rest ist working fine. Need ppl to test, bots are stupid
    edited September 2013
    Yes you will also need to redo the minimaps. Why don't I just get the maps working and put them into a mod as I doubt they will be updated now, that way you can just sub to the mods and be done with it. I will also make these maps use the new assets that are already in the files, as well as optimize them etc...
    @0ni
    all Mapnames (just add them to your mapcycle.json):
    ns2_ls_catwalk
    ns2_ls_hangar
    ns2_ls_hellelevator
    ns2_ls_pad

Can someone explain why there are some maps twice in the mod? And swelek also included hellelevator, so you dont neeed the map extra.
    Sweet thanks, that's the kind of help that helps the most. I'll try and get it done from my phone.
    I know there's a law against texting while you drive but does it apply to managing servers as well? :p
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    guess that's ok as long as the server ain't in the car as wel :P
    edited September 2013
    Click to join server 3 on the right side bar.
    Alright, took forever. If someone could give it a go that'd be great.
    edited September 2013
    Alright, here are the maps http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=179154226 updated to work with the current version of NS2. The minimap might be a little off but it works, wanted to get these out ASAP. Mod ID aadad32
    It's actually AADAD32 by my calculations.
  • hyckshycks Join Date: 2013-08-14 Member: 186848Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    Alright, I know everyone will hate to hear this, but for the FINAL time the mod is moving to it's original upload by me, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=177810924
    All the other ones are to be ignored. This build is working, with all the new upgrades, etc...

I've named it Last Stand 2.0 for clarity reasons.

I DON'T expect this to be balanced in it's current state, so that's why i need everyone to contribute their opinions on the balance of the mod, after playing a few games. This includes all the maps, models, even optimized the mod is 80 mb due to 4 maps, models and textures, I have done all I can do reduce the file size. Unless I remove the 30 mb in maps, and 48mb in models, the mod will be pretty big.

If you want to test this out alone, just type "cheats 1" into the console. I added this so you don't have to have someone on each team for it to start, as well as the round will never end.

You can type "ls_length <number> in the console to set how long you want round to be in seconds. Ex ls_length 500 will set the round to 500 seconds each. It is intended for you to not be able to join teams during a round as to prevent exploiting. It intended for you to not be able to move in the Exo.
    ls_spew in the console to spawn more weapons.
    Boy, you sure are making me work for this. :p
    0ni wrote: »
    Boy, you sure are making me work for this. :p

I would have published to the original original original original mod that Steve uploaded, but it didn't work. This is for real this time. The mod exchanged computers a few times in the process. But it is staying now, for good.
    Well I jumped on for a couple minutes but didn't have enough time to get a game going. I'll try again tonight. Hey everyone? 9pm pst on NG server 3?
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    if i download that mod i get error 28, mod is not available
    edited September 2013
    Either you are downloading the wrong version, or there is some dumb workshop agreement again.
    Last Stand 2.0
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    I'm downloading with the webinterface. I also tried with the modnumber in my startup parameters but the console shows the same message, something like "Couldn't download bla bla (Error: 28)"

And yes, it's Last Stand 2.0 ^^

EDIT: The full message:

Error: Error installing mod 'Last Stand 2.0' (downloading failed: error 28)
    Error: Mod wasn't available
    Sorry for the doublepost, but i could to test last stand 2.0,

Following issues:

Urgent: Aliens do not instant spawn as they should(?); aliens only respawn if all aliens of one wave are dead.

Gorge: Gorge can heal, build hydras and spam webs with any gorge variant.

players who join while a round is played leave because they can't do anything. Is it possible to add an "spectator" button to let them spectate?
  • SnixSnix Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 46916Members, Reinforced - Gold
    GameOver wrote: »
    Sorry for the doublepost, but i could to test last stand 2.0,

Following issues:

Urgent: Aliens do not instant spawn as they should(?); aliens only respawn if all aliens of one wave are dead.

Gorge: Gorge can heal, build hydras and spam webs with any gorge variant.

players who join while a round is played leave because they can't do anything. Is it possible to add an "spectator" button to let them spectate?

FYI: Running it on Weasel's Raid ( 176.57.142.105:27025 ) if you wanna try it out :)
    edited October 2013
    Before you report any issues, know if the server has any mods enabled, as those may mess it up. Never saw Gorges able to build anything last time I checked, but will investigate anyways. I still need to add more tooltips for things. AFAIK it is meant that you can't spawn again until all Aliens die, as you should spawn in waves, or at least that's how I understood it. PS, like you always can, type spectate in the console to spectate. I suppose I could add a tooltip for that too.
  • SnixSnix Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 46916Members, Reinforced - Gold
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Before you report any issues, know if the server has any mods enabled, as those may mess it up. Never saw Gorges able to build anything last time I checked, but will investigate anyways. I still need to add more tooltips for things. AFAIK it is meant that you can't spawn again until all Aliens die, as you should spawn in waves, or at least that's how I understood it. PS, like you always can, type spectate in the console to spectate. I suppose I could add a tooltip for that too.

Make spectate default :)
    Server is running the last stand mod + shine.

As for the waves: It's hard to finish off marines when there's one cloaked skulk hiding in a corner waiting for marines :)
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    The logic of the AFK feature could be used to help solve the waves problem:
    if alien.distanceFromSpawnArea < X and alien.idleTime > kNotMovedTimelimit then
        doDamage( alien, kDamageAmountToBugPlayerToMove )
        showMessage( "Kill em all! Blarghf! Hey, don't sit idle while marines are alive")
    end

Just a thought anyways. I admit it's a little troll side but it would definitely prevent one player from holding up a wave.
    edited October 2013
    SamusDroid wrote: »

Only Last Stand 2.0 is enabled on Weasel's Raid, don't listen to snix. FYI: I had to manually upload Last Stand 2.0 (my client Last Stand 2.0 - folder to server), because the workshop download (webinterface and serverstart with modID) didn't work (as i told you above).
    Insert spectate in console is not obvious to most ppl, so they will just leave. Force spectating while a round is played, as snix suggests, is a good solution.

Regarding spawn:
    Ok, you spawn in waves ... but that doesn't happen all the time. We had a round yesterday(3 v 3) in which only 1 alien spawned, multiple times.
    The idea of the spawnsys is good, but practically problematic. In the 3 v 3 we had always one guy lurking around in vents for about 20 seconds. He stopped alien spawn for about 25 seconds. Result... marines get bored and they complained.
    Maybe let a part of the team (1/3) spawn in waves, so the action can continue?