Block text chat from certain players as well as those that spam med/ammo commands?

YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
edited April 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
Not sure if it's a feature I did not notice but is it possible to implement an option to block text chat (those that spam obscenities just for kicks) and command spam (med,ammo etc) from players that deliberately do it to be annoying?

Comments

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • KurrineKurrine Join Date: 2010-07-03 Member: 72235Members
    I've been wanting a multiplayer game that allows me to not only mute voice but also text chat for ages. Why do MMOs seem to be the only to bother with such a feature anyways? I get that simply by the fact an MMO will have far more text chat and spam in general it would need it by default. I just never got why smaller scale multiplayer games couldn't benefit from it either.
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    edited April 2013
    Kurrine wrote: »
    I've been wanting a multiplayer game that allows me to not only mute voice but also text chat for ages. Why do MMOs seem to be the only to bother with such a feature anyways? I get that simply by the fact an MMO will have far more text chat and spam in general it would need it by default. I just never got why smaller scale multiplayer games couldn't benefit from it either.

Yea as I wrote this up I asked myself have I even SEEN an fps/rts game that allowed text chat block? It would be interesting if they do it because it is not very common. But man I was comming the other day and this guy just stood in the base trolling me as he spammed the medpack command until I had to turn game sounds off because it was driving me insane.
  • ruprechtruprecht Join Date: 2013-03-16 Member: 184022Members
    Please make muting a player, mute their med /ammo requests as well.
  • WarmongerWarmonger Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13126Members, Constellation
    Agreed. Muting a player on the scoreboard should mute everything - voice, text, and comms.
  • MelancorMelancor Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24415Members
    Mute their gunshots, make the models invisible, and we're talking business.