Alien Build Order Since Reinforced

2»

Comments

• Cee Colon SlashCee Colon Slash Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152581Members
    Ironman wrote: »
    Correct me if im wrong. The first thing I did jumping into the command chair was, drop a whip so I could "Rush Leap" only to find out...people could not leap because they were missing a biomass upgrade? And there is no indication of this. And if there is no feed back from the team I have no idea they cant leap.

You're correct; you need 4 biomass before an upgraded skulk has access to its leap ability. You do get an indication of this on the top left of your screen with the biomass scale: the available abilities are below the current biomass level. I agree that it's not very intuitive - but I don't know if I would want to restrict commanders from researching the abilities until they have the requisite biomass, which would be a solution.
  • IronmanIronman Join Date: 2012-03-22 Member: 149184Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well I suppose restricting the research option would be bad. Say you have 2hives, you got 2bio mas upgrades going and you queue leap from the whip.

I guess I just have to pay more attention to the top bar : )

• IronmanIronman Join Date: 2012-03-22 Member: 149184Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    When I get home from work....going to see how fast I can get leap with biomass 4 : )
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Yes, biomass still upgrades health. I'd go for celerity and save the res for the skulk ugrade, though.
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    Ironman wrote: »
    Well I suppose restricting the research option would be bad. Say you have 2hives, you got 2bio mas upgrades going and you queue leap from the whip.

I guess I just have to pay more attention to the top bar : )

It's all in the build order. You want to time your research so the right biomass and the right lifeform upgrade come up at the same time. Like how I get my gorge upgrade while I'm building my second hive and then upgrade biomass on the second hive so that both the biomass upgrade and the gorge upgrade happen simultaneously and I get bile. Then I grab a skulk upgrade near the end of the gorge upgrade and get bio1 on my first hive so that I have bio4 about the time the skulk upgrade finishes and I get leap.