Aimbot Dilemma

robinhood752robinhood752 Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187379Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited September 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Was looking for some latest gameplay videos and stumbled upon this video with link:
He's actually advertising this and have more than 2k hits!
I think, it's pretty dangerous for the game and all those, looking for casual fair gaming, not even talking about faulty balance data!
Can something be done about, please?

Comments

• _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    People quit the server when something like this happens. I see no real problem. Nobody wants to play with those kids. They are destroying the game for them-selfs. Just imagine how boring constant steamrolls are.
  • Kenshir0Kenshir0 Join Date: 2013-02-25 Member: 183347Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This is an old vid dont worry about it.
  • robinhood752robinhood752 Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187379Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    _Necro_ wrote: »
    People quit the server when something like this happens. I see no real problem. Nobody wants to play with those kids. They are destroying the game for them-selfs. Just imagine how boring constant steamrolls are.
    First of all: I didn't read the description first and considered it's to be another newbie player complaining, I watched such skill on some pro games and couldn't really tell, that it's an aim-bot(until that wall thing, maybe), second: It's 2000+ hits(I think at least 1000 ppl), and worst of all: It has lots of "likes", what does it says?
    Kenshir0 wrote: »
    This is an old vid dont worry about it.
    Not that old, about a week old, I found it by looking for popular videos of this week.
    I just think, since he (or she) offered DL link, maybe devs can easily get their hands upon that source code...
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Not that old, about a week old, I found it by looking for popular videos of this week.

You do see the glaring B240 in the top left corner? That means that this video is over 6 months old.

Please try to do even the tiniest amount of research.

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Therius wrote: »

You do see the glaring B240 in the top left corner? That means that this video is over 6 months old.

Hey, he's just trying to help.
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    Aimbot can be detected with demos/ spec. I'm more worried about the wallhack as it can be used in nsl games and you can't tell if one uses that or is "pro" with positioning/ timing
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    :) I was actually in one of these videos, think it was inv Joe, and didn't realize it till someone pointed it out.
    actually, now that I think about it, the guy got kicked pretty quickly, I his as a skulk in ventilation, in one of the across from the powernode, and the guy found me within a couple seconds. just hide in places that have zero practical faceplate significance, and see if they spot you. basically, bad hiding spots thatare only good for ferreting out wallhacks.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2013
    amoral wrote: »
    :) I was actually in one of these videos, think it was inv Joe, and didn't realize it till someone pointed it out.
    Just to be clear it wasn't inv.Joe in that other video, but someone using his name to try and discredit him and Team Inversion
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Let this useless tread sink.
    Also go to NS2BAN.COM
  • DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Members, Reinforced - Shadow

Also remember that just because it is 6 months old, doesn't mean he's not updating it to work with the current build.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    Another free weekend ends in "aimbots everywhere" threads.
    Not the 6 month old video is the problem, threads like this are.

Possible cheaters are in EVERY online game. Im sure they are cheating in "hearts online" also.
    So whats the point of this thread?
    "The 6 month old video is the proof, there cheaters in NS2"? cmon

You want to try a game with a real aimbot problem? Try the CoD series.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I myself hack in the online video game Hello Kitty: Island Adventures.
  • DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    I know this is a dumb question but has UWE been addressing aimbots and putting measures in place to stop people from running them? I know they are busy with performance/improvements, I just wondered if they had time to work on cheat prevention too.
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    amoral wrote: »
    Just to be clear it wasn't inv.Joe in that other video, but someone using his name to try and discredit him and Team Inversion

true enough, but as i've literally never seen the real inv. joe on, and that appears to be his go to alias... it's easier just to call him inv. joe now.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Daphisto wrote: »
    I know this is a dumb question but has UWE been addressing aimbots and putting measures in place to stop people from running them? I know they are busy with performance/improvements, I just wondered if they had time to work on cheat prevention too.

Nope.
  • skulkgatoskulkgato Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183645Members, Reinforced - Gold
    This an attempt to make webdollars by scamming people into attempting to download an unavailable file.
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members

No, considering the font is minuscule, unreadable in lower settings and covered by the name bar in fullscreen. Smartass.
  • Kenshir0Kenshir0 Join Date: 2013-02-25 Member: 183347Members, Reinforced - Shadow

No, considering the font is minuscule, unreadable in lower settings and covered by the name bar in fullscreen. Smartass.

Smartass? cuz he checked what build the game was when the video was recorded ? lol....
  • robinhood752robinhood752 Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187379Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    I am really disappointed in you guys, I always considered NS2 community to be mature, well, guess the people, I play with are differ from people here.
    As you may have or have not noticed, I didn't b*tch about aimbotters and/or wallhackers, all I said, that this video possessed the problem and needed to be dealed with, for example checking the file, or if enough people would flag it, it most likely would be deleted. Instead I got things like:
    dePARA wrote: »
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    cuz he checked what build the game was when the video was recorded ? lol....

And I have no idea what with that abuse thing, @GORGEous, you'll have to be more specific or leave me be
    edited September 2013
    By the way, All of this is mute now, since @skulkgato checked the file and said, that it's a spam scam, thanks for checking it out.
    Also, @UncleCrunch, thanks for the advice, but I meant the post not to be about aimbotters/wallhackers, but about promotion of this.
    I am really disappointed in you guys, I always considered NS2 community to be mature, well, guess the people, I play with are differ from people here.
    As you may have or have not noticed, I didn't b*tch about aimbotters and/or wallhackers, all I said, that this video possessed the problem and needed to be dealed with, for example checking the file, or if enough people would flag it, it most likely would be deleted. Instead I got things like:
    dePARA wrote: »
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    cuz he checked what build the game was when the video was recorded ? lol....

And I have no idea what with that abuse thing, @GORGEous, you'll have to be more specific or leave me be

I just pointed out that its an old vid and you shouldnt be worried about it.