Where are the Reinforcement Program rewards?! - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    You don't seem to understand the difference between unreasonable advantages and reasonable ones.
  • NedStarNedStar Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187224Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Please do not release this at the detriment of server performance. Please PLEASE test it from a server admin point of view as well. Another bad patch will kill communities.

Think of the communities!
    lieb5.jpg

On the note of shadow skulk unfair advantage. How often do you face a skulk from the side? The skulk eyes already sort of glow in the dark and the front is exactly the same as it always was. A skulk will pretty much always face you.

Now on the topic of unfair advantage, I seem to be getting a lot more med/ammo requests fulfilled with my female marine.
  • MorshuMorshu Join Date: 2012-08-13 Member: 155539Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Man I want my black elite assault marine skin bad! E:

Gotta get that visor over my eyes since the black armor doesn't have the goggles to cover my eyes from all the goop 'nd **** =(
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Still cranking on this guys. Good progress in play-tests today. Very keen to get most of the rewards out before the weekend, and very concious many of you have paid good money to use them.
  • terrible spammerterrible spammer Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 179927Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yup, TBH I'd be happy with a small badge until you get the content sorted out.
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Damn, and I was hoping today I'd get my hands on some NS2. Oh well, next week then.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited September 2013
    Anyway, the purpose was to provide funds for further development, especially the much needed debugging, optimization and balancing.

It could be counter-productive to spend all the Reinforcement funds on badges and skins ;-)
  • KiloKilo Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187529Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    CyberKun wrote: »
    You don't seem to understand the difference between unreasonable advantages and reasonable ones.

@CyberKun You don't seem to understand the difference between advantages and non-advantages.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    DarkflameQ wrote: »
    I really couldn't care less about new skins, where's the patch to fix things?
    We're testing it today.
    B-)

edit: *DISCLAIMER* That by no means implies a release date, however.
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    Hugh wrote: »
    ...and very concious many of you have paid good money to use them.
    You mean... just like the people who bought the game? :p
    ezekel wrote: »
    it's not a big deal, to be honest though you guys shouldn't have put a set date on them; you should have just put 'the month of september' take the time needed so they come out smoothly, and for next time
    You mean... just like for the Reinforced update? :p
    IronHorse wrote: »
    edit: *DISCLAIMER* That by no means implies a release date, however.
    See? Like this :p

I'm not complaining or anything. Just saying :-)
  • GeekavengerGeekavenger Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157117Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ezekel wrote: »
    Hugh wrote: »
    Still cranking on this guys. Good progress in play-tests today. Very keen to get most of the rewards out before the weekend, and very concious many of you have paid good money to use them.

it's not a big deal, to be honest though you guys shouldn't have put a set date on them; you should have just put 'the month of september' take the time needed so they come out smoothly, and for next time

While it is awesome you are trying hard to get us our rewards, I feel like the common sentiment on the forums anyway is that we contributed to support the game and the skins are just bonus on top of that. Just like when I bought two copies of the game after gorgeous, the game in and of itself provides me far more value than the sticker price.

That said I am super excited for my Shadow Skulk!
  • NammNamm Join Date: 2011-12-08 Member: 137116Members
    edited September 2013
    I'm guessing they're doing both, since the art people can't do the coders job.

EDIT: Boo hoo... I look naked without a badge. :(
  • NessNess Join Date: 2002-12-17 Member: 10935Members, Reinforced - Onos
    edited September 2013
    I don't personally believe that any manpower is being lost in the performance/bugfixing department to have these skins implemented. Still, the most important thing is having the issues with Reinforced fixed ASAP for the new player base so that they continue to play and grow with the community. Playing on servers right now, you see people having to teach performance fixes (such as disabling desktop composition) to new players like they were game play tips. I understand that the free weekend and sale were likely agreed on with Valve ahead of time and the new big patch had to coincide with that. Now the team's priority is to make sure these new players enjoy the polished experience other players were able to enjoy when they purchased.
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ness wrote: »
    I don't personally believe that any manpower is being lost in the performance/bugfixing department to have these skins implemented. Still, the most important thing is having the issues with Reinforced fixed ASAP for the new player base so that they continue to play and grow with the community. Playing on servers right now, you see people having to teach performance fixes (such as disabling desktop composition) to new players like they were game play tips. I understand that the free weekend and sale were likely agreed on with Valve ahead of time and the new big patch had to coincide with that. Now the team's priority is to make sure these new players enjoy the polished experience other players were able to enjoy when they purchased.

And some cant even do that (windows 8)
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    I saw some users reporting that if you donate to the reinforcement program you lose your constellation badge. Is this true and is there any plan to fix this or make it so you can select between the badges?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @zeroibis this is being worked on by the Vanilla guys, and should be addressed shortly.
    I can make whatever badge you want shown, however, in the meantime.
  • SykomykeSykomyke Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20316Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hey IronHorse, been awhile.

Quick question, since I cannot seem to find any information about it. Where is the OST for the reinforced program? Also, I can't remember for the life of me where the original Deluxe Edition soundtrack stuff is stored either.

Help an old man out here! :)
  • B3rTB3rT Join Date: 2013-02-14 Member: 183058Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    I saw some users reporting that if you donate to the reinforcement program you lose your constellation badge. Is this true and is there any plan to fix this or make it so you can select between the badges?

You don't need to insert your username on the purchasing page. So your forum account doesn't know you purchased it. (As long the humblebundle link don't have an expire date (don't know about this, but I don't think so) you can enter it when this issue is solved)

• ED0ggYED0ggY Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17103Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sykomyke wrote: »
    Hey IronHorse, been awhile.

Quick question, since I cannot seem to find any information about it. Where is the OST for the reinforced program? Also, I can't remember for the life of me where the original Deluxe Edition soundtrack stuff is stored either.

Help an old man out here! :)

The Deluxe Edition stuff is located in your steam DIR

<DRIVE>:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Natural Selection 2\DeluxeEdition
    @sykomyke Heya, it should be located in Steam\SteamApps\common\Natural Selection 2\DeluxeEdition\NS2 Official Soundtrack\
    As for the reinforced content.. its being worked on right now, and hopefully should be available by the end of the week i think. No promises though. :)
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Performance stuff and this stuff are (probably) going to be in the same patch. Should (hopefully) be soon(tm).
  • Vulcan78Vulcan78 Join Date: 2012-12-09 Member: 174603Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I donated $75 for the Shadow Content but have yet to receive any form of confirmation email from UWE, only one from Humble Bundle. Does my donation register? What happens next? Am I alone?
  • B3rTB3rT Join Date: 2013-02-14 Member: 183058Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    nope, you don't get a email from UWE. I only did get one from HumbleBundle, too. But the counter on the reinforcement page did increment by one the second I purchased. So I'm pretty sure you only get the HB email with the link to the Steam Keys. (btw. is it normal that you don't see anything in steam, after entering the keys? I see only the deluxe DLC nothing more)
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Vulcan78, if you follow the link from Humble bundle there are instructions for getting the rewards. I put my steam key in and the rewards have been activated (or accepted), but the contents isn't in the game yet (so you will have to wait). But you can get the shadow babbler icon for the forum now.

• VengaboyVengaboy The Swamp Join Date: 2013-08-24 Member: 187053Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just updated!!! Awesome and thank you UWE. Shadow skulk looks BA!
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Shipped. There's a known bug with the menu; it lets you select armors you don't have access to, but they won't actually display.