Where are the Reinforcement Program rewards?! - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited September 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

imageWhere are the Reinforcement Program rewards?! - Natural Selection 2

Last week, we launched the Reinforcement Program, allowing you to donate to NS2 development and receive some sweet rewards in return. At each step of the purchase process, there is red text warning you that the rewards are not yet in-game, and that we hope to begin phasing in the rewards on September 3rd. Well, it is September 3rd, and the rewards are not in game. Which means we are bad people, and you are rightfully wondering where the hell your rewards are! We apologise sincerely – We are working on them non-stop around the clock. Here is proof that we are well advanced in getting them into the game: This screenshot was posed and taken today at 1823PST …

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump for comment thread! Also... It's so good to be back in the office!
  • ChizzlerChizzler Join Date: 2013-01-04 Member: 177532Members
    Although I'm not enrolled on the reinforcement program (yet), a big thanks for keeping us updated! :) Can imagine it's been pretty tough on you guys to get it all up and running with PAX and everything atm. Keep up the good work!
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    Nazo wrote: »
    Clang video

Unfortunately, Clang still isn't out, either.

Any chance we'll be able to add custom soundtrack files (such as those from NS1) into the game? I miss that menu theme. Also, maybe it's just me, but the black armor looks as though it green hands in the first-person model.
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks for the update, Hugh. It means I can stop hitting refresh on the main page every hour or so until tomorrow. :)
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Zavaro wrote: »
    Clang video

Any chance we'll be able to add custom soundtrack files (such as those from NS1) into the game? I miss that menu theme. Also, maybe it's just me, but the black armor looks as though it green hands in the first-person model.

There is a mod for NS1 ambient soundtracks in the menu http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=142839859&searchtext=music
  • AyodonAyodon Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183577Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks for the info, was wondering about this :)
  • VettoVetto Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187267Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Heh the wait will be worth it thou I still kind of wish there were more moments you can see your own skin ((perhaps animated taunts that take you to third person view)) as well as a model viewer to see which model you currently have selected.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    coolitic wrote: »
    Is it me or is the shadow skulk harder to see? Reward or not, the re-skins better not give other players any unfair advantage.

Is it harder to see the alpha black armor? Yes. Does it really make any kind of big difference in game play. Nope.
  • Archangel_TyraelArchangel_Tyrael Join Date: 2013-02-26 Member: 183350Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Even though the rewards aren't ready yet it means a lot that you're willing to apologize and give us an update. It is greatly appreciated :)
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    @james888 um... aliens had alien vision and the current vision as well... BLACK ARMOR is of no advantage because for aliens they are simply florescent... however rines do not have any visual enhancements (aside from exo) so a black skulk will be advantageous...
  • CD121CD121 Join Date: 2013-04-04 Member: 184635Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Thanks for the update, much appreciated. So, ehh....tomorrow then? Or "until further notice"?
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    They usually try to minimize the number of updates as to not drive the server operators crazy lol. Remember that in addition to the new content they are likely working on multiple bug fixes and other slight changes that were not covered by the last patch. So even if they have the content ready something like a bug patch that was scheduled for the build could delay it so that they do not need to release multiple patches only a day or so apart. Generally multiple ns2 patches occur with weekly spacing unlike last week where we saw a lot close together due to the size and complexity of the changes.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    maD_maX_ wrote: »
    @james888 um... aliens had alien vision and the current vision as well... BLACK ARMOR is of no advantage because for aliens they are simply florescent... however rines do not have any visual enhancements (aside from exo) so a black skulk will be advantageous...

Flashlight.....

• KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Communication is key, thanks for the update.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    How do I get my forum badge, I just paid and followed the instructions, but no forum badge yet :-(
    Should I re-do the reward page from the humble bundle link? I just changed my email address as well.

Never mind, I see a happy shadow babbler on my post :-).
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Welcome back to the office Hugh. Please upload more NS2HD soon, I am dying to hear what PAX brought (and some more of your game play).
  • ChizzlerChizzler Join Date: 2013-01-04 Member: 177532Members
    edited September 2013
    Welcome back to the office Hugh. Please upload more NS2HD soon, I am dying to hear what PAX brought (and some more of your game play).

@RedDog has been with the UWE team & volunteers busy filming all the antics at PAX, be sure to check it out on youtube or;

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131787/pax-highlights-from-reddog-updated-9-3-13/p1
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    CD121 wrote: »
    Thanks for the update, much appreciated. So, ehh....tomorrow then? Or "until further notice"?

Soon™.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    It wont take weeks to get the rewards out guys. Can't say for 100% certain due to the nature of patches, but it's pretty damn soon. :)
  • SammeySammey Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153266Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    No rush! But hurry though! ;P

I'm wondering how many people will be running around as a Elite Assault Marine!
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Ad smith video - what is that guy forging? Looks like Gordon Freeman's crowbar!
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    "Please MTV, pimp up my skulk!"
  • eXaeXa Join Date: 2007-09-22 Member: 62400Members
    edited September 2013
    I already have 2 skins for marines at last there are skins for aliens even if it's a bit expensive ;)
    Is the reward system linked to our mail ? Because I bought without being logged and it seems that I have no badge
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    eXa wrote: »
    I already have 2 skins for marines at last there are skins for aliens even if it's a bit expensive ;)
    Is the reward system linked to our mail ? Because I bought without being logged and it seems that I have no badge

In the mail you got for your purchase, find the link to the humble bundle page (and login/register to humblebundle if necessary and then maybe claim that purchase). There should be a button on the purchase page under a title that says "NS2 Reinforced Shadow Rewards". The button has a cd key or something like that in it. Click that one and follow instructions.
  • Vulcan78Vulcan78 Join Date: 2012-12-09 Member: 174603Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    First of all, I want to thank everyone at UWE for the dedicated support they have given this game since inception, I absolutely love this game, even amid all of the awesome shooters out there (Metro LL, Planetside 2, Crysis 3 etc.) and still return to it, it is that kind of magical game. With that out of the way I donated at the $75 level but have not received any kind of notification via email (delay?) or by way of steam that there is any kind of change to the game. No rush, I just would like to get the goodies offered for donating, hopefully there is some form of email or something. If youre a moderator here, you can easily look up the email associated with my profile and go from there. Thanks again UWE! (P.S. getting some weird behavior with Nvidia SLI, only with AFR 2 am I getting anything higher than 40% core utilization 2nd GPU and for the life of me I cannot seem to induce V-Sync, even by forcing it via Nvidia Control Panel and Nvidia Inspector, the frames will hike up and over 120+FPS in the menu and will "hang-out" at 70-80+, even with all settings maxed (680M SLI overclocked, 47k GPU 3DMarkVantage). Is there a way to get V-sync working again? I have a 60 Hz monitor and would rather give my GPU's a break, 140 FPS in the menu results in temps in the high 70's (C).
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Zavaro wrote: »
    Clang video

There is a mod for NS1 ambient soundtracks in the menu http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=142839859&searchtext=music

Best thing about the main menu sound mods is that they remove the god awful ambient buzzing noise. A++