NSL Season 3 Signups opened, they close 31st of August!

2»

Comments

• swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    mattji104 wrote: »
    swalk wrote: »
    Really nice Dragon! Hope you can figure out the problem somehow.
    Can you make it so that when one team says "ready", there is a 20 minute timer, counting down until the "no-show forfeit"? It seems alot of matches are getting delayed much further than that, which is obviously unacceptable for whoever is waiting.
    Mendasp told me the spawns are in the actual maps now, which leaves most of the No close spawns mod useless, except for the Spectator Lights thingy, you should probably include that in the mod if you haven't already.

To be fair, I imagine you're basing the waiting on the Cups over the summer. I don't think that teams will have as much trouble with this problem during the regular season.

As such I would rather a forfeit be decided by a referee and not by a timer. The timer is a good guideline, but if the "Ready Team" is willing to wait, it's in good taste to wait.

If a specific team makes a habit out of being late, then a time limit should be strictly enforced, but we should let sportsmanship rule here.
    Definitely sportsmanship above all. But this is not just based on the cups of this summer. This has happened in most of the contests, if not all of them. And much so in the seasons.
    The time is a forfeit clock, but if the waiting team that typed ready want to wait longer than the 20 minutes, then they are free to do that. It shows alot of sportsmanship to do so.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2013
    About the topic of maps. My current plan is this to get ns2_docking to be a part of the map list. Would be nice with a NSL version of it, but Mendasp isn't around to make this anymore. :(
    Also, Jonacrab updated ssyoda's version of ns2_tanith with a one-room contribution from Mendasp. I haven't tested it out, but it seems viable.
    evilbob told me that he that the new version of ns2_turtle might be out by the time the signups close. Nothing is certain here though. Check his topic, he made significant changes to the layout and judging from the new layout it seems alot of the problems turtle had, has been adressed. I'm personally very excited about this one.
    There is also ns2_biodome, which is coming with the official build before the signups close.
    Finally, at the beginning of Season 2, Lazer did an update to ns2_icarus, which was a little bit too late, so the map was removed right before the season began even though it was planned to be included. I haven't tested the latest version myself, but I know it deserves another playthrough from teams.

This would be 5 additional maps added to the map pool. I enourage any teams to try them out and post any problems/suggestions to fixes in the topics of the custom maps. Post match experiences on the maps in this topic.
  • GrissiGrissi Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20314Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    That sounds good, I would love to see these 3 maps added. Even if they would not be perfectly balanced right away it would give the mappers valuable data to work with for future seasons. I think we should also keep a open mind with the upcoming biodome map. I think we should test it when its released and maybe add it to the map pool if it plays out ok. I'm sure UWE will be keep working on biodome after release so that's the best time to give them more feedback on it.

I think we should start asking around to see if we can find a mapper willing to donate some time to make nsl maps. Well basically someone willing to work with the nsl team. Maybe we can try something out with tram at the same time.
  • Evil_bOb1Evil_bOb1 Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 938Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2013
    Just what I needed, a deadline :p I hope I can get this out for you guys on time, even a little earlier might be best too if it needs some hot-fixing. It has never been played on but I am pretty confident it is going to play well and give a lot of space for the best of your game. Prepare yourselves for something pretty different from what you are used to, the 2nd RT is pretty much given, the 3rd is a bit more of a fight and only the best will be able to hold 4. >:)
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited August 2013
    Now that the summer cup is over, I have updated all NSL maps and removed the spawns stuff from the mod, which, as already mentioned, hasn't been needed in a while as the maps themselves have been able to define spawns configurations for a while. Right now it's just the lighting stuff, which should easily survive future patches without breaking.

I have also moved the lighting information (the json files) from the mod to the map files in the workshop, as it makes more sense for updating the maps (although I'm not sure if it's going to be needed anymore, but just in case).

Summit is the 252 version of the map, which has changes to the Atrium vent, changing it from 2 exits to just 1 and it's floor level and fully marine navigable from side to side.

Let me know if there's problems with any of this (with a PM, or a post here).
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    I just posted a thread here and on the ENSL forum.

In the interest of being redundant, please read it. It has everything to do with the addition of new maps. Please put serious consideration into it.

It's "Maps by Week"

-And thanks for staying involved Mendasp <3
    Seeing how few teams signed up so far compared to the previous seasons, I decided to keep open to new teams until the 6th of September. The games begin at the 8th of september, so this would only apply for teams that have a full roster(minimum 6 players) on the ensl site. The signups will officially close the 31st of August as planned. So if there are any teams that want to join the fun after the signups close, please send me a PM either here or preferably on the ensl site, that way I can easily follow your profile and find your team and add you to a division group.

Also as a result of the current amount of signups, people have been telling me to put all the teams together in one big league instead of regional split leagues. This will happen unless I get even more requests not to do it or a significant amount of teams signs up out of nowhere.
  • shriikeshriike Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184461Members
    Seeing how few teams signed up so far compared to the previous seasons, I decided to keep open to new teams until the 6th of September. The games begin at the 8th of september, so this would only apply for teams that have a full roster(minimum 6 players) on the ensl site. The signups will officially close the 31st of August as planned. So if there are any teams that want to join the fun after the signups close, please send me a PM either here or preferably on the ensl site, that way I can easily follow your profile and find your team and add you to a division group.

Also as a result of the current amount of signups, people have been telling me to put all the teams together in one big league instead of regional split leagues. This will happen unless I get even more requests not to do it or a significant amount of teams signs up out of nowhere.

1 league
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    NS2 Alpha and Omega yeaaaaaaaaa
  • eh?eh? Join Date: 2012-03-03 Member: 147997Members
    ns2 might make it to beta by halloween 2013 afterall
    eh? wrote: »
    ns2 might make it to beta by halloween 2013 afterall
    Will ryan mitchell participate in the beta? ;P
  • KanehKaneh Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174783Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    1 league will create terrible scheduling issues =/

West coast players will have to play at like 11am or Europeans will have to play past midnight.

mostly some ppl (like me) have to work on weekends, and playing in the early afternoon isnt' possible.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    And aussies.. We're forgotten about, once again.
  • SkugganSkuggan Join Date: 2010-03-19 Member: 71017Members
    Didnt you know the aussies are dead to UWE?
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    We were banished, I have to proxy through Zimbabwe, twice, to even be able to read the forums.
  • GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    And aussies.. We're forgotten about, once again.

while reading your forum someone could imagine you simply dont want to play in our league.

you should inlcude some posts from that thread. might be worth reading ...
    edited September 2013
    The signups were officially closed yesterday, but if we can gather 8/16/24/32 teams before the 6th of September, we will add them to the season. Currently we have some teams pending. Remember, the first default times are at the 8th of September so do your best to get in touch with your week 1 opponents on the 6th of September. See more here.

On a sidenote, it's awesome to see Australian teams joining up after all.
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    Give match info allreaddddyyyyyyyy
  • bizbiz Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167386Members
    Kaneh wrote: »
    1 league will create terrible scheduling issues =/

West coast players will have to play at like 11am or Europeans will have to play past midnight.

mostly some ppl (like me) have to work on weekends, and playing in the early afternoon isnt' possible.

I've seen what happens in worldwide tournaments in some other games.

we had a hard enough time scheduling 3v3s... good luck with your 6v6s.