Will there be more reward tiers in the Reinforcement Program?

DecoDeco Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71288Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
Howdy!

I'd like to contribute more than $75, but $8,000 is a bit steep for me.

Will there be any more Onos Badges, or other badges of a similar price?
I think a lot of people would contribute in the $100 to $250 range, so it's really unfortunate there's no appropriate tier.

If you're not sure what to give as a reward, how about an Exo & Onos skin?
Although the main reason I'd contribute more is to support development of NS2, some badass warpaint wouldn't hurt in encouraging me to pay a bit more :)

Please fix :D

Comments

• Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    We are going to be discussing the possibility of either adding more Onos Badges, or adding a new equivalent tier. We'll make sure to let everyone know what we decide.
  • WiseguyWiseguy Join Date: 2005-07-24 Member: 56645Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Is there a possibility to upgrade from Shadow to the new tiers? Many people I know got Shadow as it was the highest one available as Onos disappeared pretty much instantly.

Just as devil's advocate mind, more than happy with my Shadow Babbler ^^
  • TouchitTouchit Join Date: 2013-08-10 Member: 186716Members
    I really wanted to buy the $8000 tier. Let me just say the office would have to keep the heat up. I'd enforce a new dress code for those few days of UWE special addition speedo's. Big Onos in the front maybe, with a little gorge butt in the back.

But on a more serious note, adding a few new tiers would be useful. Enjoy the game and what you guys are doing, keep it up!

P.S. if you do make speedo's(soon), I'd buy one to strut my man stuff around this Halloween.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Touchit wrote: »
    I really wanted to buy the $8000 tier. Let me just say the office would have to keep the heat up. I'd enforce a new dress code for those few days of UWE special addition speedo's. Big Onos in the front maybe, with a little gorge butt in the back.

But on a more serious note, adding a few new tiers would be useful. Enjoy the game and what you guys are doing, keep it up!

P.S. if you do make speedo's(soon), I'd buy one to strut my man stuff around this Halloween.

I.. ehm.. words...

this never happened to me before but, I have none...
  • TouchitTouchit Join Date: 2013-08-10 Member: 186716Members
    Don't act like you wouldn't rock the UWE Speedo at the beach!
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Personally, I'd love a remodel + sound re-do for marine weapons to be added in a tier

I love the defaults but the weapons lack that 'I'm a badass feeling'

It's like the desert eagle in counter-strike or the ak-47.. you just feel bad ass with them

Or the shotgun in dishonored, it comes out spinning, has a sick model and sound.. you just feel like blasting stuff with it!

just an idea, probably a lot of work (but hey if it pays!)
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    I am also interested in the ability to upgrade form one tier to another money is really tight right now but I want to be able to get at least shadow eventually but I would like to buy a lower tier now and upgrade my tier over time as I get the money for it.
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    as the disclaimer on any of the buy pages states, you cannot upgrade from tier to tier unfortunately:
    You cannot upgrade to a higher tier after you buy one, without buying the new tier in full. We cannot refund the old tier.
  • WiseguyWiseguy Join Date: 2005-07-24 Member: 56645Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    rantology wrote: »
    as the disclaimer on any of the buy pages states, you cannot upgrade from tier to tier unfortunately:
    You cannot upgrade to a higher tier after you buy one, without buying the new tier in full. We cannot refund the old tier.

That's fair enough, but at the time there wasn't another tier to buy and I assumed there wouldn't be another one.

It's ok though, I'll just sell my girlfriend into slavery..
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    rantology wrote: »

I think offering a discount to people who purchased the shadow tier would be the only fair way to do this... there seem to be a lot of people who purchased the shadow tier because that was what was available... and it was pretty expensive on its own. I'd be surprised if many people forked over an extra $333 on top of the $75 they already spent.

• undeadanimalundeadanimal Join Date: 2013-08-04 Member: 186560Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i presume the price in dollars is AUD? trying to figure out the conversion so i dont spend all my savings £ is about 43 no?
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    What? Why would it be in AUD. The reinforced pack prices are listed in USD.

• undeadanimalundeadanimal Join Date: 2013-08-04 Member: 186560Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Wiseguy wrote: »
    Is there a possibility to upgrade from Shadow to the new tiers? Many people I know got Shadow as it was the highest one available as Onos disappeared pretty much instantly.

IF (and that is a big IF!) there are ever higher tiers available, we recognise that some system for 'upgrading' e.g. from Shadow tier will be required. Again this is a huge 'IF' and there are two or three schools of thought running around UWE about this at the moment.
  • RootCookieRootCookie Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187411Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    TBH I would imagine it being separate.
    Same layout, different skins. (Gorge please, could give the marines an exo)
  • IndrarohIndraroh Join Date: 2013-09-02 Member: 187671Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The Gorge needs some cosmetic lovin'.

Everybody loves the Gorge with its little belly slide.
  • DecoDeco Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71288Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Hugh wrote: »
    Wiseguy wrote: »

IF (and that is a big IF!) there are ever higher tiers available, we recognise that some system for 'upgrading' e.g. from Shadow tier will be required. Again this is a huge 'IF' and there are two or three schools of thought running around UWE about this at the moment.

I don't understand why UWE doesn't want an account system.

I've developed for Garry's Mod and TF2 communities and in both games I needed to have some player-manageable account details.
    I used their Steam ID to identify them and provided a read-only API to any untrusted party (namely the web client, as the game servers were trusted).
    If the player wanted to manage their account (which included items in the GMod case), they had to create an account (via web or game client) and sign into it via the game client.
    This linked their SteamID to their account.

There was no need to create an account, so new players could just play.

(I'm pretty sure this is how 2k did it in Borderlands as well)

Why can't UWE do this?
    New players will just play, and if they want to purchase some item (such as a reinforced badge) then they must have a UWE account associated with their SteamID.
    You could combine this with Hive, so that when the server queries their statistics, it also gets what items they're authorised to use.

I'm sure you guys understand that Steam keys are no longer a viable option.

Please explain (even if only brief :) ).
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Indraroh wrote: »

like a tuxedo?
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

Bring this back. Was my gorge skin in NS1

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/77517/vespa-gorge
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    ezekel wrote: »

like a tuxedo?
    Top hat and gorge cane with monocle for extra class.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    As much as I think there shouldn't have been a limit in the first place, adding more onos badges may be unfair to those who have already bought one - as part of the reason they might have spent the money in the first place was for the exclusivity.

If suddenly more people can get them, the original purchasers might not have bought it in the first place. Something to consider anyway..

Adding additional tiers would be the better option, but those tiers shouldn't include any stuff already exclusive to the onos tier, as that wouldn't really be fair either.
  • NazrudinNazrudin Join Date: 2009-09-17 Member: 68811Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Adding more onos and higher tiers after shadow only benefits you.

''But onos badges was only 25, why make more?'' I think it's fair to those with the wrong timezones to get a chance at buying their tier.