Marines should be able to carry both axe and welder..

aYosaYos Join Date: 2013-01-14 Member: 179469Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited August 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
Pretty simple, don't see why I lose the axe when I get a welder.

Truthfully I feel like it would add more to the asymmetry of the game as Marines use tools and don't fill roles.
(Ideally)

Comments

• Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    You never lose the knife... Simply drop the welder when you need to use the knife and pick it back up once you're done.
  • CatCopCatCop Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20296Members, Constellation
    the welder is better than the axe anyways?
  • aYosaYos Join Date: 2013-01-14 Member: 179469Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    CatCop wrote: »

Not at structure damage? Also thought axe received benefits from arms lab and welder did not...
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    @aYos

With a welder, you can burn cysts faster, so cut the cyst chain. Also, know what benefits from arms lab? Bullets!
    Empty a few into the harvester, veil, hive, etc.
  • Anti94Anti94 Join Date: 2013-07-31 Member: 186489Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yes, I completely agree with aYos. The welder should be a slot 4 weapon. Many people have been asking for this for a long time now. I don't understand why it hasn't been implemented yet.

The welder sucks at dealing damage to buildings.... BUT... can somehow kill cysts faster than the axe !! Is it intended or is it a bug ? It sure looks like a bug to me ! Cysts are buidings, right ? So the welder should be less efficient than the axe to take out cysts, right ? There is no consistency AT ALL.

I know you can drop the welder to get the axe out but this is a completely broken mechanic and looks like a bug too.
    Imagine you had to drop your primary weapon to use the pistol... Would you be ok with this ?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    welder is a cyst killing monster, working as intended
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    CatCop wrote: »

The axe kills structures faster. Bad cop.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Anti94 wrote: »
    Yes, I completely agree with aYos. The welder should be a slot 4 weapon. Many people have been asking for this for a long time now. I don't understand why it hasn't been implemented yet.

The welder sucks at dealing damage to buildings.... BUT... can somehow kill cysts faster than the axe !! Is it intended or is it a bug ? It sure looks like a bug to me ! Cysts are buidings, right ? So the welder should be less efficient than the axe to take out cysts, right ? There is no consistency AT ALL.

I know you can drop the welder to get the axe out but this is a completely broken mechanic and looks like a bug too.
    Imagine you had to drop your primary weapon to use the pistol... Would you be ok with this ?

It's because welders (as well as FTs) deal "fire" damage => More dmg on flammable objects (cysts).
  • Anti94Anti94 Join Date: 2013-07-31 Member: 186489Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I wasn't even aware of the 'fire' damage type. What are the flammable objects other than cysts ?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited August 2013
    Only cysts, AFAIK.
    It was implemented to make the FT a cyst-killing weapon.

edit: Okay, just looked it up: http://wiki.unknownworlds.com/ns2/Damage_types

Looks like only cysts are flammable, and maybe clogs. And hydras since the last update, i think.
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    @F0rdPrefect Hydras are burnables too.
  • stibaerstibaer Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186398Members
    Wielder should simply be working as an upgrade to the axe.
    Doing more damage to cysts and the same damage to buildings as the axe.