Will there be a hotfix today? (Friday)

zeepzeep Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3367Members
edited August 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Or was that the last patch? I'm confused.

Europe here, GMT timezone.

(Not mean to whine btw. Love is the message)

Comments

• ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    edited August 2013
    b254 is last patch, not sure when release was, yesterday? last night euro time?
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    B254 was the hotfix patch. There will probably be another one next week.
  • zeepzeep Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3367Members
    Jekt wrote: »
    I see. Then i can stop watching NS2 in the Steam list for now. ;)

• tuxatortuxator Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69958Members, Reinforced - Gold
    zeep wrote: »

damn, would've hoped they would put up another one today :(.

Since I'm kind of new to this game: Is it normal that the devs don't talk that much on the forums? And that there are nearly no patch notes? (at least I can't find some for 254)
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    tuxator wrote: »

Since I'm kind of new to this game: Is it normal that the devs don't talk that much on the forums? And that there are nearly no patch notes? (at least I can't find some for 254)

Actually, they talk quite a lot.
    But patch notes... yes, usually you can find all the changes yourself before patch notes are released :D
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
    The Devs & PTs have been working like crazy to get these 3 patches out in the last 3 days. We most likely wont be patching today as well or we will die.

Expect a patch sometime next week, most likely.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Yea, the devs come talk here sometimes, and I have a feeling they read quite a lot of these forums. Also, testers come and talk here too. I personally don't blame anyone for the problems, they obviously chewed quite a bite for the team of their size and budget, and they are obviously doing what they can, which cannot be an easy thing since they are a lot of conflicting demands - pros demand another kind of balance than casual players, 6vs6 plays differently than 12vs12, maintaining the smooth integration of the Spark engine and the LUA extensions is obviously tricky, now they try to maintain the code for 3 different renderers (DirectX 9 and 11 and also OpenGL), there is a new Linux binary, it's not easy.
  • hf_hf_ Join Date: 2011-06-10 Member: 103639Members
    Anyone else having an issue with the server dying after playing for 5-6 minutes?

This happened to me on 3 separate servers last night, wasn't my connection because I was playing with a friend, and he dropped out as well.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow

The devs and associated playtesters are ALL OVER these forums. If you check the top of the page at the top of this link, you can see all their posts.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/

• tuxatortuxator Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69958Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited August 2013
    Obraxis wrote: »
    The Devs & PTs have been working like crazy to get these 3 patches out in the last 3 days. We most likely wont be patching today as well or we will die.

Out of curiosity: Did none of these problems (slow loading, massive performance loss, (on linux only) special keys not working) occur during your tests? Or are there PCs where that performance drop is not noticable?
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't really have this input lag. At least I don't feel it. But I have 1 - 2 seconds freezes from time to time since build 252.
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow

Out of curiosity: Did none of these problems (slow loading, massive performance loss, (on linux only) special keys not working) occur during your tests? Or are there PCs where that performance drop is not noticable?

I guess the they rather publish it now and continue optimizing. Theyve optimized the hell out of the game already compared to release.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow

You have to be patient with UWE, but they do deliver and they will have read and know about these things.