REINFORCED

2»

Comments

• YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    Hope the lerk gets some love :((
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    What's wrong with the lerk D:
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    edited August 2013
    Jekt wrote: »
    What's wrong with the lerk D:

Nothing. I just want more toys/abilities to play around with :((
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    Solaris wrote: »
    Protip: If you want to hide a video on youtube, don't just set it to "not listed" after the link to it has been leaked #-o Everyone that can search for #NS2 on Twitter can still view it. Not very super effective :p
    Hiding videos is kind of annoying on YouTube. Super Effective dude, if you ever need YouTube help, I'm always around :D
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    Really I'm just hoping for an eject button on my Exo...
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Judging by.. ehm not a leaked video but ehmm just my general feeling today...

1) ITS GOING TO BE FCKING AWESOME
    And
    2) All the 'UWE-DOESNT-LISTEN-TO-THE COMMUNIITY!11!'-ragers need to start gathering up socks for eternal mouth-filling silence.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I feel sorry for UWE and Cory the most, as has probably been hard at work on one of his very cool release trailers. It just spoils the moment... real shame.
  • SolarisSolaris Join Date: 2003-05-11 Member: 16213Members
    So the video is private now. So anyone who has not seen it, will have to wait a bit longer :D

But wait, don't go home yet! The drama doesn't stop here!
    For your entertainment we bring you UWE's Hugh in full leak containment mode over at the AusNS Forums:
    ausns2.org/showthread.php?689-Open-Letter-to-AusNS2-Admins-Hugh&p=9618&viewfull=1#post9618

I don't know about you, but this reaction is not what I expected. First of all I would have though Hugh is professional enough to spin it in a simpathetic and witty way. "Hey guys, yea somebody fucked up, sorry about that, we removed the video, you guys wil lhave to wait just a few hours more! See you on the 30th!"
    But no, Hugh decided to go all offensive. That reminds me so much of what a couple of western governments do and say these days regarding their own leaks, it's not even remotely funny. You don't cooperate with us, shame on you! You endanger the security of the game! YOU TERRORISTS!". Seriously... there are a million better ways to handle this, especially if you have such a dedicated fanbase...

Son, I'm disappoint!
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    So the video is private now. So anyone who has not seen it, will have to wait a bit longer :D

For your entertainment we bring you UWE's Hugh in full leak containment mode over at the *snip*:
    *snip*

I don't know about you, but this reaction is not what I expected. First of all I would have though Hugh is professional enough to spin it in a simpathetic and witty way. "Hey guys, yea somebody fucked up, sorry about that, we removed the video, you guys wil lhave to wait just a few hours more! See you on the 30th!"
    But no, Hugh decided to go all offensive. That reminds me so much of what a couple of western governments do and say these days regarding their own leaks, it's not even remotely funny. You don't cooperate with us, shame on you! You endanger the security of the game! YOU TERRORISTS!". Seriously... there are a million better ways to handle this, especially if you have such a dedicated fanbase...

Son, I'm disappoint!

You come across as naive and self entitled. Who do you think this game belongs to exactly? UWE actively involve this community, and you are abusing that involvement.

I really feel sorry for UWE when they have to deal with such inconsiderate people like yourself.

How you got to the idea of Hugh's post being offensive I don't know? Your intelligence offends me, and that you would provide the link to offending material also.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeh not the best post ever but I can understand why he is pissed, especially when a friendly request to remove 'stolen' content is ignored.
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited August 2013
    inb4
    mines still useless for damage and cant be used as boost. Skulk just walks over them even inside vents and fades just laught at em.
    Cloak still crappy semicloak that you can just bypass with simple graphic options. Basically the cloack/scan/predict shooting is still removed from the game.
    Babblerskulk still doesnt die after being hit by 300 lmg damage.
    Onos still boring and useless.
    Alien vision is made even more ugly and you can't even see the walls anymore let alone the glass.
    Skulk movement still spam space go fast.
    All mods become unfixable just because fun.
    AlienCommander still not needed in 6v6; rather use 1gorge on field and alternate res dropper aka alien comm baaad.
    Hotfix patch breaks the fps for 90% of community.
    dll inject still undetectable so the wallhacks reign undetectable.
    Exos still crappier than ns1's ha in strategic depth. Basically no onos counter ha, jp counter onos, fade counter, jp, ha counter fade stuff.
    3rd hive abilities still useless to break sieges. Maybe the devs add again a new ability from a movie they watched: Teleported marine gets turned into a fly.
    Fadeball still have about the same power at 8min/1hive as in 60min/3hives.
    No handgrenades for vent clearing in early game.
    No matchmaking or ingame competetive support. Maybe they make the smallest server limit to 50 players so that you can experience the EPIC ENDGAMES with spam and lag on every server.
    Announcement of new game that is a lolcopy moba and they are moving most of the developer team on that project.
    CCs still locked on location; no nice marine relocstrats
    Marinejumping removed cause skulks have to be better in closecombat (t: common knowledge team); actually marines cant move when they shoot to make it even more simple and INTUITIVE.
    Achievements added that make the FUN: half of the server is trying to knife the lerk and other half is trying to make the trick jump to crossroad from maintenance.
    Marines and aliens made class based and you can gain experience to your class. lvl8 lerk gets 10% change to critical strikes on spikes but lvl32 flamethrower marine can fly with the flamethrower.
    Docking is changed.
    Arcs get upgrade that they can fly in vertical space to the roof. Because bilebomb is too good vs them.
    Some useless features like your pc casing's lights dance to rhytm of the hive.

best wished nostradamuns2 your source for ns2 predictions
    286a63f9a72cc7df6bf180062cc67df9.png
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    edited August 2013
    Runteh wrote: »

For your entertainment we bring you UWE's Hugh in full leak containment mode over at the *snip*:
    *snip*

Son, I'm disappoint!

You come across as naive and self entitled. Who do you think this game belongs to exactly? UWE actively involve this community, and you are abusing that involvement.

I really feel sorry for UWE when they have to deal with such inconsiderate people like yourself.

How you got to the idea of Hugh's post being offensive I don't know? Your intelligence offends me, and that you would provide the link to offending material also.

I don't think he meant 'offensive' so much that it 'offends' people, instead in an "on the offensive" type thing (as opposed to passive). And tbh, it does come off as pretty hostile.

I kindof see where Solaris is coming from though perhaps he could have worded it slightly more delicately.

Not defending the leak or anything, and I do admire Hugh's passion in defending the game (something that has long stood as one of his more endearing characteristics here on the boards). However, the more professional avenue would have been to not get hot-tempered about it in a public way (these type of letters are best kept private).

Leaks happen. For lots of things. TV. Music. Movies. Games. And whilst it certainly sucks, your customer base always feels respect if you handle it with grace rather than do something to potentially alienate people who had nothing to do with the leak in the first place.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    Company of Heroes 2's new map update got leaked too at this Swedish website. That's life.
  • hub3rtu2hub3rtu2 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165478Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Dayum son, it's way more than I expected, interactive tutorial and skill rating system, stuff of dreams. Good job, if it's true (and works).
    As for the drama...
    7XGQO.png
    Seriously, I don't think anyone outside of NS2 communities cares. Those outside will still hear about it from the trailer/sale/friends, and it's just 4 days anyway.
  • RadmanRadman Join Date: 2013-04-05 Member: 184656Members
    edited August 2013
    Well as long as its been leaked...

What changes here are actually buffing marines where they need to be buffed? I hope there is a seperate list of stat changes because right now it seems like fades got buffed (where they were really good before), onos got nerfed (where they were a little underwhelming before), and marines got a bunch of buffs to the viability of exos (where nobody found exos underpowered in pubs). Seems like UWE is embracing the "marine hold, then exo push" pub metagame that has been developing.
  • hf_hf_ Join Date: 2011-06-10 Member: 103639Members
    Guys and gals, let's be honest with ourselves regarding this patch, based on what has previously happened in other large content releases. Expect some game-breaking balance issues with regard to the newly introduced abilities, things that seem so obvious after only playing for a few minutes. Expect Biodome to be unplayable, either due to massive FPS problems or a design that severely benefits one team over the other. And expect some bugs.

I hope UWE did their homework in involving the new playtesters to inject a fresh perspective into their new changes. UWE is so wrapped up in this game that many things are both overthought and underthought simultaneously, which invokes a prolonged head-scratching sensation in the dedicated NS player upon playing with the new changes. Change is necessary in this game to make it more complete, but things shouldn't be changed for the sake of changing, which has happened multiple times with regard to both marine and alien tech trees.

Onto the new features, I won't leak what has already been said for sake of getting banned. I'll only comment generally on what most people know: the new abilities only benefit the aliens. There are some long overdo changes for marines, but they are all late-game tech, which won't help marines overcome the mid-game alien onslaught. The entire res system has been sped up, to the point where most fades pop out at 6-7 minutes in. Even if you have a solid marine team, it's very difficult to deal with 3-4 fades all arriving at once. Marines immediately lose map control, and then can never tech up to the point to counter. The marine commander simply has to juggle too many things at once in the early game -- should I focus on phase gates and map control, weapon/armor upgrades for my team to be more effective in combat, robo factory to secure positions that are important, rebuilding nodes being constantly harassed by the aliens? By the time fades pop, the marine commander can't have everything. Usually it's a small combination of what was mentioned above, meaning that fades absolutely tear through low-level marines and swamp phase gates. Contrast the marine commander weighing tech options with the kharamander: pick one upgrade path, wait for res, drop 3 shells/spurs/veils, save for second hive, research a pre-determined path for biomass. There's little thought or freedom to deviate from this, and the alien team is not dependent on the kharamander as much as the marine commander. I get that you want to have an asymmetrical game, but I feel that at this point it has become a crutch to explain the severe balance issues plaguing this game. Eventually one of two things will happen: 1) things get dumbed down to the point where the game isn't enjoyable for longtime players or 2) things will become so complicated that you can forget about growing a new player base.

Recognize the core balance issues, implement meaningful changes to address the balance issues, and streamline the tech tree for both sides.

Here's one suggestion: Get rid of the kharamander placing infestation. Kharamander can place structures just like a marine commander, and from them infestation grows, which can give minor benefits to local aliens while also signifying to the marine team that alien structures are nearby. With everything tied to infestation, there are large plots of it spread across the map where no alien structures or presence exists. Imagine how confusing this is to new players. Walking down a hallway and seeing green shit everywhere, expecting an alien presence, and instead seeing nothing but these weird, glowing orbs. The map design has been so severely compromised with res nodes literally being right next to starting locations and all of the rooms being so tightly compressed together because of the cyst chaining that needs to occur for aliens. With everything so tightly compacted, the gameplay is sped up where you can very quickly run from one room to another, meaning that the core style has devolved into mindlessly attacking res nodes as quickly as you can, or running to defend res nodes from an attacker.

Stupid.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited August 2013
    Just relax guys, its only a few days away. There's plenty of time for detailed discussion of the changes when its released officially.

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    hf_ wrote: »
    There are some long overdo changes for marines, but they are all late-game tech, which won't help marines overcome the mid-game alien onslaught.
    This is incorrect and is misinformation.
This discussion has been closed.