GOD pcs

OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
I know this is an anathema .... but ... all your attempts to lower the specs for your game have failed ...

Why ...?

Coz *they* also made the game easier or those with GOD pcs.

Sorry, but that's a specs basis fail ... right there ... and then ... we cannot play. We need GOD pcs.

Think on this, whilst you play GODS.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Hmm, so you're saying that UWE needs to add some coding, which forces a lower FPS, if you're playing on a "GOD PC"? :P

Back to the the oldschool debate of Goldsrc my 200FPS bunny hops are better then your 60FPS hops... To the nostalgia van!
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I can confirm that my pc is a god and thats why i can play ns2.

get on your knees and worship, Peasant-PC scum. Worship me, your obvious better.
  • HummelHummel Join Date: 2013-08-13 Member: 186792Members
    Ah, this argument is about as old as multiplayer itself.

You can't blame folks with high-end PCs for having the will/resources/ability to slap 'em together, and you can't expect a game they've paid for to make their good PCs redundant.

Go big, or go console.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I'm pretty sure you don't need a GOD PC to play NS2.

We have playtesters who test on Core2Duo with a 5 year old Mid-range graphics card. While not ideal, it's certainly above 30fps most of the time, which sounds about right for a video game made in this decade.

If you're having issues with performance, I would have to suggest you upgrade as you probably have a system that hass technology is around 6 years or older.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited August 2013
    I running on an old amd x2 5600+ @ 2.8ghz (6 years old???) with a gtx 460 and the game is very playable, as long as you're comfortable with lowest details with 20-30 average fps during high action fighting. I've played this game on a god PC and its AMAZING running everything maxed out with solid fps.
  • hub3rtu2hub3rtu2 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165478Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    There's server performance status on the server browser.
    Why not player performance on the scoreboard? Measured in avg FPS in the past few minutes, standard deviation too, maybe? Similar to ping.
    That would be pretty interesting to see, I'm always curious of it, mainly how the hell can people aim this bad, given that they don't play at sub-30 FPS, or maybe they do, who knows? Of course it would segregate the players but hey, it's their fault for believing the system req page, right?
    Also, it'd be pretty awesome watching how you top the scoreboard with 15-40 FPS (new infestation, and I guess my GTX 260 and Phenom II X2 550 is >6 year old technology, even though it plays most modern games on medium-high with stable FPS, inb4 "hurr console ports" - well, NS2 doesn't look any better on low, save for lighting), while the other team has a lot more.