Someone played a dirty trick on me. (and key bindings)

2»

Comments

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Renoh wrote: »
    Also, I love how this post started out with comm eject trolls and now everyone is talking about keybinds

Welcome to internet forums. Enjoy your stay.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah, this has happened to me before. I wasn't in the seat, but sometimes people scream it out and start a vote. I just check the mini-map, it isn't that hard to do.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    The real question is: How do we get from a discussion about keybinds and a meta-discussion about a discussion about keybinds do a discussion about buffing Onos? :-?

What I always wondered: What do you rebind secondary abilities to if you use the mouse to jump?
  • RenohRenoh Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165298Members
    joshhh wrote: »
    Also, I love how this post started out with comm eject trolls and now everyone is talking about keybinds

Welcome to internet forums. Enjoy your stay.

Thanks. I'm here all day.

• RenohRenoh Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165298Members
    The real question is: How do we get from a discussion about keybinds and a meta-discussion about a discussion about keybinds do a discussion about buffing Onos? :-?
    Just like that.

What I always wondered: What do you rebind secondary abilities to if you use the mouse to jump?
    I've wondered that as well. Switching keyboard and mouse binds doesn't seem to have any advantages.

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Nope, never happened. I flood my marines with info I think they need, and probably would react faster to such a rumor then anyone pressing eject. :D
    And id probably laugh at the idiots who ejected.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Just like that.

I've wondered that as well. Switching keyboard and mouse binds doesn't seem to have any advantages.

Many people can click faster with fingers other than their index finger and like to bind attack to things other than mouse0 for that reason. I've never really tried it myself as I don't want to deal with relearning muscle memory of a decade of FPS play but I wouldn't be surprised if it helped.
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members

My jump is on mouse 2 and I use the two thumb keys on my mouse for second ability and shift/walk belly slide etc. To really make it weird I talk with shift in game, control for 3rd party voip and crouch with space bar.
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    BentRing wrote: »

My jump is on mouse 2 and I use the two thumb keys on my mouse for second ability and shift/walk belly slide etc. To really make it weird I talk with shift in game, left control for 3rd party voip and crouch with space bar.

• amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    I swapped mouse 2 and spacebar. seems to work for me, jumping always felt better on mouse 2 anyway, unless it was used for crouching in a crouch heavy game, im looking at you wolf et. left alt is my mumble, caps now my engine chat. hrm I guess that fixed my alt tabbing, but I only check my scoreboard during downtime anyway.