Deny posts on old threads

Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
Would it be possible to prevent users from making comments in old (over 3 months without a comment) threads? If they really need to, they can create a new thread and reference the old.

The thread wouldn't be officially locked. However, it would be good to give a message indicating no posts are allowed due to the thread's age.

Comments

• ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Why would you want to do this? It's better to necro an old thread than make a new one. Keeps all the discussion in one place and keeps the forum free from duplicate threads.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Or leave it up the to end bosses down around this place ya hear >:/
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    I agree with both ritual and Kouji. Allow necroing but also allow admins to lock very old threads (after reviewing it just in-case problem was not solved, etc.)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Can you explain where we are? I don't understand this matrix.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    james888 wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Can you explain where we are? I don't understand this matrix.
    There is no spoon