Simple Stuff to Improve Quality of play drastically

ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi! Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
Fast switch - Where is this? I load up to find Q asks for health and I have to keep pressing different number keys.

Voice enabled/disabled option - seems I have to manually click on every player to mute their in-game microphone. Also saw several people asking about this.

Simple things that will take very little time which will make the game much easier and of better quality.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Hmm default for "Quick Switch" is V? That's a weird key, but at least its in game now Thaldarin :P
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi! Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    Ah thank you! This had been driving me insane! :) lol
  • DraptorDraptor Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183721Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm glad they added it, and I've always questioned why the default medpack key is Q to this day. Before I rebound it I used to annoy the shit out of commanders accidentally during combat.
  • MontypMontyp Join Date: 2013-04-22 Member: 184930Members
    Thaldarin wrote: »
    Voice enabled/disabled option - seems I have to manually click on every player to mute their in-game microphone. Also saw several people asking about this.

Simple things that will take very little time which will make the game much easier and of better quality.

You should never mute your team, NS2 is all about teamwork and communication, a mute all would be a horrid feature to add. The reason the mute feature is there is to make sure you don't get drowned out by trolls
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi! Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    Montyp wrote: »

You should never mute your team, NS2 is all about teamwork and communication, a mute all would be a horrid feature to add. The reason the mute feature is there is to make sure you don't get drowned out by trolls

Intuition > Public Server Voice Communication.

It worked really well in NS1 and works much better at NS2 if I don't talk to my team nor engage with listening to them. I can see what upgrades are behind handled, see where the players are flowing, use radio/binds/calls and in NS2 it seems, be much more self-sufficient for a weapon.

You don't actually need a lot of chatter to play NS2, just players that know what is needed and a commander with a plan :)
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    You don't actually need a lot of chatter to play NS2, just players that know what is needed and a commander with a plan :)
    Dont need any of that to play NS2... However you're giving yourself a huge advantage if you have all 3 :P
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    yep, people enjoy talking and being heard. muting some of the more loquacious players allows me to be more aware of the game.

can we also add mwheel binds pls?
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    There is an slider in the sound menu in the options... you could simply turn down the voice volume. Effectively "muting" all communications. Not sure if it's a good idea as some people's voices (commander) are helpful to win the game.
  • PaLaGiPaLaGi Join Date: 2008-01-03 Member: 63331Members, Constellation
    Montyp wrote: »

Intuition > Public Server Voice Communication.

It worked really well in NS1 and works much better at NS2 if I don't talk to my team nor engage with listening to them. I can see what upgrades are behind handled, see where the players are flowing, use radio/binds/calls and in NS2 it seems, be much more self-sufficient for a weapon.

HL1 engine had a ton of different customizations. its not like "voice_enable 0" was added specifically for NS because it made sense.